hello

can you post your First 11 please

Tottenham first season ;)

hoXUupQYc.png

Another great tactic, best about this... it works on FM Touch!

I am struggling second season with counter attacking teams... i feel i might have unbalanced my team. I have a great LB attacking and a solid RB for support. Due to my midfield being set up like yours attacks down the left sometime have half a pitch to run into.

Another issue is due to not having get stuck in turned on my team just seem to stand off.

Any advice?

I'M also in FMT and really need to try this tactic

Anyone can put Team instruction& Player instuction for me pleaseeee

FM-Touch

Hi this is not something I normally do - so if you are a user of fm-touch please Like this post- I need to understand the demand - Enjoy

TI's:
e2c8533702177552c821949d523126bc.png

PI's:

aa5f25dc4e5e29cd31f5e7a82a4fcfef.png

7704de1a9f66457df242c357468a97a7.png

175d5e6ee662f15c17068862de545edf.png

7b473f00dbdb3d7f19f6a203577fdad3.png

258b99b429ef355e1c7e1aa9e4458a21.png

b8241c53912534ecf9fbeb0490c7eafb.png

c728e17310dad75b2d76ed08866d2aeb.png

1c6a75e8c556cabadccd040478366b64.png

e54e8bac9e6e294bbb815bf5acdf5cd1.png

3a55b6eac891633956d14a46f7852bd5.png

acdb20f305068873a9f05369aed80fec.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Going for unbeaten into my 4th season with spurs, will post SS later

Shoot less often on your strikers?

Also i see how you get your FB's to work now, very clever

Had a great second season using the tactic too. No surprise, of course :)

Won the league again, 4 games prior to the season ending and qualified for the Europa League, which was a surprise and a bit lucky!

View attachment 1118999

View attachment 1119000
View attachment 1118996

Broke the league goal record!

View attachment 1118997

Used my boosted reputation to get some young talent in. My spending budget wasn't wild as you can see..
View attachment 1118998

Very nice mate - Well you prove that it certainly works anywhere - but I knew that - well done - it will be interesting to see when you start doing better in europe what sort of players you can attract for your team :)

Once again thank you for participating in this thread - I have updated the results post
longest post of the forum here :D

Cheers pal

unbeaten season :D

View attachment 1119021

My best eleven

Ahh - its good to see you on here Wii - its been a while - how are you going?
I love your Tottenham team their - its very nice looking - Portuguese magic in Sanches and Bernardo 2 of my favourite players - I have linked to your post as well -
The results page here

Cheers pal

Hi Jess,

Could you please make player filters ?
truly yours
dm

isn't it more players shorlists than players filters ?

I'm not gonna break it down for you - you have the game to help you out - look at what I write here - search for the roles I recommend to train - I mention some players - take a look at those players and get simular - all their is to it - Plenty of information below (Taken from the OP)

Players & Individual Training:

Attacking Fullback - A:
This position/role creates lots of assists and needs to be lightning quick and have attacking attributes - often my choice of player would be someone like Iorfa though he is a weirdo :D **** tall and scary player - in reality it would be good to have someone like Nelson Semedo becourse this position get scoring chances themselves and a 10+ finishing attribute wouldn't hurt for sure. Crosses are not as important though its a wide player.
Training - Complete Wingback Schedule + Quickness

Supporting Fullback - S:
Well you'll need someone like Riedewald a ball playing defender that interacts alot in the build up play - again I do not think that the cross attribute is of imperitive importance - passing attributes and technical attributes I value much more.
Training - Ball Playing Defender Schedule or Complete Wingback + Quickness

Central Defence - D:
I prefer these to be average quick +13/13 - the more ball playing these are the better, but not absolutely crucial. De Ligt from Ajax is a massive talent of the future in this department, but theirs plenty of good defenders out their - both cheap and expensive. One of my Favs are definitely Michael Keane.
Training - Ball playing defender + Quickness

Ball winning midfield - S:
Now its getting more exciting...- In the original gamebreaker tactic theirs two of these, but I've changed that to one only - what matters though is that you get an allround type of player more than you get a strong player - this player doesn't need to be a monster physically - its much more beneficial if you have a player that can do things going forward as well - Havertz is a great player in this position - he has 10 in tackling, but how I want you to see this is - get a complete midfielder like Koke - Fernandes (Botafogo) - other player like Husbauer insane longshot - I find longshots to be quite useful - I always get BWM's or other types of midfielders going forward to have atleast 13+ longshot. High workrate - teamwork - decisions - Technique and more technique.
Training - Roaming Playmaker or Deep laying Playmaker + Longshot

Deep Playmaker - D:
This position is the player I would say is the worst performing overall - so you would easily be able to use a cheap option here - an older AP in this position will often do well. Defending attributes are not as important as ball playing attributes - technical attributes - this player needs to be a composed visionary that works well within a team (teamwork) - Basically you need players with DLP attributes
Training - Deep Laying Playmaker Schedule

Central Midfield - A:
This is one of the most exciting roles in fm17 when getting the right player - I'm seeing this position as a 4th striker to be honest - yes exciting isn't it? :D - So let me explain...This position needs to be a quick dribbler who has lots of visions offball movement skills and obviously a technical genius with flair - then he needs to be able to finish like a striker (James Rodriguez) (Renato Sanches) (Alena) (Asensio) and many more I bet.
Training - Roaming Playmaker Schedule + Finish

Advanced Playmaker - A:
My Favourite Role in both modern and past football - this however is like a 3rd striker - a creative striker - this position will score lots of goals and assist alot - Asensio is definitely gods son in this position - Oliver isn't :( - you will want someone who can both finish and shoot from a distance - you will want vision and technical attributes, but you will also want this player to be intelligent
(decisions - flair - composure - anticipation) & fairly quick
Training - Adavanced Playmaker + Finishing

Complete Forward - A:
Depending on who you got ofcourse - this player can score alot of goals - 60+ I've seen 87 - what I find important is CFA to be creative - quick - technical - I don't care if these are strong but its always nice if they are - Vietto can do well here - Dybala/Suarez/ - Regents. In case you can't find one or don't have one becourse of lack of talent - its definitely ok to change this role to an advanced forward - I do that in my own saves if I feel that the players are not as good as a CF. One more thing I like in strikers that can finish is the PPM shoot with power if they have technique as well. Basically I just like quick creative strikers who got flair - AP schedule will provide that in that case its + finishing
Training - F9 or Advanced playmaker Schedule + quickness

Advanced Forward - A:
Nothing extraordinary about the AF - but I can tell you its a position that are capable of scoring lots of goals - I have seen a very young Buitink
(becomes world class) scored above 60 goals in the 2nd season tutored the first year by Didier Drogba - became a perfectionist in personality - you are probably aware that their aren't many of those that can often be an indicator of special talent - not always but in some cases for sure. I obviously treat the CF and the AF the same - so a quick technical finisher with the ppm shoot with power. Another good ppm for a striker is - Get in to opposition area - both ppms are golden.
Training - F9 + quickness or AP + finishing

well Jes, in my opinion, it is possible to find the right player/s without a tons of filters and I really think people should try that just sometimes... it's a good way to learn which atributes is important for a position and/or role and that can be really usefull for LLM or small club saves, where a filter for the best possible player wont help at all. Your guide to the positions/roles is much more usefull :)