Laffles 4-2-4. League Title 5 games to go!! 151 Goals-20 Conceded

Well, i love explosive and counter-attacking football. Lovely to see teams fight to regain possession and explode into attacks, and i've been trying to convert this into tactics for FM11 - without any particular luck. I've won PL with Liverpool and Spurs, but with those squads you can win easily with default tactics too, so i don't use them as a measurement. If you want me to try your counter-attacking tactic, PM me here, and i'll give you my e-mail address to send it to. I can try it over a couple of seasons in the lower leagues - that's where good tacticts shine, and poor ones give you one in the face :)

that is one **** of a regen you have there matey :) tactic looks good as well :)

So far, this tactic is EXTREMELY dodgy in defense. Sometimes, the defense just opens up completely. I had a 9-1 defeat to Barcelona at the Camp Nou as Valencia.

But, the upside is, when the team get one slight sniff of the goal, the ball is buried in the net. Includes me beating Atletico Madrid 7-2 in Madrid, Arsenal 7-2 at the Emirates and beating Real Madrid like 5-1 and 4-2 in the Spanish Super Cup.

First season (sixth in-game season) using the tactic, I finished second (predicted 5th), 1 point behind Barcelona, scoring 146 goals in 38 games and conceding 47.

Team resembles

Goalkeeper - Rene Adler

Right back - Danny da Costa
Centre back - Dedryck Boyata
Centre back - Mateo Mussachio
Left back - Fabio Coentrao

Midfielder - Adrien/Miguel Veloso
Midfielder - Marek Hamsik

Left winger - Eden Hazard
Right winger - Alexis Sanchez

Striker - Vaclav Kadlec
Striker - Neymar

Its a great tactic. Going to give it a second season, tighten my defense a little bit and see if I can win the league title.

Noob here.
Just to say that i've been using this Tactic with Man City with awesome results. As the pic shows.
I started managing them half way through season 2011/2012, and started using this Tactic on season 2012/2013, and as you can see it works.
I've won every trophy, including 3 European Champions Cup, 4 FA cups, 3 European Super Cup, 2 Club World championship, 3 English Cups and 4 English Community Shields. Oh, and 1 npower championship with Bristol City.

View attachment 168697

Thanks dude.

Btw my main team is:

GK: Joe Hart (Epic)

Right back - César Azpilicueta
Centre back - David Luiz/Shawcross
Centre back - Simon Kjaer/Neven Subotic
Left back - Kolarov/Marcelo (current)

Midfielder - Wesley Sneijder (£40M)/Nasri (Free Transfer)
Midfielder - Miguel Veloso/

Left winger - Eden Hazard
Right winger - Ronaldo (£111M - worth every penny)

Striker - Tevez/Dzeko
Striker - Adebayor/Luis Suarez

Last edited:
any chance of a tc version of the tactic , as im used to the non classic view.

Thanks

what about oi ? team talks ? match preparation ? pitch size ? doeis it wroks for a small team ? who are fighting for relegation ?

I don't think it will work well for a small team. This is a very attacking tactic, and you'll need extremely good defenders and a great gk otherwise you will concede lots of goals.

I don't know why but I can't get results. Opposition team dominates the match with number of shoots and I can't get even a point against big teams. I let you see my squad as well:

FC Millwall in 2012:

(GK) Fabio, David Forde

(DR) Tyrone Mears, Kevin Dunne
(DL) Jose Enrique, Tony Craig
(DCR) Roger Johnson, German Re
(DCL) Dellafiore, Paul Robinson

(MCL) Steven Davis, Arouca
(MCR) Nick Montgomery, Manuel Coppola

(AML) Maicosuel
(AMR) Dentinho, Ilsinho

(STL) Gaston Fernandez, Jose Sand
(STR) Alberto Bueno, Jelle Vossen

I don't know why but I can't get results. Opposition team dominates the match with number of shoots and I can't get even a point against big teams. I let you see my squad as well:

FC Millwall in 2012:

(GK) Fabio, David Forde

(DR) Tyrone Mears, Kevin Dunne
(DL) Jose Enrique, Tony Craig
(DCR) Roger Johnson, German Re
(DCL) Dellafiore, Paul Robinson

(MCL) Steven Davis, Arouca
(MCR) Nick Montgomery, Manuel Coppola

(AML) Maicosuel
(AMR) Dentinho, Ilsinho

(STL) Gaston Fernandez, Jose Sand
(STR) Alberto Bueno, Jelle Vossen

Please Post some results. Its not a domination tactic, so possession/shots are not in any interest of mine. With every team i've used I get 3+ccc's a game usually 6-7. Thats what matters, Currently using my TC version with spurs and I've scored 76 goals in 20 games.....

ah great, you have a new tactic! Definitely going to try this out, especially if you say it is better.

Do you use any other shouts apart from Exploit the middle at 60 mins?...i dont really like using them you see

ah great, you have a new tactic! Definitely going to try this out, especially if you say it is better.

Do you use any other shouts apart from Exploit the middle at 60 mins?...i dont really like using them you see

If you see a weakness, exploit it with a shout

laffles

Do you think you could make a 4-5-1 tactic that scores alot of goals like this one?

Steve

Ill give it a go, why not.

Reason I ask, is because i'm managing Lyon and there team is really set up for a 4-5-1.

Giving the new TC tactic a go, and results have been good so far.

Steve

laffles why waiting for the 60the minute to exploit middle ? why you cant do it before ?

you got a formulae for scoring loads of goals on attacking corners??

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

anyone optmised attacking corners ?

laffles why waiting for the 60the minute to exploit middle ? why you cant do it before ?

Because the Opposition tend to get used to your width after 60 or so minutes, Sending your team through the middle confuses the AI.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

thanks, will the tactic under perform if you dont apply shouts?

Nope, same as the Other..

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Nope, I just leave it default.....