Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see counter attacking football is that if your constantly getting hit attack after attack eventually the other team will score, attacking is literally the best form of defence!

On topic... Gonna give this a stab with Everton JP

The counter tactic worked very well defensively in the last patch but with the long shot bug in this patch you end up just getting peppered big time with shots if you sit back.

Good luck with the Everton test.

View attachment 299234View attachment 299236View attachment 299237View attachment 299238View attachment 299239View attachment 299240View attachment 299241View attachment 299235

Here my first season using your tactic JP, as you can see it worked wonders for me. Had some great loan signings that did really well. My top scorer only had 2-2,5 in his ability and potential. Great tactic :). Won L2 with another tactic but then the update came and you were quick to make this ;p

Really good going. Your other tactic might of worked, the new update had no affect on the match engine.

do you want some one speciel to take corner? ore the best corner taker?

hi JP
Great tactics
What is your transfer with vitesse? have you keeped kakuta van anholt and kalas??
thank you

Really good going. Your other tactic might of worked, the new update had no affect on the match engine.

Actually I used your 433 halfway through the season in L2, but it began to get a little dodgy, so I changed to POW Right in the kisser. Changed to your 442 cause I like to play with 2 centre forwards rather than 1

Hey JP just a quick update for you and for everyone else to see how I'm doing with Q.P.R.

Overall I believe we are doing really well, I'm currently 5th and trying to undo the mess that Mark Hughes left, they have a huge wage/overpaid players problem. I was astounded when I started to look in depth at the contracts some of the players have...fees per appearance/goal bonuses are a joke for some players and they simply don't perform on a consistent basis.

I had 4mil to spend at the start of the season and the only player I brought in was Wellington Nem as I was concerned by the lack of quality on the left.
I'm going to be releasing alot of players as I simply can't sell them and I need to balance the books as Q.P.R sadly by mid season were in the red...and in desperate need of quality and consistent players. Hopefully though I'll be able to make some money from some sales as it is very much needed.

Ok so here is my transfer history, this will include the current January window.

View attachment 299391
Ademílson was costly in the terms I have to pay his fee over 42 months, I'm also trying to snap up Odion Ighalo..(you might have heard of him :p) He'll be coming in as his contract expires subject to work permit being passed. So most of my strikers will be told to leave at the end of the season if I can't get anyone to buy them.

Ok so the league table...

View attachment 299394
As you can see performing well above expectations and thankfully my board is fairly lenient with only expecting to avoid relegation. The actual media prediction was 15th so I am definitely at the right end of the table.

Some fixture shots next...

View attachment 299398View attachment 299399

Some very pleasing results against the big clubs, but also I have to say the ME is still buggy enough that the odd goal is a little strange to say the least. And again odd defensive choices by my defenders..but anyway overall the play has been fun to watch, and it's nice to give the odd team a real drumming.

And finally the squad...

View attachment 299401

The real stand out player has been Jamie Mackie in the Complete Forward role.

Top 3 Players....

View attachment 299407View attachment 299410View attachment 299411

Robert Green has been absolutely astounding for us and has kept Julio Cesar out of the team certainly deserving a mention.
(If you want to see any other players let me know)

Playing well and hoping to balance the books so I'm very happy.

I'll do a final update once my season is over.

Thanks JP.

Quick Update:
Tried and failed to sign Odion Ighalo just can't get a work permit for him at all, tried several times. One major problem I am having is the players want such huge wages Mbia, Faurlin and even Ferdinand.

Hopeful Transfers Out

Luke Young
Julio César
Jay Bothroyd
DJ Campbell
Radek Cerny
Joey Barton
Hogan Ephiram
Bobby Zamora

Transfers In

David Ospina
Paulo De Ceglie

Last edited:
Hey JP just a quick update for you and for everyone else to see how I'm doing with Q.P.R.

Overall I believe we are doing really well, I'm currently 5th and trying to undo the mess that Mark Hughes left, they have a huge wage/overpaid players problem. I was astounded when I started to look in depth at the contracts some of the players have...fees per appearance/goal bonuses are a joke for some players and they simply don't perform on a consistent basis.

I had 4mil to spend at the start of the season and the only player I brought in was Wellington Nem as I was concerned by the lack of quality on the left.
I'm going to be releasing alot of players as I simply can't sell them and I need to balance the books as Q.P.R sadly by mid season were in the red...and in desperate need of quality and consistent players. Hopefully though I'll be able to make some money from some sales as it is very much needed.

Ok so here is my transfer history, this will include the current January window.

View attachment 299391
Ademílson was costly in the terms I have to pay his fee over 42 months, I'm also trying to snap up Odion Ighalo..(you might have heard of him :p) He'll be coming in as his contract expires subject to work permit being passed. So most of my strikers will be told to leave at the end of the season if I can't get anyone to buy them.

Ok so the league table...

View attachment 299394
As you can see performing well above expectations and thankfully my board is fairly lenient with only expecting to avoid relegation. The actual media prediction was 15th so I am definitely at the right end of the table.

Some fixture shots next...

View attachment 299398View attachment 299399

Some very pleasing results against the big clubs, but also I have to say the ME is still buggy enough that the odd goal is a little strange to say the least. And again odd defensive choices by my defenders..but anyway overall the play has been fun to watch, and it's nice to give the odd team a real drumming.

And finally the squad...

View attachment 299401

The real stand out player has been Jamie Mackie in the Complete Forward role.

Top 3 Players....

View attachment 299407View attachment 299410View attachment 299411

Robert Green has been absolutely astounding for us and has kept Julio Cesar out of the team certainly deserving a mention.
(If you want to see any other players let me know)

Playing well and hoping to balance the books so I'm very happy.

I'll do a final update once my season is over.

Thanks JP.

Quick Update:
Tried and failed to sign Odion Ighalo just can't get a work permit for him at all, tried several times. One major problem I am having is the players want such huge wages Mbia, Faurlin and even Ferdinand.

Hopeful Transfers Out

Luke Young
Julio César
Jay Bothroyd
DJ Campbell
Radek Cerny
Joey Barton
Hogan Ephiram
Bobby Zamora

Transfers In

David Ospina
Paulo De Ceglie

Great feedback cheers. Performing well.

all i can say is....what a tatic best one ive used so far....currently on a 10 match unbeaten streak with portsmouth in season 1!!

Cracking tactic JP. Using it with my Copenhagen team and thrashing teams! Only downside is I concede a **** of a lot of goals.

Simple setups with mostly generic roles set to very fluid seem to be quite effect on this game. I've made a few myself that are working well for me and you see loads of simple very fluid tactics being posted that are working for alot of people.

Hey JP and all.

My first season at Q.P.R is over now and thought I'd post about how it all went. It's been a roller coaster of season that's for sure.

The final league table...

View attachment 299804
As you can see it's been a very successful season and I think finishing 6th for a team like Q.P.R is fantastic.
As for cup competitions we won the FA Cup in a thrilling final against Blackburn Rovers.

My fixtures after January 1st got a little erratic for awhile but eventually evened out I am happy to say.

Some surprising wins and perhaps surprising losses...

View attachment 299806
I think the most annoying part were those 3 draws in a row as we came so close to winning each one. However the game said no usually in the final few minutes/added time.

3 Best Players again...

View attachment 299807View attachment 299808View attachment 299809

The Top Goalscorer & Runner-up

View attachment 299811View attachment 299809

Top Assists and Runner-up...

Perhaps unsurprisingly Wellington Nem takes the top spot on assists and Adel Taarabt comes in a close second with 9.

The Bad News...

Sadly because of the over paid players and the immense level of fees paid to some players via apperance/goal bonuses it's pushed Q.P.R's finances well into the red. I can't seem to sell some of the players and many will have to go on a free as no one will buy them. Which in the long run will help, but getting replacements maybe a challenge, that however depends on what the board say and what my new budget will be come the new season.

Got to see what happens there really...but for sure some players are definitely going as I want to approve the squad and bringing more determined and consistent players.

Final thoughts

The play is fantastic to watch and very fluid like the setting suggests, but be under no illusion you will concede goals though to be fair I have found this so far to be fairly solid defensively, plus you do have to take into consideration the quality of the defenders at your disposal.

I believe that the left winger and the complete forward are by far the most important roles so good quality players there are a must, don't forget the poacher too as he too can grab the odd game winning goal and score fairly often too.

Another big key is the micro managment side of the game, tryign to keep your squad happy and things like that it really does boost performances and I believe in this years game is a larger part of it than the tactical side.

You will of course get a few annoying bugs, I don't think this is anyone that hasn't had something to say about those in this years game particularly defending bugs/goalkeeper issues. The list is pretty long...but above all don't let it put you off keep going!

Well that's the last of my feedback from this season looking forward to my second season...all that remains for me to say is thank you JP for the work you put into your tactic.

Take care all and happy managing.

Hey JP and all.

My first season at Q.P.R is over now and thought I'd post about how it all went. It's been a roller coaster of season that's for sure.

The final league table...

View attachment 299804
As you can see it's been a very successful season and I think finishing 6th for a team like Q.P.R is fantastic.
As for cup competitions we won the FA Cup in a thrilling final against Blackburn Rovers.

My fixtures after January 1st got a little erratic for awhile but eventually evened out I am happy to say.

Some surprising wins and perhaps surprising losses...

View attachment 299806
I think the most annoying part were those 3 draws in a row as we came so close to winning each one. However the game said no usually in the final few minutes/added time.

3 Best Players again...

View attachment 299807View attachment 299808View attachment 299809

The Top Goalscorer & Runner-up

View attachment 299811View attachment 299809

Top Assists and Runner-up...

Perhaps unsurprisingly Wellington Nem takes the top spot on assists and Adel Taarabt comes in a close second with 9.

The Bad News...

Sadly because of the over paid players and the immense level of fees paid to some players via apperance/goal bonuses it's pushed Q.P.R's finances well into the red. I can't seem to sell some of the players and many will have to go on a free as no one will buy them. Which in the long run will help, but getting replacements maybe a challenge, that however depends on what the board say and what my new budget will be come the new season.

Got to see what happens there really...but for sure some players are definitely going as I want to approve the squad and bringing more determined and consistent players.

Final thoughts

The play is fantastic to watch and very fluid like the setting suggests, but be under no illusion you will concede goals though to be fair I have found this so far to be fairly solid defensively, plus you do have to take into consideration the quality of the defenders at your disposal.

I believe that the left winger and the complete forward are by far the most important roles so good quality players there are a must, don't forget the poacher too as he too can grab the odd game winning goal and score fairly often too.

Another big key is the micro managment side of the game, tryign to keep your squad happy and things like that it really does boost performances and I believe in this years game is a larger part of it than the tactical side.

You will of course get a few annoying bugs, I don't think this is anyone that hasn't had something to say about those in this years game particularly defending bugs/goalkeeper issues. The list is pretty long...but above all don't let it put you off keep going!

Well that's the last of my feedback from this season looking forward to my second season...all that remains for me to say is thank you JP for the work you put into your tactic.

Take care all and happy managing.

Great feedback, hopefully your next season will go even better. Good luck.

Simple setups with mostly generic roles set to very fluid seem to be quite effect on this game. I've made a few myself that are working well for me and you see loads of simple very fluid tactics being posted that are working for alot of people.

Most of my tactics since the wizard came out are simple set ups, i really don't see the need to complicate things. I'm well versed with the wizard though and know exactly what effect every choice i make regarding player roles and team set up will have on the sliders, so that helps.

Cracking tactic JP. Using it with my Copenhagen team and thrashing teams! Only downside is I concede a **** of a lot of goals.

Meh, buy a better keeper and defenders. It's quite hard to keep clean sheets on this patch so i took a "if you can't beat them join them" approach. The truth is when i released the more solid tactics i had people moaning about it not scoring enough, so now i release a tactic that scores for fun and people moan about the defence. You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Last edited:
Started one with Tottenham (like you did) really impressed by this tactic one of the best i have used, definately the best tactic i have used for Tottenham.

Trophies i won/lost:

Premier League Won- Won this really comfortably :)

Capital One Cup- Knocked out early due to me using a weak team, not bothered as its only the League Cuo

F.A Cup- Lost to wolves with a fairly weak team despite being all over them with 4 CCC's

Euro Cup- Won quite easily to be fair, the semis and final i won with a REALLY weak team having to call up Bentley from the reserves due to so many injuries and Dempsey playing as the poacher.

Adebayor was KEY for my succes despite Bony scoring 19 in 27, Adebayor scored 50 in 42 with 9 assists i think.

xSOSE.png

XuZ0e.png

4xlqm.png

My main lineup.

cEgPi.jpg

Premier League won with quite a cushion.

n4kGL.png

My team in the Euro Cup final, really weak compared to my usual 11.

xmRTE.png

Fixtures & Results:

zhCBV.png

7QACZ.png

TAvym.png

UlOAX.png

Overall this was a really good Tactic great offensively as well as defensively

:)

What skin is this my friend and where can i download it from as i love the play att page??

After a few successful seasons with Vitesse ive decided to take the Inter job. Thought they would have a decent squad and transfer budget but its pretty pathetic tbh. A very average team that finished 11th in the previous season and absolutely no money, even had to sell the likes of Sneijder to buy.

As you can see here the squad is pretty weak.

View attachment 300199

That said this tactic is working well for them:

View attachment 300200View attachment 300201View attachment 300202View attachment 300203View attachment 300204

Also ive changed my teamtalks, see OP

Last edited:
Update halfway through my second season with Everton. First of all Kenwright is a penny pinching rat and gave me this sorry excuse of a transfer budget (you couldnt even get laid in a brass house with this!):

View attachment 300324

So... Thanks to letting Distin etc go I freed up a lot of wages and heres my transfers:

View attachment 300334

Season started a bit rocky, I was winning games but struggled to then I threw in Mattia Destro as the poacher instead of Jelavic and he just annihilated every team he came up against... Then he got injured for 3 months -.-

Results:

View attachment 300337View attachment 300338

As you can see I got snotted in 4 games, this was due to the HUGE injury crisis I had.

League Table:

View attachment 300342

Current Team and Stats:

View attachment 300343View attachment 300344

Overall this tactic is amazing, I have conceded some stupid goals that make me wanna punch the team but that's probably the ME being **** this year. I'll post the end of season stuff for you as soon as I can, any questions fire away =]

I just won 1-2 against Arsenal as Man Utd at my 3rd season but what to do to protect the result if you're being constantly attacked? They had 4 CCC's, 19/10 shots and 1 woodwork while i had no CCC and 8/3 shots.

Villa-van Persie
Mata-Nainggolan-Honda-Gotze
Bocchetti-Jones-Papadopoulos-Rafael

Subs: Varane>DR on 45, Kagawa>MR on 45, Fletcher>MCL on 87

Many thanks JP - fantastic tactics.

Been using this with Boreham Wood from the Npower League 2 (after 3 or 4 games with 4-3-2-1) following promotion from the Blue Square Premier. Finished 2nd in Npower League 2 and am now top of NPower League 1 at mid-season.

Prior to that I was using flat 4, 3 centre mid, 2 attacking mid wingers and 1 forward and this got me from the Blue Square South to Npower league 2. I always loan the best possible 4 or 5 players long term and add around 6-8 3 month loans throughout the season to cover/plug my tiny 15 man odd squad. I also scower the best free transfers (John Bostock, Ruben Lameiras, Bradden Inman, Conor Coady, Alexandr Geyrinth, etc) extensively each season so I tend to think I end up with a small but relatively strong squad. This and selling them at profit one or two seasons later is necessary to keep the costs down, balance sheet positive and standard of players up season after season. I also think rotation and squad harmony are massive in FM13.

I think I will need to change my approach should I reach the Championship as good enough free transfers might be more difficult to acquire (more scowering I guess!) but will be sticking with this solid formation for a while. I will try to post some screens if I can stop zerging through the season.

Last edited:
I just won 1-2 against Arsenal as Man Utd at my 3rd season but what to do to protect the result if you're being constantly attacked? They had 4 CCC's, 19/10 shots and 1 woodwork while i had no CCC and 8/3 shots.

Villa-van Persie
Mata-Nainggolan-Honda-Gotze
Bocchetti-Jones-Papadopoulos-Rafael

Subs: Varane>DR on 45, Kagawa>MR on 45, Fletcher>MCL on 87

Nothing like I said in the opening post. Thats one game and you still won. Most important stat is the final score.

Status
Not open for further replies.