Hello,

to begin i apologize for my english, i'm french. This tactic is great and a good improve of gamebreaker. I took a lot of goals from crosses because my full backs where closing down too much. I put FB's closing down to sometimes and seems to be a good improvement to defense. It don't seems to impact on offense.

Thanks for the tactic jesus.

Last edited:
Hello,

to begin i apologize for my english, i'm french. This tactic is great and a good improve of gamebreaker. I took a lot of goals from crosses because my full backs where closing down too much. I put FB's closing down to sometimes and seems to be a good improvement to defense. It don't seems to impact on offense.

Thanks for the tactic jesus.

Don't apoligize for anything matey - I understand you perfectly - Closedown sometimes (Noted - will try that) but the aggressive closedown could also be becourse of the attacking mentality - but if you say you see an improvement I will try it out - thanks for participating mate - I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I - Cheers

Leeds 2017/2018

As i stated before, I left Ajax and moved to Leeds.

Pre season prediction of 9th and little in the way of transfer funds, i thought a long season was ahead but.......

Please don't be fooled by the 7 defeats, most of these i rotated my squad fully and my first team wasn't that strong so the support players struggled.

Very happy with the style of football and how the season played out. League winners and a FA cup final (3-0 defeat to Man UTD) counts for a good year.

Now it's time to move on as i said, my aim is to get the Manchester United job where i will stay forever. Until then i will move around every year going from country to country if need be.

After an unsuccessful interview with Dortmund, i became the manager of Manchester City, i know right, me a United fan but hey ho, With a huge budget but a lot of changes needed i thought this would be a perfect move to get me into the higher end of management. City only finished 6th so no pressure of Champions League football. Wait till i post the transfer history at the end of the season...wow, i was ruthless when getting rid of players!

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

As i stated before, I left Ajax and moved to Leeds.

Pre season prediction of 9th and little in the way of transfer funds, i thought a long season was ahead but.......

Please don't be fooled by the 7 defeats, most of these i rotated my squad fully and my first team wasn't that strong so the support players struggled.

Very happy with the style of football and how the season played out. League winners and a FA cup final (3-0 defeat to Man UTD) counts for a good year.

Now it's time to move on as i said, my aim is to get the Manchester United job where i will stay forever. Until then i will move around every year going from country to country if need be.

After an unsuccessful interview with Dortmund, i became the manager of Manchester City, i know right, me a United fan but hey ho, With a huge budget but a lot of changes needed i thought this would be a perfect move to get me into the higher end of management. City only finished 6th so no pressure of Champions League football. Wait till i post the transfer history at the end of the season...wow, i was ruthless when getting rid of players!

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

HA HA - that is brilliant mate - I'm not surprised by your success in the championship, but in the Fa cup - that is awesome. The City job should make it a whole new kind of game for you - the potential to get the best of the best (players) for any formation - You've done a solid job pal - I have ofcourse updated post 2 with your Leeds result - which also links directly to this post.

Cheers pal

Hi i seem to always lose againts 442 formations how can i try to prevent that ? :/

Hi i seem to always lose againts 442 formations how can i try to prevent that ? :/

Can you give me more information I can actually use - transfer history - players - results - I dont have your problem

Im in my second season with this team, first season i managed to get 5th place i lost the final game and i dropped from 4th to 5th :( and i won the EFL , now things are going good but i seem to struggle a lot againts 442 .. now in the middle of the season i use your tactic almost all games except the ones vs 442 ...

View attachment 92244

This are the best games si had with your formation.
View attachment 92246View attachment 92245

Do you make any change at half season ? like different training ?
I had great result for the 1st half, but for some reasons my players are struggling a lot more since january.

Im in my second season with this team, first season i managed to get 5th place i lost the final game and i dropped from 4th to 5th :( and i won the EFL , now things are going good but i seem to struggle a lot againts 442 .. now in the middle of the season i use your tactic almost all games except the ones vs 442 ...

View attachment 1117978

This are the best games si had with your formation.
View attachment 1117976View attachment 1117977

Ok heres what - Fluidity is absolutely one of the most important things to really judge if a tactic has it or not but theirs much more than that - I know 3 players from your team - Ginkel I would use him as a DLP - Mariano and James Wilson - I think the 2 strikers will do decent in this tactic - but in all honesty - since I don't know most of your players I take it that they are not at the same level as the league you are playing in - which would explain things easy - any inconsistancy that you see might be as simple as lack of player quality - fluidity not 100% fluid as a team but also for the players play a role and will be partially another issue - using a tactic over time is the way to go more than switching back and forward between tactics - season 2 for a player often brings the best out of a player - having a season to get used to it all. Ofcourse things like adaptability and language is also having an effect on things. Team cohesion level - how long a first 11 have played with each other - Die for each other being the highest - has an effect on performance.

All this has nothing to do with what formation you play against - but many other things - yes.

So what can you tell me about the players are they quality or are they as I suspect below level?

You in the premier league right? - what position and after how many matches?

Cheers

Last edited:
Do you make any change at half season ? like different training ?
I had great result for the 1st half, but for some reasons my players are struggling a lot more since january.

No changes - tactics are not magic - I cannot explain your struggles since I know nothing about your save.cheers

Just wanna say that i really enjoy this tactic. It has turned my Southampton save around.
Everything was just failing with my former Tactic witch took me to 4 in PL the season before.
But injuries and CL have made this season tough. So tried changing to this tactic because it suited my players and the former tactic seemed outdated.
I am currently on a 5 match winning streak and is closing in on the EL spots in the league witch is the Boards objectiv.

And i have made it through to the Playoffs in CL with the former tactic, when it was still working, and are up against Monaco in the first round of the knockout stages. Won the away match 5-1! :D

So many thanks for a great tactic.
Just wanna say that speed upfront kills. I have a lot of through balls and with a speedy striker they just outruns the defenders and scorers. Loving it :)

Just wanna say that i really enjoy this tactic. It has turned my Southampton save around.
Everything was just failing with my former Tactic witch took me to 4 in PL the season before.
But injuries and CL have made this season tough. So tried changing to this tactic because it suited my players and the former tactic seemed outdated.
I am currently on a 5 match winning streak and is closing in on the EL spots in the league witch is the Boards objectiv.

And i have made it through to the Playoffs in CL with the former tactic, when it was still working, and are up against Monaco in the first round of the knockout stages. Won the away match 5-1! :D

So many thanks for a great tactic.
Just wanna say that speed upfront kills. I have a lot of through balls and with a speedy striker they just outruns the defenders and scorers. Loving it :)

I'm very happy to hear that mate - can you show us your team and how you go at the end of the season?

and yes strikers does benefit from quickness - especially the acceleration attribute high if pace is 12+ - but you can still succeed with less ofcourse - I can also add that the AP - right FB-A - CM-A also benefits highly from a high quickness altogether - the defenders will always benefit from it and I cannot recommend not having these above 13/13

Good post - thanks mate

Took over in december 16 when Southampton was 19. in PL. Got them to 17.
Next season all went well and ended 4.
Current standing:
View attachment 92146

My Current Lineup in 18/19 season
McCormack and O'Brien are Regens. Lemar was Transferlisted in dec. 16 and got him for 9M£!!!
Belotti have just been signed because he was also transfer listed and couldn't let him go to another club :)
Got them money from buying cheap or Free Transfers and selling them with a big proffit.
But are still trying to buy young and cheap and develop them along with Youth Academy Players :)
View attachment 92147
Fixtures with new tactic:
View attachment 92145

Thomas Lemar with new tactic:
View attachment 92144
as i said before ive had alot of injuries and players not perfoming so decided to mix it up. And so far its been great :D

No changes - tactics are not magic - I cannot explain your struggles since I know nothing about your save.cheers
basic FM abc... you overachieved and now the opposition is more careful against you, taking you more serious, playing more defensive and also knows how to exploit you. guess they are countering you out through the wings... mostly a sign that the tactic is not perfect and has many weaknesses... usually appears in every tactic, which does not exploit the ME... it is hard, as you always feel like this is it, this is the tactic which beats anything because you had some success over a period, but suddenly, while beating man city away 5-0, one two weeks later, you lost your two games at home against wolves and sunderland...