Just Another Manager Story... WITH A TWIST!

Just read this from the start, amazing story and an awesome idea! Good luck in the prem!

View attachment 410776
Wrexham's first six Premier League games:

I can only really say I am happy with this, 3 home games that look like they all could be won, and only Spurs and Southampton look like really established sides so far.

I am not going into it blind though, I understand we could potentially lose all 6 games, this is a step up, and a big one at that!

View attachment 410767
View attachment 410765

Elliot Bennett has joined Hull. During his 3 year spell at the club, he struggled to break into the first team, although he has always been a player I have liked in the squad as he hasnt kicked and screamed and has accepted the fact he's been behind Nani in the pecking order. We at Wrexham wish him the best!

View attachment 410755

Andres Cornelius was a signing made by suggestion, but he just never cut it out in the first team. In his 2 year spell at the club he only managed 8 games and although he managed 3 goals in them 8 it just wasnt a patch on what we had at the club already!

He never improved in training while the likes of Costa and Lewandowski were, it was hard for him to get a game so I had to let him go.

FRIENDLY:

View attachment 410719

I arranged this friendly with Liverpool so i could see where the squad was at in terms of looking forward for the season.

Playing a club as big as Liverpool was the perfect idea of where we are at, and we well and truly bossed the match.

MOTM:

View attachment 410715

Rafinha - He showed great skill and pace for this level while notching up two quality assists too!

Next up is Zenit!

View attachment 410698
View attachment 410697

There is a reason behind this, after a mixed start to his Wrexham career Sneijder was one of our best men for the first two seasons hands down. Once we got into League 1 his form dramatically dropped, so did his fitness. I had to avoid playing him and play the younger lads.

We wish Wesley the best, the main reason he had to leave is because of the arrivals coming in his position, watch this space...

So to start off, what an amazing double transfer from Manchester United.

Adnan Januzaj who is one of the worlds most up and coming players, and then the experienced, hairless, Wayne Rooney.

I put a massive bid in for Januzaj hoping for the best and in fairness it might not pay off, but to pay under a million for Rooney is unbelievable. Yet again he had handed in a transfer request.

Here is my second friendly with Zenit, the season is getting closer!

View attachment 410666

View attachment 410663
3 games, 3 wins in the friendlies.

All against good opposition too! Liverpool, Zenit and Monaco are all much bigger reputation clubs than us, but we did it!

Hopefully we can take this form into the first game of the season against Birmingham!

Januzaj has hit the ground running and already looks like a quality signing, lets hope it carries on!

PLAYER OF PRE SEASON:

View attachment 410662

Has to be Antoine Griezmann, he's put in some solid displays and looks like a future Cristiano Ronaldo! Let's hope I'm right!

View attachment 410658

What a start! A huge 4-1 win at home over Birmingham which sent us top of the league for the time being. Even if it's only for one game, at least it can be said, and over the next few seasons i will be looking to make that spot Wrexham's permanently!

A hat trick for Diego Costa to show everyone how good he really is! But the crazy statistic of the game for me was Griezmann had 4 assists!

Here are the rest of Saturdays games:

View attachment 410657
Is this something you would like to see me do? Or is it best if I only show my own score?

I do think this is a good way for people to follow who is scoring and see the changes in teams though, so it's a way I would rather keep it to be honest!

As you can see most of the big guns won today apart from Arsenal who love an opening day slip up!

Here are Sundays games:

View attachment 410656

The "not so Super Sunday" it seems. With both home teams picking up wins!

And the last one of the weekend - Monday Night Football.

View attachment 410655
Massive shock as Swansea sink Liverpool to a 3-0 defeat which puts them bottom after the first game of the season!

View attachment 410654

After the first game of the season we managed to have 3 of our lads in the team of the week!

Diego Costa - 3 goals
Antoine Griezmann - 4 assists
Mamadou Sakho - Being a beast

The best possible start i could have wished for in the Premier League!

View attachment 410652
Can not believe this match at all. We bossed it! I was so impressed with the team, away to Spurs and the game was in our hands.

Their first attack - 1-0, we managed to keep pressing and score again through Diego Costa and kept the pressure on all the way until their second goal! Bony scored two crackers against the run of play.

And yet another late goal went past us, I'm looking into it!

As for the rest of Saturdays games:

View attachment 410651

Another draw for Arsenal. This time against Reading, you can already see that they are starting to miss Wenger since his retirement last year!

Super Sunday included Liverpool vs United:

View attachment 410650

Although it did not live up to expectations, at least there was a red card at the end to spice things up! And there was no Monday night football this weekend!

So at the end of August in the Premier League, here is the table:

View attachment 410649

I always have trouble uploading anything past 18th position, but hopefully i wont be down there so it wont cause much of a problem!

Even though it's only 2 games in, I'm happy ending August in 6th place! I'm aiming for a mid table/top half finish this season so this is a solid start for us!

View attachment 410648

I really thought it was going to be one of them games!

Luckily for us we managed to sneak two scrappy goals in so we could stay in the competition, but we could have easily gone out if Coventry just held on!

Not impressed with the team that i put out, they did not perform!