Leading Truro City to the Premier League

I really enjoy this story. I've made an account just to start commenting on the stories that I am enjoying. Good luck with the promotion push.

That's a great unbeaten record you've got going there, hopefully this is the season you go up!
Thanks very much for following the story guys, hoping to get some updates out over the next few days had a busy few days at work, only got 10 games left to play of this season and im not far off my original aim of Premier League football Although i think the Championship will be the hardest league yet to get through if we do get promoted this season

Truro City

View attachment 58734

March 2024

League 1
Truro 1 - 2 Fulham

View attachment 58733

Heartbreak at the death in this game! This was a massively important game for our race for the top spot and we let it go in injury time as they netted in 3 minutes!

Our best player from the Youth Intake is a striker called Giannis Kotsovos

View attachment 58732

League 1
MK Dons 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 58731

Our form has gone downhill at the worse possible time! Another game we were winning and then let slip right near the end of the match, our players must be getting tired i just hope we dont fall away from the Promotion places

League 1
Truro 1 - 3 Mansfield

View attachment 58730

Well this is just getting ridiculous! This time it wasnt even last minute goals as we were well beaten by a team struggling in the relegation zone

League 1
Southend 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58729

A draw this time round, after our 16 game unbeaten run ended we cant catch a break now! Southend our pushing for the playoffs themselves but we were 2-0 up here and should have seen out the win

League 1
Bradford 0 - 3 Truro

View attachment 58728

A tweak to the tactics and Drinkwater being brought into the side and we finally we a game! It was to bottom of the league Bradford but a wins a win to get back on track

Gudjohnsen has finally hit some good form after an indifferent first few games, him and Drinkwater bringing that freshness to the side could make the difference to our Promotion push now

View attachment 58727

2 points off the Automatic Promotion places now and all the way down in 4th! We have literally been in the Top 2 for nearly the entire season but now when it matters we have fallen away!!! ******

View attachment 58726

Truro City

View attachment 58677

April 2024

League 1
Scunthorpe 1 - 0 Truro

View attachment 58676

This was a truly heartbreaking result! We were all over them one of the worst teams in the league but they managed to nick a very late winner after i was angry enough at the fact we were going to have to settle for a draw.

League 1
Truro 3 - 1 Sheff Wed

View attachment 58675

Its finally our turn to get some last minute goals! Gudjohnsen nets a brace late on as we finally get a win and its against one of our Promotion rivals but it looks likely to be too little too late in the terms of winning the Title

Defender Kenny set to miss the last few weeks of the season

View attachment 58674

Oh ******! Top Scorer Kendall set to miss the rest of the season and at such a crucial time!

View attachment 58673

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Portsmouth

View attachment 58672

Parsons netted early on getting a start thanks to Kendalls injury before Roberts came off the bench for the second the tweak in tactics seems to have worked well with 2 wins from 2

Junior Stanislas still playing now down at this level at the age of 34

View attachment 58671

Parsons adds to our injury concerns

View attachment 58670

League 1
Truro 1 - 0 Luton

View attachment 58669

Fearnley puts in a man of the match display as he scores the only goal late on in a massive result as we beat top of the table Luton

And with that win we guarantee ourselves a place in at least the playoffs

View attachment 58668

The Title run in shows we play a couple of sides around us and two mid table teams but Luton have the easiest run in facing no one in the top 10 and 3 teams battling relegation

View attachment 58667

Truro City

View attachment 58391

April 2024 - Part 2

League 1
Colchester 0 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58390

The revival continues with another fine away performance but the injuries also keep on coming with Gudjohnsen out for 3 months with a nasty injury

View attachment 58389

League 1
Truro 2 - 0 Swindon

View attachment 58388

Bobby Duncan gets a brace in a game where we were all over them! I also noticed that in the transfer gossip in real life on Sky Sports News App this morning Bobby Duncan is a Liverpool target from Man City Youth academy and his cousin is Steven Gerrard!

Tom Edwards is always doing a shift on the right wing and has been with us for 3 seasons now playing nearly every game but more recently he has added assists to his game with 15 this season at Wing Back

View attachment 58387

Is it too little too late? We have come back into the Title race with a few good wins in a row but that dip in form could well cost us an Automatic Promotion place that has been looked nearly guaranteed all season

View attachment 58386

Truro City

View attachment 58351

May 2024 - Part 1

League 1
Plymouth 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58347

A huge win against local rivals Plymouth Argyle and they are just below us in the league but it didnt stop the fact that it is now mathematically impossible for us to win the League

View attachment 58346

So despite winning 4 league games in a row its looking like we need a miracle in the final game to avoid the Playoffs

View attachment 58345

See 5th v 6th Fulham put 6 past Sheff Utd!

League 1
Truro 2 - 2 Stevenage

View attachment 58344

They net a 92nd minute equalizer to dash any hopes we had of Automatic promotion but results didnt go our way anyway so a win in our final game would have made no difference,

Sheff Wed are the surprise winners of the league though having spent literally no time on top of the table this season

View attachment 58343

So we have to face Southend in the first part of the Playoffs a team we finished 17 points ahead of at the end of the normal season

View attachment 58342

So up next is the League 1 Playoffs something we shouldnt have been in but now have to try and navigate on the way to the Championship . . . . Hopefully

Truro City

View attachment 58276

May 2024 - Playoffs

We face Southend in the League 1 Semi Final Playoffs

View attachment 58275

Southend have the better overall head to head record but we have had a draw and win in our games this season

View attachment 58274

League 1 Playoff Semi Final leg 1
Southend 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 58273

We come from behind late on in this match and that Slater late winner could be the difference for heading into the 2nd leg with 2 away goals

League 1 Playoff Semi Final Leg 2
Truro 1 - 0 Southend

View attachment 58272

Duncan scores the only goal of the game with around 20 minutes to go to seal the tie and the win on the night

Its a big Cornwall V Devon Rival Match to decide who gets Promoted to the Championship

View attachment 58271

Plymouth have a better Head to Head against us but most of their wins came when we were playing them in friendlies early on in the save, this season it has been a win and a draw for us

View attachment 58270

******! Bobby Duncan set to miss the Playoff Final

View attachment 58269

Despite missing our two best strikers and two key defenders with Elliot not allowed to play against his parent club we are still considered the favourites

View attachment 58268

League 1 Playoff Final
Truro 3 - 2 Plymouth

View attachment 58267

They were 2-0 up around an hour in and i thought that our hopes of playing in the Championship next season were all over before i just thought i will make 3 subs and throw everything at them! And boy did it work! 3 goals in 4 minutes saw us completely turn the game on its head

Truro Win Promotion to the Championship

View attachment 58266

I think that's the greatest possible scenario to win a playoff final... 2-0 down against your rivals and come back to win it 3-2, couldn't wish for anything more!

I think that's the greatest possible scenario to win a playoff final... 2-0 down against your rivals and come back to win it 3-2, couldn't wish for anything more!
It was incredible stuff, i was raging when we were 2-0 down thinking im going to have to spend a whole extra season in league 1 before those crazy few minutes

Truro City

View attachment 58033

May 2024 - End of Season

Finishing 3rd in League 1 is a new record High for the club

View attachment 58032

I Win Manager of the Year for my Playoff Heroics despite the fact i should have sown up Automatic Promotion with games to spare

View attachment 58031

4 Players in the League 1 Team of the Year - Kendall and 3 Defenders, it shows how far my defence has come from the highscoring wins and defeats to having 3 defenders in the Team of the Year

View attachment 58030

Midfielder Matthew Fearnley and defender Jack Elliot join our Best Eleven Ever

View attachment 58029

Despite leaving the club last season Jordan Copp is still the all time appearance maker since i took charge whilst Charlie Kendall is our best Goalscorer with 131 Goals in just over 200 games

View attachment 58028

It shows how quickly our team moves on season by season that in my Best Eleven Ever only 2 of the Starting 11 are still with us

Kendall Wins Fans Player of the season, Adeniran Signing of the Season whilst Slater is Young Player of the Season

View attachment 58027

Our Attendance is finally very slowly on the rise with our Stadium at least over half full on average now, we used the least amount of players this season in the league with just 21 whilst the graph shows how long we spent in the top two for most of the season before falling away near the end

View attachment 58026

So thats another season over and we are on to the Championship, we have now been Promoted 4 times as we start the 8th season with Truro, getting from the Championship to the Premier League my aim when i started this save looks to be the toughest yet, building up the finances improving our Stadium and Facilities is going to be key over the next few seasons so we build a club that can survive the Championship

Truro City

View attachment 58023

June 2024

Pears sets a new clean Sheet record with 18 in a season - A far cry from when our record was around 5

View attachment 58022

4 Promotions in 7 Seasons but Only the Two Trophies, we have only won the League Once, twice making it through the Playoffs and coming second in League 2

View attachment 58018

7 Seasons in and i finally complete the last of my Coaching Badges

View attachment 58017

I renew 5 of our Loan Players Loan deals for another season with Jack Elliot the only one not staying with us from our squad last season,

View attachment 58016View attachment 58015View attachment 58014View attachment 58013View attachment 58012

Burnley, Brighton and Norwich are relegated from the Premier League and are most likely to go straight back up

View attachment 58011

Our Sponsors really need to catch up with our league standings now! Sheff Utd earn over £3Million compared to our 75k whilst the average sponsorship deals for League 1 was over 10 times ours

View attachment 58010

This will certainly help bring the club on

View attachment 58009

Our Season Expectations are to pretty much try to fight relegation in the Championship we have well over £1.5Million in the transfer budget but i dont like spending money on transfers so will be looking for free transfers again

View attachment 58008

Our Average Attendance rises by over 750 fans

View attachment 58007

Kendall sets a new average rating not any higher but for 3 more games than the previous record

View attachment 58006

We will face League 1 Oxford in the 1st rnd of the Carabao Cup

View attachment 58005

And finally 17 players leave the club with their contracts up, only 2 our first team players move on and they are both former youth intake prospects but as the club moved up the leagues they didnt

View attachment 58004

Amazing progress. Looking forward to seeing how big you can actually make the club as a whole!

Amazing progress. Looking forward to seeing how big you can actually make the club as a whole!

Excellent work mate, loving the journey so far!
Thanks for following the saves guys, the likes and comments really make me want to continue the save when i have moments where im not so sure, we are about 3 months into the championship and really struggling, i didnt like the look of hardly any of the players available to sign so its not been the best few in game months but hoping to turn a corner soon

Truro City

View attachment 57946

July 2024

I sign a 2 year contract extension which will see me into my 10th year with the club if i manage to see it out

View attachment 57945

So the Danny Drinkwater signing never really worked out, he came in on a free but was costing big wages and moaning a lot, in the end i manage to get rid of him to Fulham for 100k

View attachment 57944

Jordan Clarke is the first player to join our side this season, a free transfer from Scunthorpe who adds depth to our defence

View attachment 57943

We are Predicted to finish bottom of the Championship, i will be happy with 21st place, if we stay up this season it will be considered a success, Sheff Wed who came up with us are expected to make it to the top half of the table whilst all 3 clubs from the Premier League are expected to go straight back up

View attachment 57942

750k to be spent on new Training Facilities

View attachment 57941

650k to be spent on the Youth Facilities

View attachment 57940

Data Analysis Upgrade to for 100k

View attachment 57939

Everything is very basic with Truro at the moment, if we can get some stability in the Championship pulling in some decent money at this level we can really start to build the club up

View attachment 57938

A lot of friendlies, a few easy ones a few money spinning ties and a few normal ones to see our level, 6 wins, 2 draws and a couple of losses were not too bad a Pre-Season

View attachment 57937

Truro City

View attachment 57838

August 2024

Starting 11 and Tactic for the New Season

View attachment 57837

Championship
Truro 4 - 3 Preston

View attachment 57836

What a way to start the season! We went ahead 3 times in the first half with them hitting back almost immediately before Kendall's penalty in the second half sealing an amazing win to start the season

Finally the season ticket holders soar from last season with 300 extra fans coming into the club

View attachment 57835

Data Analysis Upgrade completed

View attachment 57833

Another big step forward for the club as they agree to buy our Stadium

View attachment 57832

Another squad player comes into the side called Toby Shaw who adds depth to our midfield and wing back area

View attachment 57831

Carabao Cup 1st Rnd
Truro 4 - 2 Oxford

View attachment 57830

Lower league Oxford take us to extra time but our quality shows as they start to tire with 2 goals late on to seal our progression

Bobby Duncan out for 5 weeks

View attachment 57823

We get a tough draw in the next round of the Carabao Cup as we face Premier League side Southampton

View attachment 57822

Championship
Rotherham 5 - 1 Truro

View attachment 57821

Ouch! Rotherham bring us crashing back down earth after 2 wins to start the season smashing 5 past us showing why we are relegation favourites

Championship
Truro 3 - 0 Nottm Forest

View attachment 57816

Kendall nets again with another penalty whilst Gudjohnsen scores to, our home form could be key this season

Championship
Luton 3 - 1 Truro
View attachment 57815

A really bad result against one of the teams that came up with us, this tie was a must win, not only did we go 2-0 down early on we had two important players go off injured

Adeniran out for 7 weeks

View attachment 57814

Garrett out for 5 months

View attachment 57813

Carabao Cup 2nd rnd
Southampton 3 - 0 Truro

View attachment 57812

Well beaten by the Premier League side and we can finally get back to focusing on the league til Christmas

We have a player who has been called up to an a proper International team

View attachment 57811

Championship
Hull 2 - 0 Truro

View attachment 57810

This is going to be a long season . . . . .

Parsons has had a good start to the season with 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games

View attachment 57809

Down in 18th place but 2 wins from our opening 5 i think is a pretty decent start

View attachment 57808