Josh McEachran

Personal opinion here I have not seen anything really which has impressed me about him yet or shown me that he has the potential Chelsea fans have said he has.

However I guess looking at Chelsea fans can pray that he is what they think he is after all there other youngsters look absolute terrible. Compared to other teams such as Arsenal and Man United. :D

I think its unfair to say out youngsters look terrible. Kakuta i agree hasen't hit the hights. But Sturridge has scored 8 goals in 10 starts for Chelsea and deserves more starts. Van Aanholt is a near on dead cert to replace Ashley Cole once he retires. Jeffrey Bruma has won his first Dutch cap this year and looks very calm and composed when he has featured.

When you talk about youngsters you are talking about Hernandez who is 21, Smalling is 22 and the same for Arsenal. But when we talk about our youngsters we are talking about lads 15-18.

Sorry Mceachran or however you spell passes a ball and suddenly he has the potential to be the next Lampard... I do not think he is even attacking minded, he plays more of a holding role so why is he even compared to Lampard.

Regarding your comment about Hernandez I think you are jealous that we got him and you did not, after all you have Kakuta and Sturridge oO)

Bruma I think is decent and Kakuta I think is over rated and defenders have had him in there back pockets and did you see Rafael this season? Or even today, he handled Bale superbly and he got sent off for a tangle of legs... but then again the referee was Mike Dean so what do you come to expect.

United have Cleverley, Macheda, Hernandez, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Smalling just to name a few who have all shown glimpses of there ability already in the EPL.

Anyway back on topic that was just my opinion I have not seen anything yet that I believe Chelsea fans are all saying about him. Sorry for saying an opinion.

You have the right to have you own opninion but i assume Chelsea fans have seen more of him than you but i fully accept you opinion mate. McEachran from day 1 was and will never be a replacement for Lampard. Lampard has been so important to us he is the type of player you can never replace, its up to us to find a way to work around not having Lampard when he desides to retire.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

a few clips i watched on youtube of the lad, this one is from the last 2 seasons for the youth team.
YouTube - Josh McEachran

Camio away at Spartak Moscow
YouTube - josh mceachran vs spartak moskow

Against Newcastle in Carling Cup
YouTube - Josh McEachran v Newcastle
Now i know Youtube can make and tom **** and harry look good but there is a reason why people are excited about this lad.​

CJACKO11, you 've said about everything I wanted to say when I just saw this topic now.

He has played very few league minutes so far, hence people haven't seen a lot of him. But I think he could be getting that league start soon going by Carlo's words after the Ipswich game.

"McEachran is ready to start in the Premier League because he has trained really well, he has confidence, he has personality and he is strong. A lot of people look at him and think he is not strong enough in the tackle but against Ipswich he was strong.

"He doesn't lack anything at all. We are lucky because our scouts and academy have done well to produce this player."

I don't want him to be rushed in too soon, but he has to see more league action than he has so far imo.

CJACKO11, you 've said about everything I wanted to say when I just saw this topic now.

He has played very few league minutes so far, hence people haven't seen a lot of him. But I think he could be getting that league start soon going by Carlo's words after the Ipswich game.

I don't want him to be rushed in too soon, but he has to see more league action than he has so far imo.

All in good time...he will get his chance in the future...lampard and salomon think hes gonna be a star and see him every day.

Don't mean to sound anti-chelsea, but he'll just become good and Chelsea will sell him.. just like they did with Matic and Stoch.

Don't mean to sound anti-chelsea, but he'll just become good and Chelsea will sell him.. just like they did with Matic and Stoch.

Matic wasnt good enough and was 22 and Stoch wanted first team football week in week out which he wouldnt have got at Chelsea straight away.

I'm sorry but you don't have a clue.

I'm sorry but you don't have a clue.

How so? Did I not just make a valid point? I don't like being mindlessly insulted just because I said something that might not be very nice to your precious Chelsea. If you disagree with me then please back up with evidence or explain why rather than just say that.

How so? Did I not just make a valid point? I don't like being mindlessly insulted just because I said something that might not be very nice to your precious Chelsea. If you disagree with me then please back up with evidence or explain why rather than just say that.

Your point is valid dont worry. Difference is i feel that McEachran is only 17 and has much more promise and potential then the 2 you named. Also he is coming through at just the right time because it gives him a 2-3 years to bed into the first team just in time for when Lampard retires or starts to play less games for him to slot straight into centre midfield. I have seen alot fo this lad for over a year now and not just because hes Chelsea, this lad is something special trust me.

Your point is valid dont worry. Difference is i feel that McEachran is only 17 and has much more promise and potential then the 2 you named. Also he is coming through at just the right time because it gives him a 2-3 years to bed into the first team just in time for when Lampard retires or starts to play less games for him to slot straight into centre midfield. I have seen alot fo this lad for over a year now and not just because hes Chelsea, this lad is something special trust me.

You see.. that's the kind of response I'd have liked JDY.. I don't doubt his potential at all CJACKO, I do hope he becomes big for Chelsea and England simply because the more English talents coming through, the better.

He is eligable to play for a greater nation Scotland I believe:L

That's two ridiculous comments I've seen you post in the space of 5 minutes. I don't know whether it's just an awful attempt of trolling or you're actually being serious.

Fair enough, you have an opinion on the matter. Go and read the post you made again, you said it like that is what will definately happen. Have you even seen him play live? It's like me saying Tom Cleverley will fail when we goes back to United and will be sold. For all I know he could have the same impact as others such as Rafael and Hernandez have made.

Don't go off on one when you have no/limited knowledge on the subject. I find it funny how you can compare Josh to the likes of Matic and Stoch, although I can understand it seeing as only Chelsea fans will know what Josh can be if he keeps on improving.

Last edited:

You can't rate McEachran on the same level as Stoch and Matic. Stoch and Matic didn't really appear in the Chelsea team. McEachran has made his debut at 17 and will feature in the coming seasons.

um that's bs tbf.
the lad will get given a chance, matic and stoch weren't nearly the right level or have the same potential.. plus mceachran will have home-grown status and we all know how much that means. plus they'd get a right grilling if they sold one of our brightest home talents.

You see.. that's the kind of response I'd have liked JDY.. I don't doubt his potential at all CJACKO, I do hope he becomes big for Chelsea and England simply because the more English talents coming through, the better.

Me too mate, i have been a Chelsea supporter now for 16years and i have seen acadamy players come and then vanish into thin air but this lad if we nerture him will become a big player im sure.

He is eligable to play for a greater nation Scotland I believe:L

He is indeed mate, his mum and dad are Scottish but he was born in Oxford.

There is no one like Lampard, He is one of a kind!

um that's bs tbf.
the lad will get given a chance, matic and stoch weren't nearly the right level or have the same potential.. plus mceachran will have home-grown status and we all know how much that means. plus they'd get a right grilling if they sold one of our brightest home talents.

That's two ridiculous comments I've seen you post in the space of 5 minutes. I don't know whether it's just an awful attempt of trolling or you're actually being serious.

Fair enough, you have an opinion on the matter. Go and read the post you made again, you said it like that is what will definately happen. Have you even seen him play live? It's like me saying Tom Cleverley will fail when we goes back to United and will be sold. For all I know he could have the same impact as others such as Rafael and Hernandez have made.

Don't go off on one when you have no/limited knowledge on the subject. I find it funny how you can compare Josh to the likes of Matic and Stoch, although I can understand it seeing as only Chelsea fans will know what Josh can be if he keeps on improving.

As you can see from my previous quote to CJACKO, I made no intention of malice towards Chelsea fans so I was not attempting to troll. However it's just the case that Chelsea aren't really the same as Manchester United and Arsenal for example with giving youngsters the chance. Seeing as he's had a few cameo appearances this season, he obviously has what it takes and hopefully this IS chelsea showing that they do intend to give their academy a chance with linking younger players into the side. It's just that I can't really think of Chelsea players after the Abramovic take-over who have been given a chance and quite a few were prematurely sold. I hope this isn't the case with him.