Laffles 4-2-4. League Title 5 games to go!! 151 Goals-20 Conceded

• Thread starter Thread starter laffles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 313
  • Views Views 151K
FOR YOUR NEW TACTIC LAFFLES the same for oi ? and pitch size ?

what team talsk do you use ? can you give me brief pls ? and what about match preparation thnks mate

FOR YOUR NEW TACTIC LAFFLES the same for oi ? and pitch size ?

what team talsk do you use ? can you give me brief pls ? and what about match preparation thnks mate

Same as before, as its the same tactic just put into TC.

Big Team Home- Expect Win
Big Team Away- You can win This
Small Team Home- Expect Win
Small Team Away- Expect Win

Winning at Half time- Encourage
Losing/Drawing at Half time- Disapointed

What do you recommend for Match Prep? I'm currently using Attacking Movement with spurs but still uncertain due to the fact that opponents are creating a few CCC's. Btw it's a great tactic, and I've only used 5 games or so.

Edit: I'm on about your new TC version.

Last edited:
What do you recommend for Match Prep? I'm currently using Attacking Movement with spurs but still uncertain due to the fact that opponents are creating a few CCC's. Btw it's a great tactic, and I've only used 5 games or so.

Edit: I'm on about your new TC version.

Its up to you, If you feel its not sound at the back use Defensive Positioning etc..

screen shots laffles. Results and squad line up if its not too much trouble

laffles my friend if morale is low waht team talks do you use all my players s morale is very poor why ? how cna i change it ?

laffles my friend if morale is low waht team talks do you use all my players s morale is very poor why ? how cna i change it ?

Not that I'm called laffles but, try 'for the fans' against teams you can beat or tight matches, 'no pressure' against better teams, drop players with poor and very poor to the reserves (option available for reserve matches) to get morale up. Many say that 'I expect a win' is a big no no but laffles swears by it. Mind you he has managed top teams and complacency has been the problem (correct me if I'm wrong laffles)

I always try to avoid playing players with morale okay or under in the spine of the team. Goalie - DC's - MC's - FC's (if possible) regardless of how good they are.

Not that I'm called laffles but, try 'for the fans' against teams you can beat or tight matches, 'no pressure' against better teams, drop players with poor and very poor to the reserves (option available for reserve matches) to get morale up. Many say that 'I expect a win' is a big no no but laffles swears by it. Mind you he has managed top teams and complacency has been the problem (correct me if I'm wrong laffles)

I always try to avoid playing players with morale okay or under in the spine of the team. Goalie - DC's - MC's - FC's (if possible) regardless of how good they are.

I've managed Lots of teams :P

I tend to say Expect a Win even though its highly controversial but It always works for me. I even used it when I was Blackpool against Man utd and won, so yeah.

To get Morale up use the PRIVATE CHAT option and tell them that you expect better from them (Key Players) and you should see Morale improve after a few wins.

Another good one is Derby Matches, Do the Press conference and You'll get a question about if the players understand how much this means to the fans, answer with the most positive answer then use For The Fans in Team Talk. Works Wonders

:)

I've managed Lots of teams :P

I tend to say Expect a Win even though its highly controversial but It always works for me. I even used it when I was Blackpool against Man utd and won, so yeah.

To get Morale up use the PRIVATE CHAT option and tell them that you expect better from them (Key Players) and you should see Morale improve after a few wins.

Another good one is Derby Matches, Do the Press conference and You'll get a question about if the players understand how much this means to the fans, answer with the most positive answer then use For The Fans in Team Talk. Works Wonders

:)

I stand corrected, my apologies |)

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

About the shout, exploit the middle. I don't see any great things happening to be honest. Here is a list of games and the score is what happened after 60 mins. Final result in brackets

Chelsea (Away) 0-2 (3-3)
Fulham (Home) 2-0 (4-1)
Blackburn (Away) 1-0 (1-0)
QPR (Home) 2-0 (3-0)
Bolton (Home) 1-2 (1-3)
Spurs (Away) 0-0 (1-1)

Or maybe I was waiting for too much of a "and the crowd stood up" effect ?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Oh yes I tried no 'exploit the middle' shout in the last 2 games

Fulham (Home) 0-0 (3-0)
Aston V (Home) 1-0 (3-0)

OK Update

I'm with my Boro in my 6th season. Tried various downloaded tactics (because after many attempts came to the conclusion I'm **** at making tactics in FM 11). Played 6 games at the end of the season with your tactic W3 D2 L1 15-11.

This season looks good. I had only wingers in my side so I changed your Adv Playmakers to wingers att.

Results
View attachment 169268

Squad
View attachment 169269View attachment 169267

OK Update

I'm with my Boro in my 6th season. Tried various downloaded tactics (because after many attempts came to the conclusion I'm **** at making tactics in FM 11). Played 6 games at the end of the season with your tactic W3 D2 L1 15-11.

This season looks good. I had only wingers in my side so I changed your Adv Playmakers to wingers att.

Results
View attachment 169268

Squad
View attachment 169269View attachment 169267

Its plug and play, no point in changing the roles as they are so tweaked its unreal.

The Shout has been useful for me, hence why I put it up. Just look for a weakness, e.g they get a player sent off or are playing a slightly weaker midfield etc. Use the Shouts to capitalise.

Last edited:
Its plug and play, no point in changing the roles as they are so tweaked its unreal.

The Shout has been useful for me, hence why I put it up. Just look for a weakness, e.g they get a player sent off or are playing a slightly weaker midfield etc. Use the Shouts to capitalise.

Ok I'll change it back to your original settings. In your OP you just said use 'exploit the middle', not look for weaknesses and therefore I expected a wonder shout, which in my case it wasn't. This isn't criticism just a feedback.
Don't take offense (or a gate haha).
After changing took on Man C at home, 0-1 after 7 mins, 'get stuck in', HT 1-1, we can win this FT 2-1. Get in there !

Hence why I think the TC version is better, gives all the goalscoring of the Original yet gives a greater match control ;)

Laffles,

I'm going to give your 'Upgraded TC' version a try now...

I note that the wingers are set to 'cut inside' in their wide play - so are left footed right wingers and vice verse advised in the wing positions?

Any other positional tips, or attribute recommendations for positions would be appreciated!

Mike

How many goals to the wingers get?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Just a Quick qustion do you also strugle against 4-2-3-1 formations? They Seam
To give mé the hardest time... ???

Defence sometimes just decides not to turn up, I was leading 2-0 at spurs and got thrashed 4-2:'(

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

3 defeats in row now....I got carried away when we went second. Still only 16 games played and I'm 6th.

How many goals to the wingers get?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Just a Quick qustion do you also strugle against 4-2-3-1 formations? They Seam
To give mé the hardest time... ???

Wingers get 10-15+ a season goals and 20+ assists.

4-2-3-1 is a dominant AI formation. Its a sad fact..

Back