JP Woody's Wenger Style Tactics 12.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need mega fast center backs? My opposition's strikers always get behind my defense with consummate ease. My current center backs have acceleration pace of somewhere around 14, 13 and it's not helping at all. Just wanted to improve on my defense as I tend to concede a truck load of goals away from home, especially against the big teams. The downside of this tactic thus far is that when I lose, I lose big.

Do I need mega fast center backs? My opposition's strikers always get behind my defense with consummate ease. My current center backs have acceleration pace of somewhere around 14, 13 and it's not helping at all. Just wanted to improve on my defense as I tend to concede a truck load of goals away from home, especially against the big teams. The downside of this tactic thus far is that when I lose, I lose big.

Are you using the 4231? if so try the 442 which is more solid.

View attachment 244846
Just tried the 4-4-2 against Liverpool, which already has 100% familiarity as it is my backup tactic since the start of the season. I got a draw at Anfield which is a good result, but I was absolutely dominated in the game and was lucky to come out with a draw. Liverpool's strikers - Suarez and Kadlec would just receive the ball from midfield, turn around my defenders and run straight towards the goal and they will be in a one-on-one situation against my goalkeeper.

I know I'm Wigan but I finished in second place the season before and I think my team is pretty solid. The tactic had worked wonders in the development of my team, it's just that I can't seems to get a decent result against the big teams that's all.

View attachment 244846
Just tried the 4-4-2 against Liverpool, which already has 100% familiarity as it is my backup tactic since the start of the season. I got a draw at Anfield which is a good result, but I was absolutely dominated in the game and was lucky to come out with a draw. Liverpool's strikers - Suarez and Kadlec would just receive the ball from midfield, turn around my defenders and run straight towards the goal and they will be in a one-on-one situation against my goalkeeper.

I know I'm Wigan but I finished in second place the season before and I think my team is pretty solid. The tactic had worked wonders in the development of my team, it's just that I can't seems to get a decent result against the big teams that's all.

You weren't absolutely dominated. They are one of the big teams and at home, You got only 2% less possession than them, you had 2 clear cut chances to their 1. Give it a chance.

Thanks a lot, I'll try a few more games with it. Just another question, is the LCM required to be considerably good in defending as well? Like at least some decent stats in marking, tackling and positioning or just an attacking minded one?

Thanks a lot, I'll try a few more games with it. Just another question, is the LCM required to be considerably good in defending as well? Like at least some decent stats in marking, tackling and positioning or just an attacking minded one?

It doesn't really matter tbh. As long as hes a good player. He will still defend but will make more forward runs and try more through balls.

Alright, because my central midfielders tend to get the lowest ratings so I thought I'm doing something wrong.

Jp...

as i told you before i'm loving the tactic and using in Athleci Bilbao..
on my second season i'm on first place but will have two hard matches away with real madrid and barcelona... las year i lost against them in their house and this year i have the same team..

what kind of adjustement should i make to try not lossing agaisnt them in their house? since they have much better players and las year i lost with the normal JP 443

Jp...

as i told you before i'm loving the tactic and using in Athleci Bilbao..
on my second season i'm on first place but will have two hard matches away with real madrid and barcelona... las year i lost against them in their house and this year i have the same team..

what kind of adjustement should i make to try not lossing agaisnt them in their house? since they have much better players and las year i lost with the normal JP 443

No adjustment, its a plug and play tactic. Ive been beaten heavily by the big teams then beat them comfortably the next season with the same tactic. Trying to play defensively against these teams doesn't work.

Just thought I would share my progress with you so far on a new save I have started as Manchester United...

View attachment 244919

Going brilliantly so far thanks very much, this is the original 4-2-3-1 btw

you seem to be outscoring me atm, but my teams not fully fluid so im hoping give it a few more matches and i too should be scoring more, will post another update when i get to january, very pleased with my 4-0 win over chelski away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.