Status
Not open for further replies.
JP - thanks for this.

I'm a long term admirer of your tactics, and will give this a go.

I'm going to start a new game as Newcastle and give it a go - love counter attacking football!

Will let you know how things go!

If anyone is looking for some cheap fast free players some are.

Soukouna

Brandy

Aliadiere

If anyone is looking for some cheap fast free players some are.

Soukouna

Brandy

Aliadiere

I got Brandy, Also David Odonkor from Betis, Yannick Boli from Nimes, and and Donal McDermott from Man City. All have been great for me, especially McDermott.

JP

I'm pure RAPING with your Clough 442 tactic with Chelsea right now, so haven't used these tactics yet, but I'm wondering, if I was to use them with Chelsea and say I was away but to a really poor team like Middlesborough ;) could I use the 'Home' tactic in that type of game, or should I still use the 'Away' tactic, even though I would be heavy favourite????

Steve

JP

I'm pure RAPING with your Clough 442 tactic with Chelsea right now, so haven't used these tactics yet, but I'm wondering, if I was to use them with Chelsea and say I was away but to a really poor team like Middlesborough ;) could I use the 'Home' tactic in that type of game, or should I still use the 'Away' tactic, even though I would be heavy favourite????

Steve

Ive not used this with a top team yet so not sure, i would probably still use the away tactic then maybe switch to the home for the last 20-30 mins if your dominating but not winning and feel you could score.

Will as always download your tactic, JP WOODY. Will play a season with Blackpool and will keep you updated with screenshots of the results
and the league table. Thanks for the tactic. :)

Feel free to share any future tactical brilliance in the staff room JP, balls to all these nobs who give you nothing but ****.

And in Premium Member lounge, we appreciate your mastermindedness

First few games and I am not really getting the results from the striker, just 4 goals in 10 between Bent and Agbonlahor so changing that to Poacher to see if there is any benefit. Both I believe would suit and it is all a matter of suiting your players but so far I am happy with the tactic minus the Advanced Forward

First few games and I am not really getting the results from the striker, just 4 goals in 10 between Bent and Agbonlahor so changing that to Poacher to see if there is any benefit. Both I believe would suit and it is all a matter of suiting your players but so far I am happy with the tactic minus the Advanced Forward

Origianally developed it with a poacher but changed it to Advanced Forward as i think it works better. Also advanced forwards are better as the lone striker where as poachers tend to need a strike partner. It might work better for you though.

My main striker for the 2 seasons has been Gary Madine, he has done pretty well as advanced forward:

View attachment 166019

Last edited:
I personally have always played a lone striker as a Poacher if he is of the Agbonlahor/Bent mould or a Deep Lying Forward/Support if it was somebody better at holding up the ball and feeding the wingers (My preferred method), Edin Dzeko and Wayne Rooney have both done well up front in that role. It all really depends on the player, the Advanced Forward should work especially as Agbonlahor for me has good strength and solid aerial ability to go with his unrivalled pace but maybe its the lack of creativity from midfield for me, just signed Danny for 3.4M so that should change. I'll keep you up to date when I can JP as I do like this idea, it's rare to see somebody not upload a tactic that is ridiculously attacking.

Played 15 games with Wigan and its not too bad, 12th position. Will keep it brief cos off to bed but the home version looks good but the away is a bit unconvincing IMO. Its just far too negative and in a few games i have had 4-5 shots on goal compared to the oppositions 25+ and basically been battered. I have also noticed (especially away) that when the ball goes up to the lone striker the rest of the side will counter so quickly that if he doesnt get the pass right you are left very exposed and i have conceded a few times from this.

However, quite impressed and will stick it out with it and see if it improves.

Played 15 games with Wigan and its not too bad, 12th position. Will keep it brief cos off to bed but the home version looks good but the away is a bit unconvincing IMO. Its just far too negative and in a few games i have had 4-5 shots on goal compared to the oppositions 25+ and basically been battered. I have also noticed (especially away) that when the ball goes up to the lone striker the rest of the side will counter so quickly that if he doesnt get the pass right you are left very exposed and i have conceded a few times from this.

However, quite impressed and will stick it out with it and see if it improves.

I've actually found the away tactic to be great. I did say in the OP you wouldn't dominate games.

jp would u try to create a 4-2-3-1 tactic because u is d master of fm !

Finished my 2nd season with Sheff Wed. Its went amazing when you consider we had just come up and we were tipped for relegation. My squad as you can see isnt the best, though it does suit these tactics.

View attachment 166039

We managed to get an amazing 2nd consecutive promotion finishing runners up to Wigan, who we actually beat twice in the league and once in the cup.

View attachment 166040

In the FA cup we were equally brilliant and amazingly made it all the way to the final were we were unlucky to be beaten by Man Utd after extra time. Beating Premier League Bolton 5-0 was the highlight.

View attachment 166041

jp would u try to create a 4-2-3-1 tactic because u is d master of fm !

Read the first post please !

"This will be my final tactic for FM11 and probably FM altogether. Partly because of the childish stick i get form childish noobs and morons but mainly because i dont really have the time or patience anymore.

Hope you enjoy the tactic. Follow my instructions or it wont work, and give it time.

Reguards JP. "

Well done mate - that's an awesome achievement!

Early signs with my new Newcastle save are good, have bought in alot of players so hopefully when I get 10-15 games in it will start to pay off.

Well done mate - that's an awesome achievement!

Early signs with my new Newcastle save are good, have bought in alot of players so hopefully when I get 10-15 games in it will start to pay off.

Yeah that may take time depending how many players you have bought. Someone has already told me they started a game with Doncaster Rovers, lost his first 5 games including a 6-0 battering but has stuck with it and is now 4th in the league and has just won his last 7 games.

Shame that you didn't win that FA CUP, JP Woody. Probably could give it a go with my Roda JC save game that I started yesterday, I hope when time allows to post my results as usual. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.