Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks JP - fantastic tactics.

Been using this with Boreham Wood from the Npower League 2 (after 3 or 4 games with 4-3-2-1) following promotion from the Blue Square Premier. Finished 2nd in Npower League 2 and am now top of NPower League 1 at mid-season.

Prior to that I was using flat 4, 3 centre mid, 2 attacking mid wingers and 1 forward and this got me from the Blue Square South to Npower league 2. I always loan the best possible 4 or 5 players long term and add around 6-8 3 month loans throughout the season to cover/plug my tiny 15 man odd squad. I also scower the best free transfers (John Bostock, Ruben Lameiras, Bradden Inman, Conor Coady, Alexandr Geyrinth, etc) extensively each season so I tend to think I end up with a small but relatively strong squad. This and selling them at profit one or two seasons later is necessary to keep the costs down, balance sheet positive and standard of players up season after season. I also think rotation and squad harmony are massive in FM13.

I think I will need to change my approach should I reach the Championship as good enough free transfers might be more difficult to acquire (more scowering I guess!) but will be sticking with this solid formation for a while. I will try to post some screens if I can stop zerging through the season.

Glad you're enjoying the tactics. Dont be in such a hurry to change if you're promoted. Sometimes you give yourself a better chance attacking teams rather than sitting back and getting beat. Look forward to some screenshots if you get time.

It doesn't work.

I use Malaga.

This is what happens. My two wings, LM and RM can barely pass the ball, and they 'walk' forwards instead of running!!! most of the time they pass it back to DL or DR. And my two forwards, especially the CF starts his run from the midfield, and shot ridiculously outside of the box.

Players seem really hesitate when they have the ball. My two good dribblers forget the way to pass around his opposite.....

Please help!!!!

I use Malaga.

This is what happens. My two wings, LM and RM can barely pass the ball, and they 'walk' forwards instead of running!!! most of the time they pass it back to DL or DR. And my two forwards, especially the CF starts his run from the midfield, and shot ridiculously outside of the box.

Players seem really hesitate when they have the ball. My two good dribblers forget the way to pass around his opposite.....

Please help!!!!
Well judging by the feedback ive had and my own experience with the tactic it clearly does work. Doesn't work for you maybe. How long have you been using it? Have you changed anything? Are you following my instructions from the opening post?

Well judging by the feedback ive had and my own experience with the tactic it clearly does work. Doesn't work for you maybe. How long have you been using it? Have you changed anything? Are you following my instructions from the opening post?

My pitch size is normal and I ask *** manager to do the opposite instructions(as I always did). It seems a really slow attacking formation where it's always my CF or Poacher has to face all the defenders in position and I guess that's why they chose to shoot from miles away. I think my two wings completely don't know how to assist....

My pitch size is normal and I ask *** manager to do the opposite instructions(as I always did). It seems a really slow attacking formation where it's always my CF or Poacher has to face all the defenders in position and I guess that's why they chose to shoot from miles away. I think my two wings completely don't know how to assist....

Do not use opposition instructions! they don't work and will only stop your team playing the way they're supposed to. As for the long shots its a match engine bug.

Now I have no right to say it works or not as Isco is in serious injury for 4 month before he plays one match; Saviola is just injured 3 month; Baptista, injured for 3 month since I open my squad;. I only got Juanmi with stamina '9' and Santa Cruz who I abandoned from the very beginning. but yeah, I'll try to discard the opposition instructions.

Do not use opposition instructions! they don't work and will only stop your team playing the way they're supposed to. As for the long shots its a match engine bug.

Now it's even worse...... I neglect the opposition instruction and my opponent is giving me barely a sniff....my players, no matter who has the ball, is to run to the center, and then shoot far far away with such a accuracy to the opposite goalkeeper's hands....

How do I improve....

Interesting, I think I have my assistant manager doing opposition instructions. You think this should be turned off?

Edit: Maybe he/this is the reason every once in a while I get spanked! lol
Edit again: Quick google shows maybe the assistant is doing nothing due to lack of tactical prowess (due to lower leagues). I will turn this off I think.

Last edited:
Thanks JP i downloaded your tactic and used it with Wigan, first 9 games won in a row beating city and chelsea finished first season 5th. Your tactic is amazing i found both strikers scoring and now ramis is worth 8 mil. So again thank you for your tactic.

using it with toulouse, so far played 4 games with it..won 3 - lost 1
the loss was away to psg 2-1 after goin 1-0 up, so far so good m8

Just a quick question mate, this tacic seems to be dropping off and I cant pick up a win from anywhere at the moment, is there anything you can suggest to stop this?

I think this is the best tactic at this forum.I won everything as Legia (Poland) , everything as MU (it is not so hard) , and at the moment I have 4 sezon with Rangers I am 16 points over Celtic , so I made promotion every sezon.In every sezon i scored more then 100 gols , in second league even 122 I only had 4 draws over first 3 sezons.

My question , why this tactic do not have 5 stars like other much weaker?

JP, WOW.
Fantastic tactic playing with Sociedad finished 10th in my 1st season using a different tactic, same squad with Ighalo the only purchase. 1st in La Liga P15 W11 D4 L0. Beaten Barca 2-1 and Real 2-0 loving this tactic. 1st game i've actually enjoyed on this years FM.View attachment 300892

Just a quick question mate, this tacic seems to be dropping off and I cant pick up a win from anywhere at the moment, is there anything you can suggest to stop this?

Drop how? You getting beat every week?

Well ill tell you what its not, the AI dont get used to tactics so its not that. Could be morale, sometimes team get down because of results dip or they dont like you and it is hard to get out of. Try building morale by building them up even when playing bad or have a team meeting. Could also be a dip in squad harmony caused by transfers in and out, that just needs time and patience.

I think this is the best tactic at this forum.I won everything as Legia (Poland) , everything as MU (it is not so hard) , and at the moment I have 4 sezon with Rangers I am 16 points over Celtic , so I made promotion every sezon.In every sezon i scored more then 100 gols , in second league even 122 I only had 4 draws over first 3 sezons.

My question , why this tactic do not have 5 stars like other much weaker?

Im not really bothered about how many stars the tactic has as long as it works for the people who use it. Some people just negative vote because they simply don't like you.

JP, WOW.
Fantastic tactic playing with Sociedad finished 10th in my 1st season using a different tactic, same squad with Ighalo the only purchase. 1st in La Liga P15 W11 D4 L0. Beaten Barca 2-1 and Real 2-0 loving this tactic. 1st game i've actually enjoyed on this years FM.View attachment 300892

Glad you're enjoying, impressive stuff.

Last edited:
JP, What do u suggest to do when you go down to 10 men? take off poacher or CF? Or something different??

I know its not the AI adapting, although a lot of people believe that. I think its just a bad run of form but every season it seems to happen, dont want to drop like a stone down the table lets put it that way haha

I know its not the AI adapting, although a lot of people believe that. I think its just a bad run of form but every season it seems to happen, dont want to drop like a stone down the table lets put it that way haha

Do you buy and sell many players at the start of every season?

Status
Not open for further replies.