Leading Truro City to the Premier League

Tough start
Yeah i reckon i will be lucky to stay in the division, hoping to just build the club as a whole upgrade facilities and such and try to bring some money into the club by staying in the league, think the final Promotion will be the toughest

Love that a full international plays his football for Truro... only a few more seasons until most of the squad play for their country hopefully!

Truro City

View attachment 57736

September 2024

Started my Truro career in the Vanarama National League South 8 seasons and 400 games later we are playing in the Championship

View attachment 57735

The main moves in the Championship was the relegated teams losing their best players but the likes of Brighton pumped over £20Million straight back into the side

View attachment 57734

Brightons squad including £20Million man Oliver Burke

View attachment 57733

Their least most valued player in their first team squad is worth 5 times my best player

View attachment 57732

Championship
Truro 2 - 2 Reading

View attachment 57731

Gudjohnsen will most likely be the key to how we get on this season as he seems to be my only striker who has been able to move up the league level

210 Wins in my 400 games in charge of Truro

View attachment 57730

`Championship
Truro 4 - 0 Ipswich

View attachment 57716

Gudjohnsen again with a brace as we smash 4 past Ipswich in our best performance so far this season

Championship
Burnley 8 - 2 Truro

View attachment 57715

I would 8 - 2 be a Truro fan or Manager right now . . . . we follow our best performance of the season up with our worse, we are doing a Burnley right now good Home form shocking away form

Brereton smashed in a Hattrick against us and is touted to win the Golden Boot

View attachment 57714

Our wages come to around £2.4Million per annum whilst Burnley's is top with over £20Million spent on wages per year

View attachment 57713

The loss to Burnley is the worse ever since we lost to Whitehawk 8 years ago 6-1

View attachment 57712

Championship
Truro 4 - 2 Swansea

View attachment 57710

It was Slater you shone this time round, we are like a different team at Home

Wing back Edwards out for 6 weeks

View attachment 57711

Duncan out for 4 weeks

View attachment 57709

The fans came flocking to see us with that big win! 3 fans off reaching the 5,000 attendance mark!

View attachment 57708

Just saw a little stat that made me laugh, we have the best Home record in the Championship

View attachment 57707

And the second worse Away record in the Championship

View attachment 57706

Championship
Middlesbrough 5 - 2 Truro

View attachment 57705

We keep up appearances getting well beaten away from home letting in 5 goals

Even worse news Gudjohnsen out for 4 months

View attachment 57703

Gudjohnsen is 3rd in the Player of the Month Awards

View attachment 57700

Gudjohnsen was my Player of the month and will be sorely missed up until Christmas, i worry about our league status

View attachment 57702

Flying high in 15th and i wish the season ended tomorrow, as this is going to get tougher now with my best striker out for 4 months and several other players having small knocks

View attachment 57701

Truro City
View attachment 57677
October 2024

Championship
Truro 1 - 2 Barnsley

View attachment 57676

We lose a home game and its to Barnsley who are nothing special, they scored 2 goals in 3 second half mintutes to destroy our fine home form record

Another squad player joins the side with wing back looking thin thanks to injuries

View attachment 57675

Championship
Sunderland 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 57674

All the goals were in the second half in another poor match, the FM Sunderland are a much better team than the real life one right now but we shouldnt have been so easily beaten

Championship
Truro 1 - 1 Bolton

View attachment 57673

A real back and forth game where we should have scored a shed load of goals but we will have to stick with the 1-1 draw, at least it stopped the losing streak

Championship
Wigan 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 57672

To be honest a point away from home is a big result for us!

5 game Winless run but two draws in a row hopefully means we are turning a corner

View attachment 57671

A couple of experienced players in Burgess (DC) and Westwood (CM) join the club on free transfers to add a bit of quality to our thin bench

View attachment 57670View attachment 57669

Slater seems to be enjoying his football this month with a couple of good goals even if we are not having a good time

View attachment 57668

20th place just 1 point off the drop zone as we plummet 5 places after a winless month in the league

View attachment 57667

Last edited:
Truro City

View attachment 57333

November 2024

Championship
Sheff Wed 5 - 3 Truro

View attachment 57332

Bobby Duncan nets a Hattrick but we still lose heavily as they smash 5 past us, its never a good sign when you lose to both teams that came up with you from the league below, i always feel as if they are must have wins

With us struggling i have got rid of a striker and added a midfielder, im toying with the positions in midfield at the moment but at first thought i would go with their favourite positions

View attachment 57331

Another midfielder joins the side in the form of former Crystal Palace player Jordon Mutch

View attachment 57330

Championship
Brighton 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 57329

The new tactic saw a draw against one of the best sides in the division so not too bad a start

Parsons out for 3 weeks

View attachment 57328

Championship
Truro 0 - 0 QPR

View attachment 57323

Well the new tactic has stopped the losses but i was hoping for more than 2 draws this one a very boring 0-0

Kendall may have come a level too far now for us, 4 seasons with us tearing up League 2 and League 1 hes now struggling in the Championship

View attachment 57319

8 Match Winless run but im not getting too worried as 4 of those matches were draws

View attachment 57318

One of our former coaches left for Brighton so we bring in former Bolton Striker Le Fondre

View attachment 57317

Championship
Truro 2 - 0 Millwall

View attachment 57316

Truro Win a Game! Truro Win a ****** Game!!! Duncan and Adeniran our former Everton pair get the goals to seal 3 vital points

Championship
Norwich 4 - 0 Truro

View attachment 57315

And the away day form comes again with a shocking 4-0 loss to Norwich

Championship
Truro 3 - 0 Blackburn

View attachment 57314

Its a home game and we turn it on again! A comfortable 3-0 win and Kendall even smashed in a goal to break his goal drought, if we continue winning games at home i dont mind about getting thrashed away

Adeniran has been in fine form this month with some important goals and decent displays, hes been with us in 3 different leagues

View attachment 57313

Thanks to those 2 wins this month we manage to stay out of the bottom 3, we are 3 points off the last relegation place whilst Wigan already look dead and buried 6 points off safety already

View attachment 57312

Truro City

View attachment 56841

December 2024

Upgrade the data analysis facilities again

View attachment 56840

Truro Chairman is looking to move on,

View attachment 56839

Championship
Brentford 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 56838

They score right on the stroke of half time whilst we hit back right after the break, they have a man sent off very late on but it wasnt enough time for us to capitalise

Kendall out for 7 weeks at least Gudjohnsen is almost back from injury

View attachment 56837

We face Promotion chasing Championship side Brighton in the FA Cup 3rd rnd

View attachment 56835

This was not a good draw for us as he have never beaten Brighton

View attachment 56834

Championship
Truro 0 - 0 Leeds

View attachment 56833

Duncan out for 8 weeks a third striker currently out injured

View attachment 56832

Brilliant, thanks a lot Truro Chairman is supposedly in talks to sell the club just days before the transfer window opens meaning a transfer embargo

View attachment 56830

It says they will come in and wipe our debts but we have no debts! A small bank loan but thats it

View attachment 56829

Championship
Derby 2 - 0 Truro

View attachment 56828

Well beaten here with former Newcastle Prospect Rolando Aarons pulling the strings for Derby

Chairman wants an end to the takeover talks

View attachment 56826

Championship
Preston 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 56825

Maguire netted twice for them but we managed to turn it round late on in the game with Adeniran and Slater getting the goals to ****** a draw

Championship
Truro 4 - 2 Rotherham

View attachment 56824

3-0 up inside half an hour! What a way to end the year with Gudjohnsen looking brilliant and sharp after his bad injury

Gudjohnsen happy to be back

View attachment 56823

Adeniran in centre midfield always seems to get a goal

View attachment 56821

Over halfway through the season and if i finish 17th i will be very happy! We were suppose to be the worse side in the Championship so to be 6 points of the relegation zone im ecstatic

View attachment 56820

Staying up with the injuries you've had will surely be your greatest achievement yet!

Truro City

View attachment 56770

January 2025

As a bit of a novice of this years FM and not having last years i didnt know about the scouting packages so when i had a look into improving the club i decided to spend out and get the packages that cover the Premier League and down

View attachment 56766

Championship
Nottm Forest 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 56765

We begin 2025 how we ended the previous year with a fine win, and it was a another Gudjohnsen brace that sealed the 3 points

Truro Takeover Collapses

View attachment 56763

Transfer embargo lifted

View attachment 56762

FA Cup 3rd Rnd
Truro 0 - 0 Brighton

View attachment 56758

A bore draw, Brighton were all over us which was just about all we could have asked for

Hanley adds to our injury list

View attachment 56757

Im looking at bringing in a new striker as we have Kendall and Duncan coming back from injury and Slater and Parsons struggling in front of goal

View attachment 56756

Championship
Truro 0 - 1 Luton

View attachment 56755

Luton who came up the same time as us have been flying in the league and beat us again here with an early goal to end our mini unbeaten run

Luton go top of the Championship with that win

View attachment 56754

FA Cup 3rd rnd Replay
Brighton 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 56750

We pushed Brighton to extra time but they turned it up a gear in extra time and easily dispatched of our tired side

Championship
Reading 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 56749

We took the lead through ageing centre back Burgess but it didnt take long for our side to implode and they smashed 3 goals past us

I bring in Arsenal youth player Jordan Ross on loan for the rest of the season

View attachment 56748

Ross is a Striker and considered the best player at the club at 18 and worth the most money

View attachment 56747

Championship
Truro 0 - 3 Hull

View attachment 56746

Well Ross had an awful debut and we just fell away again in the second half, i wonder if with us only having a small squad we are struggling now with fitness and injuries as we seem to be conceding lots of sloppy goals

Westwood has barely got a look in since joining but his injury is still an annoyance

View attachment 56745

We are 4 places away from the last relegation place but just 3 points separate us from getting relegated and we are only going downhill at the moment

View attachment 56744

Truro City

View attachment 56649

February 2025

The Winter Transfer window sees Brighton spend big again

View attachment 56648

In the Premier League i noticed Tottenham sold a Full Back to PSG for £134Million!

View attachment 56647

Manuel Favier the £134Million player

View attachment 56646

Championship
Ipswich 3 - 2 Truro

View attachment 56645

Gudjohnsen nets another brace but he can never seem to score a Hattrick whilst Ipswich have a player who does as we just lose out

Championship
Truro 2 - 5 Burnley

View attachment 56644

Brereton puts us to the sword again smashing in a Hattrick

5 losses in a row but we have played some of the big teams in the league, in mid March we face 3 of the 4 teams currently beneath us and that little run could be key

View attachment 56643

6 Losses in a row a new Truro record

View attachment 56642

Championship
Swansea 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 56641

Another former Premier League side beat us too easily, we were actually ahead with Gudjohnsen the one bright light in our dismal season getting the opening goal but that was as good as it got

Championship
Truro 0 - 3 Middlesbrough

View attachment 56640

Yet another team that was in the Premier League not that long ago and our side can simply not cope with them

Doesnt help that Parsons and Duncan cant find the back of the net, i will definitely not be trying to renew either of their loan deals in the summer

View attachment 56639View attachment 56638

9 game Winless run breaks another record

View attachment 56637

Championship
Barnsley 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 56636

Truro Win Truro WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! They were all over us but we got the goals Gudjohnsen early on before they got one back, then Bobby Duncan stepped up to net what turned out to be the winner deep into first half injury time, this win was massive as Barnsley are literally just above us in the league

17 goals in 26 games shows how good Gudjohnsen has been, could we have been doing better in the league if he hadnt off missed 3 months out injured

View attachment 56635

That winless run has seen us flirt with the relegation zone but that win against Barnsley sees us 2 points clear of Wigan in the last relegation place with 12 games to go

View attachment 56634

Truro City

View attachment 56609

March 2025

Championship
Truro 1 - 1 Sunderland

View attachment 56608

Bobby Duncan scores a real poachers effort as we come from behind to sneak the draw and gain another crucial point

Championship
Truro 3 - 1 Wigan

View attachment 56607

Ross finally shows why we brought him in on loan with a couple of goals, he missed a penalty which would have secured his Hattrick but it didnt matter as we beat Wigan one of only a few teams beneath us in the league

Championship
Bolton 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 56606

Bobby Duncan scores again! After our torrid January and February things are looking brighter, we had some tough games earlier on in the year but facing 3 of the 4 teams beneath us in the league in the last 4 games see us win 3 matches and gain a massive 9 points

Wing back Garrett out for several weeks

View attachment 56605

Our best youth intake player is a centre back called Alan Borg

View attachment 56604

Championship
Truro 2 - 1 Sheff Wed

View attachment 56603

We come from behind with a huge win! I really didnt think we would get anything from this game but with our recent form against the lower teams we must have carried it on here with Roberts getting a very rare goal before Gudjohnsen netted a late winner

We go from a winless run to an Unbeaten run

View attachment 56602

Matt Roberts gets a first ever call up after that goal to the Republic of Ireland

View attachment 56601

Whilst Adeniran could get a cap for Nigeria

View attachment 56600

Championship
QPR 0 - 0 Truro

View attachment 56599

A bore draw and another point i will take that! Gudjohnsen had a ton of chances but just couldnt put any away

Just as i thought Duncan was not cut out for this level he has put in some awesome displays and some even more important goals

View attachment 56598

Shame he picks up an injury a few days later

View attachment 56597

Adeniran makes his Nigeria debut

View attachment 56596

I win the Championship Manager of the Month Award

View attachment 56595

Flying high in 18th place now but far more importantly a massive 8 points away from the relegation zone with just 7 games to go

View attachment 56594

Truro City

View attachment 56355

April 2025

Championship
Truro 2 - 2 Brighton

View attachment 56354

We went ahead twice in this match but they knocked us back back both times, this shows how far you can come with a tweak to a tactic and being in good form, I was disappointed that we only managed a draw against high spending Brighton

Championship
Millwall 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 56353

And we come back down to earth with a bang with Millwall putting 4 past us before half time, Roberts did continue his own good form though netting a second half brace from off the bench

Truro in Takeover Talks again

View attachment 56352

Championship
Truro 5 - 5 Norwich

View attachment 56351

What a back and forth game this was! 10 goals with us getting a very last minute equalizer after they went ahead with a few minutes left to go

Championship
Blackburn 0 - 0 Truro

View attachment 56350

We go from 10 goal mega match to a 0-0 bore draw within the space of a few days

Parsons hasnt scored in 24 Matches!

View attachment 56349

Championship
Truro 2 - 1 Brentford

View attachment 56348

Ross puts in a rare man of the match performance as we go 2-0 up inside 12 minutes, they get a late consolation but we hold on

We officially avoid relegation!

View attachment 56347

Matt Roberts has become a bit of a super sub, hes only started 3 matches whilst coming off the bench 21 times netting 6 goals and 6 assists in recent weeks

View attachment 56346

8 points clear of relegation zone with only 2 games to go! We can not finish any lower than 19th in the Championship now which in my eyes is a good season after we were suppose to be favourites for relegation, The biggest surprise has got to be Luton securing the promotion to the Premier League though!

View attachment 56345

View attachment 56344

awesome read, just caught up. looking forward to seeing your plans for next season. good luck

awesome read, just caught up. looking forward to seeing your plans for next season. good luck
Thanks mate, im hoping for next season with the scouting improving to get some better players in the squad, should be a big overhaul as i doubt i will be bringing any of the 6 loan players back for another season and hope to push for a mid table finish

Truro City

View attachment 56184

May 2025

Championship
Leeds 4 - 1 Truro

View attachment 56183

Well with Survival confirmed we must have gone on holiday early with mid table Leeds smashing 4 goals past us in a one sided affair

Takeover Number 2 collapses

View attachment 56182

Jordan Ross's loan deal ends 1 game early after he picks up a 1 Year injury!

View attachment 56181

Championship
Truro 2 - 2 Derby

View attachment 56180

Despite playing nearly the whole match with 10 men we went up 2-0 by half time thanks to a brace from Gudjohnsen and i really thought we would end the season with a win but they netted a couple of late goals to ****** a draw

We finish in 19th place with Blackburn, Wigan and Barnsley all getting relegated

View attachment 56179

I thought we had a good season by not getting relegated but fellow Promoted side from this season Luton only go and win the Championship! They were in League 2 5 seasons ago

View attachment 56178

Truro City

View attachment 55988
May 2025
End of Season

The Fans came out for the end of season match as we break our Attendance record by 4 fans, hitting just over 5000 fans at the match, 8 seasons ago we were not even getting 500

View attachment 55985

Adeniran and Dunne join the Truro Best Eleven Ever

View attachment 55984

Kendall is just 1 appearance off being my most used player and is already my Top Goalscorer whilst Roberts is closing in on 100 goals for us

View attachment 55983

Gudjohnsen wins 3 of the Major Awards including Young Player of the season despite being 24!

View attachment 55982

Nice to see the Stadium on average 75% full, aims for next season have to be a mid table finish and a better run in the cup

View attachment 55981

Gudjohnsen was injured the longest the season and our second best scorer Duncan had 7 injuries!

View attachment 55980

The 2017 Truro Team has now got 10 players retired from the 18 that made up the side

View attachment 55979

We complete the purchase of the stadium and with the fanbase growing the main aim now is to expand

View attachment 55978

Construction work has begun on training and youth facilities

View attachment 55977

The prize money coming in goes down from last season but the tv rights more than makes up for it

View attachment 55976

Who would have thought that Truro would be receiving lump sums of over £5Million! Not long ago i was chuffed if our bank balance was in the black

View attachment 55975

19th place finish in the Championship a record high

View attachment 55974

Wow, just about stayed up there! Where do you think you'll manage to finish next season? Will definitely start following this more closely :)

Wow, just about stayed up there! Where do you think you'll manage to finish next season? Will definitely start following this more closely :)
Thanks for reading, hoping for mid table next season, dont think we will be pushing for the playoffs for at least another season

Thanks for reading, hoping for mid table next season, dont think we will be pushing for the playoffs for at least another season
That'd make it a pretty fantastic season! How's your budget looking, couldn't seem to find it in your update?

That'd make it a pretty fantastic season! How's your budget looking, couldn't seem to find it in your update?
For next season its about £2Million with hardly any room to move in the wage budget but i usually bring in loan players and free transfers