Laffles 4-2-4. League Title 5 games to go!! 151 Goals-20 Conceded

1.What playing style do manchester united usually adopt? As in what options for passing style, creative freedom, closing down, tackling, marking, crossing and roaming?

2.Also can someone please explain how roaming works, also wouldn't a rigid philosophy just cancel out the roaming?

3. In terms or Man uniteds defenders do they adapt a stopper/cover partnership?

4. I guess seeing as im united counter attack should be ticked, but what should i have for width, tempo, defensive line and focus passing?

I was going to set out like this:

4-2-4 Starting philosophy Attack/ Overload (control against big teams)

Passing: Direct
Creative Freedom: Default
Closing down: Stand off more
Tackling: Default
Marking: Zonal
Crossing: Default
Roaming: Default

Please if someone could offer help!

Why are you asking for tactic advice on a thread for a tactic?

---------- Post added 29/04/2011 at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 28/04/2011 at 11:05 AM ----------

Any Feedback?

I just thought seeing as your managing united you could help me out..:./

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Hey laffles, before i begin to make my own tactic. I have decided to give your 4-2-4 tactic another try with chelsea as a test. The tactic is still working for you right, you havent come across any problems?

I just thought seeing as your managing united you could help me out..:./

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Hey laffles, before i begin to make my own tactic. I have decided to give your 4-2-4 tactic another try with chelsea as a test. The tactic is still working for you right, you havent come across any problems?

Still working perfectly. Play Torres on the right. He'll score you so many its untrue.

Works like a charm for the first season, I almost qualified for the Champions League with little old Everton in my first season with this tactic, only for the AI to suss it, beating me 6 games on the bonce at the back end of the season. I finished 5th. Poor form continued into next season and I got sacked despite signing Lukaku, Douglas Costa, Fetfatzidis etc.

In summary: another good tactic till the AI gets used to it and turns it to *****

the defence just doesnt work for me:/ attacking looks promising, but my defenders just...how to say..do not defend? CBs fine, but fullbacks suck..and i have good ones..any advice??

I'm playing season one with Crystal Palace - i've tried Il Devasto a few times but the defence in it seriously ****** me off. Do you think this is worth a try sir? I like the wide attacking play of Dev but I want to sit deeper and counter attack more....

I've got well fast forwards and a fairly decent team made out of free transfers, with a few wonderkids waiting in the wings...

Works like a charm for the first season, I almost qualified for the Champions League with little old Everton in my first season with this tactic, only for the AI to suss it, beating me 6 games on the bonce at the back end of the season. I finished 5th. Poor form continued into next season and I got sacked despite signing Lukaku, Douglas Costa, Fetfatzidis etc.

In summary: another good tactic till the AI gets used to it and turns it to *****

Its a myth the AI learns tactics. They will respond to your reputation/pitch size/weather etc.
Maybe your team lacks confidence, always seems to be the killer with this seeing as its a fairly 'High Flair' tactic (Fast, Attacking, Pretty)

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

the defence just doesnt work for me:/ attacking looks promising, but my defenders just...how to say..do not defend? CBs fine, but fullbacks suck..and i have good ones..any advice??

The Fullbacks aren't there to be particularly defensive.

Maybe Change there tackling to hard, always works for me in any system with bad fullbacks.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

I'm playing season one with Crystal Palace - i've tried Il Devasto a few times but the defence in it seriously ****** me off. Do you think this is worth a try sir? I like the wide attacking play of Dev but I want to sit deeper and counter attack more....

I've got well fast forwards and a fairly decent team made out of free transfers, with a few wonderkids waiting in the wings...

This plays wider than Devasto and the backline is set up for Counter Attacking. Lots of goals scored on the break.

Fast Forwards Dominate as per usual.

where did ya buy German Pereira from?? i cant seem to find him....

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

where did you buy German Pereira from?? i cant seem to find him....

where did ya buy German Pereira from?? i cant seem to find him....

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

where did you buy German Pereira from?? i cant seem to find him....

Regen....

Very good counter-attacking tactic. Find i'm scoring plenty of goals (Newcastle EPL) and right up to the 90th minute, we look like creating chances. But obviously, the better the players you have, the better the tactic will become.

Very good counter-attacking tactic. Find i'm scoring plenty of goals (Newcastle EPL) and right up to the 90th minute, we look like creating chances. But obviously, the better the players you have, the better the tactic will become.

Its not entirely counter-attacking, but a good few goals do come from that.

This is very good Feedback, thanks :D

Right well i'm gonna give it a season with Palace - i'll let you know how I get on

You actually gave me an Idea, Ive now created a version of this DEVOTED to counter-attacking. I just beat Hoffenheim (Im Bayern) 11-0 with it :D

Hmm, looks interesting! Any progress on this little "gem" so far?

Hmm, looks interesting! Any progress on this little "gem" so far?

Yeah, Its done but largely untested. Got bored of the Bayern Game.
Also Converted/Improved it by creating a TC version, which is destroying utterly everything so far.

Happy Times ;)

how do you play robben - in the bayern game? any advanced setting for him?

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

You actually gave me an Idea, Ive now created a version of this DEVOTED to counter-attacking. I just beat Hoffenheim (Im Bayern) 11-0 with it :D

How do you play robben? any advanced setting for him?

how do you play robben - in the bayern game? any advanced setting for him?

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

How do you play robben? any advanced setting for him?

Same as in the DL tactic...