Took over in december 16 when Southampton was 19. in PL. Got them to 17.
Next season all went well and ended 4.
Current standing:
View attachment 1118087

My Current Lineup in 18/19 season
McCormack and O'Brien are Regens. Lemar was Transferlisted in dec. 16 and got him for 9M£!!!
Belotti have just been signed because he was also transfer listed and couldn't let him go to another club :)
Got them money from buying cheap or Free Transfers and selling them with a big proffit.
But are still trying to buy young and cheap and develop them along with Youth Academy Players :)
View attachment 1118086
Fixtures with new tactic:
View attachment 1118088

Thomas Lemar with new tactic:
View attachment 1118089
as i said before ive had alot of injuries and players not perfoming so decided to mix it up. And so far its been great :D

I love that you are using the reversed version - well I don't know all your players - but I know 6 of the starting 11 - Belotti should be a great AF and Kuki best ingame striker talent - then you got Lemar he can also play CM-A - ward prowse - goldaniga and mbemba is solid good players - will be interested what will happen with this team given time :)

Don't know if anyone is interested but i have created a few shortlist of players that play well in this formation. Mostly copied from your list Jess ;)

https://www.mediafire.com/?2cmf8sask22pdmt

Very cool with that - much better than a post - I'll add it to the front page

Cheers mates

I'm trying to see where each striker performes best. And have a soft spot for a few of the players so they get much playing time.
But the squad i have right now is filled with players that can play 2-3 of the positions. Kuki, Lemar, McCormack, Ward-Prowse, Eggestein, Tadic, Højbjerg, Oliver, Ascacibar, Clasie can all play 2-3 of the positions.

After the season i will try to trim the squad as i think i have to many players.

Going to try the shortlist to see if there are some players out there better then the ones i have now.

And by the way i'm also trying the tweaks suggested a few pages back, move closing dowm on FB to sometimes. So far it seems to work.

I'm also switching between the 2 versions, because O'Brien my regen FB is not fully developed in the attacking department so there i have Tymon and Targett on Attack, and sometimes switching to having Sam Byram on attack.

basic FM abc... you overachieved and now the opposition is more careful against you, taking you more serious, playing more defensive and also knows how to exploit you. guess they are countering you out through the wings... mostly a sign that the tactic is not perfect and has many weaknesses... usually appears in every tactic, which does not exploit the ME... it is hard, as you always feel like this is it, this is the tactic which beats anything because you had some success over a period, but suddenly, while beating man city away 5-0, one two weeks later, you lost your two games at home against wolves and sunderland...

Or basic fmbase user in general (when they complain) ABC - you forget to manage or have no patience - This tactic is this when managed - POST 2 - no weaknesses their - so stop the bullying or you'll be reported

Any thoughts about going with control/counter? And maybe changing striker partnership different roles?

Yes that is definitely exellent - gamebreaker as I link to in the OP - use a controlled mentality - which gives you are huge amount of possession when utilizing that midfield setup - 2 BWM's-S and a DLP-D - then edit the strikers to be AF's - I tried this its a great setup.

Using the current setup is different due to the attacking mentality - but I have had equal success to the setup I just mentioned - when I say equal I mean as good defensively - though on control you'll get 65%+ possession - while that sound very intriguing - their's no difference in how many chances the opponents have - I find the current setup better going forward - I should upload the setup I'm talking about later on then you can choose - but its much closer to Gamebreaker than the tactic in the OP.

I cannot recommend counter - I feel control or attacking is the sweet spot

Edit: striker roles are very perfect - I have strikers scoring 60-80 goals in all my saves - I cannot see other roles doing that - AF or CF is king for sure - if you want goals that is....uhmmm with the right kind of player ofcourse ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

I updated post 2 with an image of that - **** he looks good - If I may I recommend to train his stamina - that is a great attribute especially for dribblers - they lose less steam in their challenges - which means he can sprint with ball for longer 13+ :)

It seems like it could be a good idea to make a tutors list - Drogba number one on that list for sure :D

So how is Liverpool going did you get new signings etc?

Cheers titi fan - umtiti that is :D - greet the wife :D

Currently experimenting with some tweaks and roles, as I have lots of strong strikers with high work ethic and I am also trying to stabilize the defence. First season with only one transfer (young backup), I got the 3rd place with Hoffenheim, but experimented quite a lot with counter/control/attacking mentality and also pass into space, tempo etc.. Scnd season, I noticed that going with attacking mentality leads to a lot of goals, so I changed it to control and changed the wing back to a full back and also the rcm from cm support to dlp support, as I feel he covers the right full back a lot more and also offering him passing options, as the playmaker does not run forward like a headless chicken, but rather to the direction of the player who has currently the ball and so offers him not only a passing option (winger is not isolated anymore as whole midfield runs to the opposition penalty area --> can lead to losing the ball when trying to dribble against 2,3 defenders and leads to counter), but the midfielder is also there to recover possession, when the ball is lost. here are some screenshots of my save... I used Sandro Wagner as a target man, nothing special the guy, but scored a lot of goals. Amiri was my Amc, unfortunately got injured shortly after first half of the season for 6 months... but still very good statistics. Dortmund game was my last game with my latest tweak, looks promising and I hope it was not only a lucky momentum... View attachment 92115View attachment 92114View attachment 92113View attachment 92112

Really good tac, i just slap the **** out of Barca with my Schalke 04, the only problem is we sometime struggle in second half as the opponent play more agressive and score goals but its okay, by far we are dominating the league 13 game win 13, man this tac is crazy. Good old two strikers tac with an number 10 behind. Love it. But Jes please check the mirror version, the cdr is same role as the original tac, is it ok?

Currently experimenting with some tweaks and roles, as I have lots of strong strikers with high work ethic and I am also trying to stabilize the defence. First season with only one transfer (young backup), I got the 3rd place with Hoffenheim, but experimented quite a lot with counter/control/attacking mentality and also pass into space, tempo etc.. Scnd season, I noticed that going with attacking mentality leads to a lot of goals, so I changed it to control and changed the wing back to a full back and also the rcm from cm support to dlp support, as I feel he covers the right full back a lot more and also offering him passing options, as the playmaker does not run forward like a headless chicken, but rather to the direction of the player who has currently the ball and so offers him not only a passing option (winger is not isolated anymore as whole midfield runs to the opposition penalty area --> can lead to losing the ball when trying to dribble against 2,3 defenders and leads to counter), but the midfielder is also there to recover possession, when the ball is lost. here are some screenshots of my save... I used Sandro Wagner as a target man, nothing special the guy, but scored a lot of goals. Amiri was my Amc, unfortunately got injured shortly after first half of the season for 6 months... but still very good statistics. Dortmund game was my last game with my latest tweak, looks promising and I hope it was not only a lucky momentum... View attachment 1118125View attachment 1118126View attachment 1118127View attachment 1118128

Ok but I didn't release this tactic so it could be edited further - I'm perfectly happy with how it is - look at the results page again - post 2 - theirs nothing wrong with the defensive setup or how the team close down or play going forward - its a matter of reading my OP and follow it or not - get the type of players I tell you to get and you won't have these issues - Also give it time - players need time together before they blossom on the pitch. I know you so desperately wanna find flaws within the tactic of the OP - but the only flaws their is are people who wanna change what is a great success - I don't like that - this is my thread

Really good tac, i just slap the **** out of Barca with my Schalke 04, the only problem is we sometime struggle in second half as the opponent play more agressive and score goals but its okay, by far we are dominating the league 13 game win 13, man this tac is crazy. Good old two strikers tac with an number 10 behind. Love it. But Jes please check the mirror version, the cdr is same role as the original tac, is it ok?

I'm glad you like it mate - the reversed version is called - Almost reversed for a reason :D - that's the only thing their isn't changed becourse it doesn't matter. Remember its not a magic setup just becourse the roles are lined up in a specific way - I just decided to make the reversed one so if you for instance were playing with a team like Real Madrid who have a player like Marcelo - that would be useful alot :)

Hello guys,

When tutoring a player are you picking the first of the second dialogu option? What are the differences between the two options?

Still doing great in my game with Leiria. Good results in Europa ligue groups. In liga sagres it's harder but my subs are very poor and makes me loose a lot of points

Ok but I didn't release this tactic so it could be edited further - I'm perfectly happy with how it is - look at the results page again - post 2 - theirs nothing wrong with the defensive setup or how the team close down or play going forward - its a matter of reading my OP and follow it or not - get the type of players I tell you to get and you won't have these issues - Also give it time - players need time together before they blossom on the pitch. I know you so desperately wanna find flaws within the tactic of the OP - but the only flaws their is are people who wanna change what is a great success - I don't like that - this is my thread
Sry mate, don't understand, what your problem is. Now let me tell you something:
1. Tactic is by far not perfect as you mention! There are far a lot more consistent tactics. It is especially absolutely leaky in defence. It can be sometimes a 50/50 thing, either you finish your counter, or you concede. I have tried it for a season, completely fluid, there were matches, which I dominated absolutely, got surprising results and one week later we got smashed by a relegation zone side. I am playing the game since 5 years and now, which players to take for each position.
2. When I upload screenshots and changes, not because I want to trivialize your tactic or success, but rather to show some results, which you want to see I guess, as otherwise you would have not opened that thread and also to offer people other versions. You yourself did it, when you took the gamebreaker tactic, which has far more similiarities with your tactic than differences.
3. You don't need to be in panic that someone could even top your tactic, as there is not one tactic, which guarantees everyone always the same success and it is also up to everyone elses opinion, favour etc. which one might be the best and so on... When I want to publish something, I don't use someone else's thread and I am also not the type of person to publish tactics of others, where I did some changes... I prefer to either create something individual from the scratch up or leave it...
Kinda found it a bit too harsh from you...

Hello guys,

When tutoring a player are you picking the first of the second dialogu option? What are the differences between the two options?

Still doing great in my game with Leiria. Good results in Europa ligue groups. In liga sagres it's harder but my subs are very poor and makes me loose a lot of points

Hi Cain89

For what i know about that,if u choose the second option, the young player will be training/learning the same PPM´s that the tutor...I Guess that´s the only difference

Hello guys,

Hey mate - when tutoring you need to choose the 2nd option - Mentor to increase personality - if you want a player to learn ppm's its the 1st option

Hello guys,

These links helped me loads. Give them a read.

Player Tutoring | Football Manager 2017 Guide

Preferred Move Training | Football Manager 2017 Guide

Player Personalities | Football Manager 2017 Guide

Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2017 Guide

Thank you for your answers. I gonna improve my regen because Leiria is a very poor club

Sry mate, don't understand, what your problem is. Now let me tell you something:
1. Tactic is by far not perfect as you mention! There are far a lot more consistent tactics. It is especially absolutely leaky in defence. It can be sometimes a 50/50 thing, either you finish your counter, or you concede. I have tried it for a season, completely fluid, there were matches, which I dominated absolutely, got surprising results and one week later we got smashed by a relegation zone side. I am playing the game since 5 years and now, which players to take for each position.
2. When I upload screenshots and changes, not because I want to trivialize your tactic or success, but rather to show some results, which you want to see I guess, as otherwise you would have not opened that thread and also to offer people other versions. You yourself did it, when you took the gamebreaker tactic, which has far more similiarities with your tactic than differences.
3. You don't need to be in panic that someone could even top your tactic, as there is not one tactic, which guarantees everyone always the same success and it is also up to everyone elses opinion, favour etc. which one might be the best and so on... When I want to publish something, I don't use someone else's thread and I am also not the type of person to publish tactics of others, where I did some changes... I prefer to either create something individual from the scratch up or leave it...
Kinda found it a bit too harsh from you...

Well when I post results and look at the statistics in matches I play - it look pretty perfect to me - both defensively and offensively - so something you are doing must be wrong - I cannot agree with you - I don't find it leaky at all - same goes for gamebreaker - none of them are leaky - If you don't give it time - if you don't sign quality players if you don't manage and micro manage - you'll fail - You should follow my advice I give you on post 1.

Gamebreaker has alot of similarities yes - that's why I link to it on the front page (I give the author plenty of credit for his work) - but theirs a huge difference still becourse of the mentality change and some of the player positions/roles I use instead - I know it might not sound like alot but gameplay is extremely different when playing matches - I've been sitting on this tactic for many months debating with myself whether I should release it - I have had other people play with it and they thought I should release it - so I did

So let me make it clear - this is a 4312 - with attacking mentality - a quicker tempo than GB - it uses the best striker roles in the game - yes they are the best - how do I know that? becourse the other ones can't score 60-80 goals a season with the right strikers :) - the midfield is changed a tiny bit with one CM-A that acts beatifully if he got what it takes - the defence is the same - almost the same as any 4 defender tactics - can't be much difference - The sort of players you should be signing is extremely different from gamebreaker - read below...

What stands out even more though is the Opening Post - where I actually teach you how to use this tactic - which I imagine you don't like - but this is a how to thread as much it is a tactic share - this is my way of sharing with people - people who know me knows this - If people don't like it - That only shows pathetic souls to me :)

Panic where who? - I don't mind you making your own tactics or have your own ideas for that matter - but this thread is my thread - my ideas - my layout and howto's - my google ranking if that happens :)

This is my art - you can find it pathetic or like it - Cheers

ps Its a pitty you don't see it

Hi Cain89

For what i know about that,if u choose the second option, the young player will be training/learning the same PPM´s that the tutor...I Guess that´s the only difference

Just the other way around

When tutoring you need to choose the 2nd option - Mentor to increase personality - if you want a player to learn ppm's its the 1st option

My southampton game is beginning to fall apart. Have reached CL semi finals after knocking out Monaco and PSG. But in PL im getting beat by F****** Sunderland.
The goals are flying in against me and me attackers cant scorer to save their lives.
Havent done anything or changed anything. Just stopped working.

My fulbacks are hopeless for 3-4 matches with ratings around 6.2-6.4. After being great in the first 10 matches.
Also im beginning to pick up alot of yellow and reds. Didnt do that in the first many games. Just suddenly its poker time in my games.
Sticking with for the remaining 6 matches Hoping it will turn around.