In your OPINION who is the best player in the world?

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 236
  • Views 9K
It annoys me when people only ever choose attacking players for "best player in the world".

Thaaank you.

Its because normally the best players in the world are attacking ones. Always has , always will be.

Its because normally the best players in the world are attacking ones. Always has , always will be.

The Attacking player are more in the limelight, always had and always will be.

undoubtedly most people will say Messi, but how many of us actually watch spanish football every week, i dont, and i know many other people who dont, yet we still assume that he is the worlds best.

So i take this moment to make my judgement based on the football that i actually watch every week and love...

The best player in the world at the moment is, Dimitar Berbatov

I watch La Liga every weekend. And Berbatov is nowhere near CR7 and Messi.

No, Ferenc Puskás. 512 goals in 528 matches ;)

Lol OT. Messi then Ronaldo for me. As it has been for a while. But, due to his recent showings, Ronaldo is catching up. Fast.

puskas was an exceptional player but sandor kocsis was a more prolific goalscorer 75 goals in 68 games for hungary. kubala was one of the greatest shame he never had a proper chance to play for hungary.

The Attacking player are more in the limelight, always had and always will be.
Well, it is that way because it is easier to gauge by simply using goals/assists which is much easier to quantify than defensive capability IMO.

Fernando Peyroteo. The professional player with the best goals/game ration in history : 2.62 goals/game.

Thats nonsense. Goals per game ration, Puakas 500 goals...Com`on!!!! I believe we all agree that scoring in modern times is much more difficult that lets say the 30`s, 40`s, 50`s....

In the history of game, Pele has scored more than 1000 GOALS, I believe only 2 other players have reached that mark, and all are Brazilian. 1000 Goals!!!!

Now, currently, I think that Messi and CR7 have the potential to be one of the greatests of all time.

Thats nonsense. Goals per game ration, Puakas 500 goals...Com`on!!!! I believe we all agree that scoring in modern times is much more difficult that lets say the 30`s, 40`s, 50`s....

In the history of game, Pele has scored more than 1000 GOALS, I believe only 2 other players have reached that mark, and all are Brazilian. 1000 Goals!!!!

Now, currently, I think that Messi and CR7 have the potential to be one of the greatests of all time.

Pelé doesnt reach 1goal per game average.

Messi, he is amazing
and for defenders, i like Pique very much, he could easily be a quality MC/DMC in any team

Iker Casillas / Vidic / Xavi / Messi
Best in their respective positions

But Johan Cruyff was a god

Defenders don't get mentioned because defending is much more about the team than an individual. Vidic can be the beast that he is, but if Evans is slow to force the onside trap or gets turned inside out than there's nothing he can do about it. In attacking you can have one player who singlehandedly creates a goal. It's not like that in defending.

IMO Messi is the best, followed very closely by Cristiano Ronaldo. But Xavi and Iniesta are closely behind. For defenders, Puyol for me is the best. Dani Alves is the best wing-back in the world though. But as others said, it's absolutely impossible to quantify. Different players have different positions, strengths, and tasks. But I still think that Messi and Ronaldo are obviously from a different planet.