Knap FM16.3 442 Midsomer Tactics

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 144K
Sub a fwd and move other fwd to middle position

Hey Knap,

I am using an algorithm to manage my squad and select my starting eleven.

Because every squad has versatile players than can play in two or three positions.

I would like to ask how would you rank the importance of positions in your tactic from most important to least.

I thought something like:

1) Wide midfielders
2) False nines
3) wing backs
4) BWM
5) CM
6) DC

That way, if my best player is versatile to play in all 6 spots, I will pick him as Wide midfielder.

I hope what I ask makes sense.

Cheers

Apart from GK, DC is the only position that I always try to use a DC even then in LL I have to use say a FB. F9s are also very hard to find in LL and tend to use AML/R ST as they have pace.

Not sure why you need an algorithm as I use quick pick and then rotate.

However to answer question

GK
DC
WB
CM/BWM
WM
F9

F9 being the least important or the most important player in what makes the tactic *click* ?

For example Zeca:

View attachment 162040

can play as WBR, BWM, CM, Wide M

and he is going to be my best player no matter which position i am going to put him in.

so if BWM is the most important role of the tactic, i will want to put him there
if WBR is the most important role of the tactic, i will want to put him there

understand?

F9 least but you still need a good striker. The WBs probably make tactic tick.

For example Zeca:View attachment 1040316can play as WBR, BWM, CM, Wide Mand he is going to be my best player no matter which position i am going to put him in.so if BWM is the most important role of the tactic, i will want to put him thereif WBR is the most important role of the tactic, i will want to put him thereunderstand?
Name of skin, pls!

Apart from GK, DC is the only position that I always try to use a DC even then in LL I have to use say a FB. F9s are also very hard to find in LL and tend to use AML/R ST as they have pace.

Not sure why you need an algorithm as I use quick pick and then rotate.

However to answer question

GK
DC
WB
CM/BWM
WM
F9

Forgive me if I annoy you.

To make sure if I save my money for one big transfer. That should be either a GK or a DC according to what you wrote.

Those positions are not as interchangeable as others. I can play a CM at WM or a DC at WB or AMR/L as a ST. With transfers you are looking at a balanced squad in all positions and improvements to all positions.

I tend to use this screen to see the holes to fill - so better backup GK and RB or an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this tactic but it's defensively very weak for me. I've conceded 43 goals in 23 games playing as Southampton... Scored 49 and still in 6th but taken a few hammerings! Mainly conceding from balls over the top

Yes,I've been trying to play him for couple games as AF,but tbh don't think that change drastically his goal scoring frequency if you know what I mean :)

What tweaks did you make?Was thinking about some tweaks too,especially in defence line,because I'm pretty sure that can be improved a bit.In tests best defending results had TFF Wrath v5 I think-maybe if we could mix it up with Knaps tactic we can achieve something even better than this tac,with all respect to Knap obviously :)

Against teams like Arsenal you can drop to deep, however for PnP you need to take a view on best overall D/line setting.

Hey Knap i use your Midsomer tactics, my Tottenham save i win the CL in my second season, but my third season, we don't score a lot, i think we need to score more. My strikers are Lukaku, Kane, G. Barbosa and a 184 pa regen. Lukaku and Kane are beasts but sometimes they score goals more than 2, but sometimes they don't score. I think we need a little striker tweak. what do you think? and sometimes we concede a goal easily. My team have 30 shoots and we score 1 but other team have 7 shouts, they score 2 or 3. I think i have a little defensive tweak. My defenders are Dier, Süle, Alderweild and Mammana.

My firts 11; Lloris(dragowski), danny rose(jorge), dier, alderweild, kylw walker(passlack), bwm renato sanches(dembele), dele alli(bentaleb), c. erikssen(l.sane), kevin volland(zivkovic), lukaku and kane.

Hopefully won PL 1st season with Spurs.

Not sure Lukaka is that suitable gor F9 or most consistent.

I do have a tactic with a different Fwd set up just not got round to releasing, so you could try this.

Yeah i win PL first and socnd season with Spurs. I cracked the PL, i won the league in front of least ten points second team. First season i win PL, FA cup and League Cup then i win the Community Shield, second season i win PL, FA cup and CL, then i win the Community Shield but third season my team sucks. I don't score a lot and i concede a lot. I usually draw and i'm boring this sitiation. Please you share this tactic for me and my midfielders don't consistent bwm and cm, they are consistent roaming playmaker or bbm midfielder roles. Zivkovic is a beast mr but he don't consistent mr, i always want to play amr :)

Asymmetric tactic (102pts 1sr season Spurs) or stargazing if looking for AMR, but I try not to use playmaker roles. I will have to find the other 442.