Leading Truro City to the Premier League

Truro City

View attachment 59871

June 2023

I complete my Continental A Licence

View attachment 59870

And immediately go onto the Pro Licence, it wasnt that long ago my board couldnt afford £600 to pay for my next coaching badge but now we can just drop 6k like nothing

View attachment 59869

I literally said to the Media that i did not want the Job with Leicester in the Premier League and they are trying to make out like i was lying!

View attachment 59868

Centre back Jack Elliot agrees to staying on loan for next season

View attachment 59867

Some big teams come down into the league including Sheff Utd and Fulham whilst Plymouth our closest rivals come back up into the league with us

View attachment 59866

Well its good that the club are investing in our Youth Facilities but it literally has taken all of our surplus money 650k! Our bank balance has just halved in money we have now

View attachment 59865

Our sponsorship has double since last year but is still only at 40k in comparison to the average league 1 club having around 625k coming in!

View attachment 59864

We continue to rise in the reputation rankings with Liverpool on top

View attachment 59863

Come on board! Show some ambition! They think we are going to have to fight bravely against relegation and go out of both cups in the first round! Come on we were 12th last season and got to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup, I have some decent loans and transfers in the pipeline to, im hoping for a go at the Playoffs

View attachment 59862

Our average attendance is finally above 2000! Most of the teams we faced in the National League had more fans coming to the games than that but at least we are moving in the right direction,

View attachment 59861

We face fellow League 1 side Colchester in the Carabao Cup

View attachment 59860

Truro City
View attachment 59859
July 2023

We let a lot of players go come the end of their contracts, most of my players only sign 2 year contracts as players go from being key players to fringe players within a year or two based on the clubs progress the likes of Cooke, Clinton and Battle have been key players for us in the past

View attachment 59858

I bring Adam Kelly on loan for the season from Tottenham and he looks pretty awesome for his age

View attachment 59857

Centre Back Kelly is our best defender by a mile now

View attachment 59856

Keeper Whiteman is set to miss the first 3 months of the season so i will look to bring someone else in as reserve keeper Cull wants to leave

View attachment 59855

We finally get our man! Adeniran was on loan for us once upon a time but refused to come back, refused a transfer and refused to join us in the summer, but after a month of nobody coming in for him after he was released by Everton he reluctantly joined us

View attachment 59854

Fulham's Jack Slater joins on loan for the season, hes more to fill out our ranks rather than a first teamer, with playing a 3 man forward line i like to have 6 strikers to choose from so i can change the whole frontline at any point

View attachment 59853

Keeper Watson joins from Ebbsfleet for just a small fee as cover with Whiteman out injured

View attachment 59852

Watson was brought in as cover but is considered the best goalkeeper we have

View attachment 59851

Another Everton player joins our ranks again on loan, he will feel right at home,

View attachment 59849

Just to show how i have finally been able to utilise the loan market our whole back 3 is made up of on loan players including two from Premier League clubs

View attachment 59848

With the Watson deal i broke our record for biggest transfer as we spend 14k

View attachment 59847

Truro City

View attachment 59820

August 2023

I brought in one ok keeper but then found an even better one for less than 30k,

View attachment 59819

Pears looks a decent keeper and was a one time Middlesbrough youth prospect

View attachment 59818

Abrahams to miss the start of the season

View attachment 59817

Checkatrade trophy group draw looks relatively easy but the Bristol Rovers game looks a tough one we lost to them last season in this competition

View attachment 59816

Our now 4th choice keeper Cull moves on for a nominal fee

View attachment 59815

Jordan Copp the Wing Back whos played the most games for us since i took charge over 6 years ago decided he wanted to leave so i let him go on a free transfer

View attachment 59814

The starting 11 for the new season is vastly improved with not only 5 new loan players into the side, with 4 new players in the side, Adeniran back for his second spell and 2 players whos loan deals were renewed meaning our side has a whole new look to it and im getting excited for the new season after a decent pre-season

View attachment 59813

Two of our loan defenders are considered our key players for the season so hopefully they will shore up our defence, i am generally peeved that the Media supposedly think we are going to come bottom its a bit stupid to be honest, we did well last season finishing mid table and having a good cup run and have only improved the squad we are clearly not going to finish bottom this year

View attachment 59812

League 1
Truro 3 - 0 Cardiff

View attachment 59811

What a way to lay down a marker for the season ahead, Cardiff were in the Premier League at one point whereas we are now the ones heading towards the Promise land, an awesome victory to start the season with all 3 goals scored inside the opening 30 minutes

84 new season ticket holders for the upcoming season

View attachment 59810

Callum Rose leaves on a free transfer

View attachment 59809

Carabao Cup 1st rnd
Truro 3 - 1 Colchester

View attachment 59808

A fine way to start our Cup campaign with all 4 goals coming in the second half, we really took our chances well with only 4 shots on target equalling 3 goals

A big blow as Bobby Duncan is out for the next 6 week

View attachment 59807

We bring in another striker on loan for the rest of the season as cover for our first team

View attachment 59806

We face Brighton in the next round who are still in the Premier League

View attachment 59805

League 1
Walsall 0 - 4 Truro

View attachment 59804

Another fine performance in the league with Kendall netting a brace in an awesome away performance

League 1
Truro 3 - 1 Sheff Wed

View attachment 59803

This has really shown how far the club has come wins against first Cardiff and now Sheff Wed have shown we will be playing at the top end of the table this season with Roberts this time netting a brace showing how spread out our goals our in the team

Carabao Cup 2nd Rnd
Truro 1 - 2 Brighton

View attachment 59802

We took the Premier League side all the way to extra time after a late equalizer but they won it thanks to a penalty but it was yet another fine display

Adeniran is the next key player to pick up an injury

View attachment 59801

All the biggest deals in the league were teams moving players out of the league, the biggest spenders were Cardiff spending more money in the transfer window than we have ever even had in our bank balance so it was all the sweeter to beat them at the start of the season

View attachment 59800

Matt Roberts already has 4 goals and 3 assists in his first 5 games of the new season

View attachment 59799

Its only very early days but top of the table and the only team with a 100% record in the league so far shows how far we have come and my prediction off going for the Playoffs was not far off

View attachment 59798

Truro City

View attachment 59788

September 2023

I didnt win a single managers award last season but this season i win the first one going!

View attachment 59787

I love the tweets based on my award ranging from Whenever i find myself in trouble i think What would Chris Tonkin do to being dubbed the Over-rated One!

View attachment 59786

League 1
Bristol Rovers 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 59785

We drop our first points of the season against Bristol Rovers our near local rivals, but it wasnt the worse result in the world as we netted twice in injury time to go from 2-0 down to 2-2

Checkatrade Trophy Group L
Truro 3 - 1 Bristol Rovers

View attachment 59783

Thats more like it! We comfortably beat Bristol Rovers just a few days later in the cup

Former Youth intake prospect Sheppard joins Salford for a small fee

View attachment 59782

League 1
Burton 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 59781

After the draw in the previous game we dont perform any better this time round in the league as Burton easily dispatch of our unbeaten start to the season with 2 goals in the first 10 minutes

6 Match League Unbeaten run that dates back to the previous season is over

View attachment 59780

League 1
Truro 3 - 1 Grimsby

View attachment 59779

Back on track with a decent win, we were losing going into half time but Duncan netted soon after the break before Fearnley netted a quick brace of penalties to seal all 3 points

League 1
Coventry 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 59778

We come from behind again but this time only manage to ****** a draw, Garrett tried his hardest to ruin that picking up two yellow cards near the end of the match to get sent off

League 1
Truro 4 - 3 Wycombe

View attachment 59777

A back and forth game, this used to be a Truro special but luckily we dont do this as often anymore, we were 2-0 up before they came back into the game then it was 3-3 before Duncan popped up with the late winnner

Fearnley has had an awesome season so far with the highest average rating in the squad

View attachment 59776

Well its the South West sides pulling up trees in League 1 With us and Plymouth top of the pile with 17 points already this season, very unexpected as both sides are suppose to be fighting for relegation

View attachment 59775

Truro City

View attachment 59731

October 2023

Abrahams injured again

View attachment 59730

League 1
Exeter 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 59729

I thought Yearwood had won it for us with a 90th minute goal but they netted even later to grab a point off us

League 1
Truro 4 - 0 Morecambe

View attachment 59728

Kendall smashes in a fine Hattrick here whilst they had a man sent off early on in the match we were already 3-0 up by this point, Morecambe are the only team in the league with a worser Attendance than us

Yeovil 0 - 3 Truro

View attachment 59727

2 wins from 2 in the Cup with Duncan netting a brace in this tie, all but sewing up qualification for the next round

League 1
Fulham 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 59726

Quite a decent display away from home against Fulham who have only just come down from the Championship, we were ahead at one point but the draw was about the fair outcome

League 1
Truro 3 - 3 MK Dons

View attachment 59725

Yet another draw and yet again we come from behind after they took an early lead but after being 3-1 up we really should have seen out the match

We get Hartlepool in the FA Cup 1st rnd who are 2 leagues below us

View attachment 59724

League 1
Mansfield 1 - 3 Truro

View attachment 59723

Thats more like it as we take our chances with 3 goals from 4 shots on target, we got our third goal late on after they had a player sent off

Slater out for 4 weeks

View attachment 59722

League 1
Truro 3 - 1 Southend

View attachment 59721

It was 1-1 at half time but Bobby Duncan turned it up a gear in the second half netting a brace to seal another good win

Kendall out for 3 weeks

View attachment 59720

Its a shame Kendall has picked up that injury as he has been in fine form winning the Player of the Month award after 6 goals from 6 games

View attachment 59719

In second place in the league but Plymouth have continued their ridiculous start to the season with 10 wins and only 1 defeat in their opening 14 games, remember they only came up into this league this season,

View attachment 59718

Truro City

View attachment 59585

November 2023

League 1
Sheff Utd 1 - 0 Truro

View attachment 59584

They were a class above us today and it doesnt help that Roberts is struggling in front of goal having not scored for over 14 hours of football

View attachment 59583

9 Match Unbeaten run is ended thanks to the Sheff Utd defeat

View attachment 59582

FA Cup 1st Rnd
Truro 4 - 2 Hartlepool

View attachment 59581

Parsons nets a brace as he gets his chance to shine in the cup and shows what hes all about as we easily dispatch of lower league Hartlepool

Bobby Duncan picks up another niggling injury

View attachment 59580

Truro 4 - 3 Birmingham Under 23's

View attachment 59579

Another win in the Cup we had it all wrapped up by half time with all 4 of our goals coming before the break as we seal top spot in our group

They had a 35 year old Troy Deeney net twice for them

View attachment 59578

Top of the table as we beat out the current holders of the Trophy into second place

View attachment 59577

We face Leicester Under 23's in the next round

View attachment 59576

League 1
Truro 5 - 0 Bradford

View attachment 59575

We get back on track in the league smashing 5 goals past Bradford with loan players Parsons and Slater putting in decent performances but Kendall outshone them both

We face Forest Green in the FA Cup 2nd rnd another lower league draw

View attachment 59574

League 1
Luton 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 59573

The highs and lows of football management in two games their as we go from a 5-0 win to an unfortunate 2-1 loss

League 1
Truro 4 - 0 Scunthorpe

View attachment 59572

And then the highs again as we smash 4 past Scunthorpe and Roberts even comes off the bench to score and end his 15 match goal drought

View attachment 59571

Can you believe we almost lost Kendall on a free transfer he has been awesome in recent weeks with 15 goals already this season

View attachment 59570

Plymouth are storming the league 6 points clear of us in second place looking like they are going for back to back Promotions, we are 3 points clear of 3rd place and only 15 points off my original 50 point target for not getting relegated

View attachment 59569

Great to follow and good to see progress is still continuing!
Thanks for the like and comment mate, dont know what has happened to the thread recently but not much likes or comments for a while whilst a lot of other similar threads get them, i would love some constructive criticism to whats wrong with the story, to be honest i dont get much time to play fm and even less to update the thread but im enjoying the save so will continue to update even if i dont get much of a response

I'm still reading too, just haven't got into the habit of liking everything I read. Pretty sure this is the only non league to Premier League story with the same team on here and those kind of saves are my favourite to play and to read.

Enjoying the save is more important than views and likes etc for me anyway, would hate to force myself to post updates for a save I wasn't enjoying so as long as it's still fun to play I wouldn't change anything.

I'm still reading too, just haven't got into the habit of liking everything I read. Pretty sure this is the only non league to Premier League story with the same team on here and those kind of saves are my favourite to play and to read.

Enjoying the save is more important than views and likes etc for me anyway, would hate to force myself to post updates for a save I wasn't enjoying so as long as it's still fun to play I wouldn't change anything.
Thanks mate im enjoying the save so will definitely continue, seems like at the moment theirs a lot of scottish saves thanks to your awesome story and a lot of lower league journeymen saves thanks to Derbyjack but a lot of them do have the same sort of level of detail so wasnt sure, im mainly focusing on the views at the moment that i gain thanks for reading going to get a couple of updates up later

Truro City

View attachment 59290

December 2023

Hanley out til the start of the New Year

View attachment 59289

League 1
Portsmouth 0 - 5 Truro

View attachment 59288

How things can change in football, it doesnt feel like that long ago Portsmouth were in the Premier League whilst Truro were in the 10th tier of English football at the same time now we are here smashing 5 goals past them away from home

Another defender picks up a knock

View attachment 59287

I sign a 1 year contract extension and get a very slight payrise

View attachment 59286

FA Cup 2nd rnd
Forest Green 1 - 4 Truro

View attachment 59285

Another comfortable win against lower league opposition but i did expect it as i played the first team again as we really need the money from our cup runs

We face Yeovil in the 3rd rnd in a very favourable draw for us as we face another lower league side

View attachment 59284

Checkatrade Trophy South 2nd rnd
Truro 4 - 1 Leicester Under 23's

View attachment 59283

Another fine cup display as we easily beat Leicester youth side which included former Newcastle flop Thauvin

In the next round we face Bristol Rovers the team that came second in our group in this Cup and the current holders of the Competition

View attachment 59282

Bristol Rovers are one of those teams we always seem to face over the years, they beat us the first 5 times but we have started to turn the tide in recent matches

View attachment 59281

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Colchester

View attachment 59280

Kendall and Duncan net for us in another fine performance, how different could our season have been if Kendall had refused that new deal at the end of the season last year like he originally did?

League 1
Cardiff 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 59279

A tough few days coming up as we have 3 games in a week, this was a good way to start it with Parsons coming off the bench to net a late equalizer

League 1
Truro 3 - 3 Plymouth

View attachment 59278

We just about stay in the hunt for the Title with Kendall netting a Hattrick in a back and forth game against suprise league leaders and local rivals Plymouth Argyle

League 1
Swindon 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 59275

Not the way i wanted to end the year with 3 straight draws, the first two i was fine with as they are teams up and around us but Swindon are looking at relegation and we had to have two late goals to come from behind and just about ****** a point

Kendall wins Player of the Month after 6 goals in 5 games

View attachment 59276

We were relegation favourites at the start of the season so being in second place halfway through the season i should be happy but it could be even better if we hadnt had drawn with lowly Swindon, 4 points off Plymouth now equal on points Luton and the Sheffield clubs are not far behind

View attachment 59275

Truro City

View attachment 59144

January 2024

League 1
Stevenage 1 - 5 Truro

View attachment 59142

Stevenage came up the same time as us a couple of seasons ago but only the one team has pushed on from that as we destroy them to start the New Year in style with Kendall and Parsons both netting a brace

Philliskirk joins Salford for a nominal fee 3 years after joining us on a free transfer, hes getting past it now and way down the list for first choice strikers

View attachment 59137

League 1
Truro 2 - 1 Walsall

View attachment 59136

A come from behind win with Kendall and Parsons netting the goals for us as our fine start to the new year continues

We are currently in the midst of an 8 match unbeaten run in the league

View attachment 59134

League 1
Sheff Wed 0 - 2 Truro

View attachment 59133

Parsons and Kendall that double act cannot stop scoring, this was a far more impressive performance though as we easily beat a team who are just behind us in the league away from home

We bring in former Leicester and England midfielder Danny Drinkwater on a free transfer

View attachment 59131

FA Cup 3rd Rnd
Truro 4 - 2 Yeovil

View attachment 59130

We were 2-0 up and flying before they came roaring back into the tie, our subs changed the direction of the game though and we ran out 4-2 winners in the end

I bring in a backup striker Arnor Borg Gudjohnsen will look to fill the role Philliskirk left he has played on loan for a lot of clubs in Iceland but was actually owned by Swansea for 4 years

View attachment 59128

We face mid table Championship side Barnsley in the 4th rnd of the FA Cup, a hard match but considering most of the other sides left are Premier League teams a decent fixture for us

View attachment 59127

Checkatrade Trophy 3rd rnd South
Bristol Rovers 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 59125

A poor result as we go out of the Trophy thanks to arch rivals Bristol Rovers, we had the better of them earlier in the season but must have been tired after the FA Cup match and got knocked out here with a wimper

League 1
Truro 0 - 0 Bristol Rovers

View attachment 59120

We face Rovers again this time in the league just a few days after they knocked us out of the cup, i thought we would be out looking for revenge but it was a drab affair and ended a bore draw

Bobby Duncan is half the player he was last season with a lot of niggling injuries and is now on an 8 match goal drought

View attachment 59119

Former Number 1 Whiteman joins Charlton for a small fee after tumbling down the pecking order

View attachment 59118

We will get 140k from TV rights thanks to our FA cup tie against Barnsley

View attachment 59115

Pybus agrees to terminate his contract, he never really got to show what he was about after that bad year long injury he suffered near the start of his Truro career and after that he never made it back near the first team

View attachment 59114

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Burton

View attachment 59113

Another bad draw, after our exploits in the FA Cup we have looked poor in the last few matches

League 1
Grimsby 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 59112

After not winning in 3 matches we finally get back on track with a very lucky win against a poor side with Kendall getting the only goal of the game late on

Adeniran has been awesome this month, hes obviously got worried about Drinkwater coming in as he and Fearnley have played their socks off in recent weeks

View attachment 59111

Well we thought we had been playing poorly! Plymouth have imploded! They were top of the table with a decent points gap to second a few weeks ago now they are not even in the Automatic Promotion places whilst Luton have snuck up from out of nowhere and gone top of the league

View attachment 59110

Just read through the story, some incredible progress you've made with Truro. Just have to find some more glory hunting fans to help the finances

Just read through the story, some incredible progress you've made with Truro. Just have to find some more glory hunting fans to help the finances
Thanks mate, yes the attendance is the main thing we are struggling with now always at the bottom of every league for average attendance and i need the sponsorship deals to catch up with our progress. thanks for reading

Truro City

View attachment 58905

February 2024

Both Sheffield clubs make some serious moves in the transfer window but Sheff Wed spend the most and buy the most new players with 9 to try and give their Promotion push a shot in the arm and thats all thanks to Bristol City spending nearly £10Million on a Sheff Wed regen

View attachment 58904

After seeing that mega money spent on a regen for League 1 i thought i would have a look at the three Highest valued players right now in FM

Number 1 is Raphael Varane at a whopping £95Million quite strange you might think being a defender and now 30 years old but thats because Monaco paid £160Million for him last season!

View attachment 58903View attachment 58902

Number 2 is another French player in the French league but is much more likely to be up their in Kylian Mbappe hes continued to bang them in for PSG and France and is valued at £77Million

View attachment 58901View attachment 58900

Marco Asensio is in 3rd place just £1Million behind Mbappe on £76Million, hes currently at Man City having joined them from Real Madrid for £65Million a couple of seasons ago

View attachment 58896View attachment 58895

FA Cup 4th rnd
Truro 2 - 1 Barnsley

View attachment 58894

What a result against Championship Barnsley! We had the better chances but they took the lead with 15 minutes to go but we turned the game on its head late on with Slater coming off the bench and netting along with partner in crime Kendall

We face relegation threatened Brighton in the next round of the FA Cup

View attachment 58893

League 1
Truro 2 - 1 Coventry

View attachment 58892

Abrahams gets a rare start and an even rarer goal before they equalize around an hour in, new signing Gudjohnsen netted a late winner to repay that free transfer

League 1
Wycombe 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58891

Back to back 2-1 wins as we come from behind to win late on not for the first time in recent weeks

Duncan ends his goal drought! Him and Slater have been in poor form since Christmas

View attachment 58890

League 1
Truro 1 - 1 Exeter

View attachment 58889

After all those wins this was a terrible result against one of our near rivals, Kendall had a miserable game missing a penalty before they netted a late equalizer

FA Cup 5th rnd
Brighton 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58888

The FA Cup run is over and all we have to focus on now in the league is trying to get Promoted! It was not meant to be as on loan defender Hanley netted two own goals in a torrid performance

League 1
Morecambe 0 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58887

Kendall puts his recent poor performances in the league behind him with a double here to seal all 3 points

We are the Top scorers in the league and undefeated for 16 league matches spanning back to 2023

View attachment 58886

I win Manager of the Month after 3 wins from 4

View attachment 58885

Matt Roberts is my player of the month hes not scored many recently but has got an assist in each of the last 4 games

View attachment 58884

My league table screenshot is not uploading but we are in second place we are only just above both Sheffield clubs whilst Luton have started to pull away although my players did get their bonuses for avoiding relegation

View attachment 58883

Decent run in the cup I bet that did no harm to the finances... now time to get promotion!

I really enjoy this story. I've made an account just to start commenting on the stories that I am enjoying. Good luck with the promotion push.

That's a great unbeaten record you've got going there, hopefully this is the season you go up!