Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

Limerick

View attachment 296984

August 2018

Champions League 3rd rnd Qualifiers V Dinamo

View attachment 296983View attachment 296982

It wasnt looking good as Dinamo raced into an early 2-0 lead before we really fought back, we had bit part player Gaffney to thank for getting us back on track scoring not long after coming on before new signing McGeady showed why i pay him the big wages with a very late equalizer.
It was an easier ride in the second leg as they scored a very early own goal before we dominated the game with better chances and got 2 late goals to seal the win.

Champions League Playoff Draw V Olympiakos

View attachment 296981

Champions League Playoff V Olympiakos

View attachment 296980View attachment 296979

Im not sure why it hasnt shown the goalscorers for us in the 1st leg 2-2 draw in Limerick but it was McGeady and Keogh who got 2 goals for us in the opening 30 minutes before Rubio got a brace for them to even the scores and give us a very tough second leg.
But it was all okay as we beat them 2-1 in the second leg with Keogh grabbing a brace and even more goals and records.

£7Million In Prize Money For Reaching The Champions League Group Stages

View attachment 296977

Balance Is Now Close To £20Million

View attachment 296976

Another crazy Champions League draw maybe even bigger than last years as we get some of the biggest European teams in the History of football with Benfica, Barcelona and Ajax coming to Limerick!

August Results

View attachment 296975

So we made the next round of the Senior Challenge Cup whilst we also won 2 league matches easily whilst yet again dropping points to main rivals Dundalk in a bore draw.

Keogh Breaks Most Man of the Matches Record

View attachment 296974

Limerick Unbeaten in 30!

View attachment 296973

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 296972

Oh dear! Dundalk are actually top by a point but we do have 3 games in hand on them and will have a couple of busy months with 10 league games remaining of the season.

Massive teams to bring to your stadium. I can't believe how you went from rags to riches. I mean, what a great signing in McGeady.
Good luck in the group stages. I hope you can get at least 2 wins this time!

brilliant read. you have literally had the best European teams from around the world drawn in your group. I reckon the barca game will be a sell out in limerick

Limerick

View attachment 296695

September 2018

Kevin Doyle Joins Up

View attachment 296694

League Cup Final V Dundalk

View attachment 296693

Yes we get a huge win over our main rivals and win another Cup with new signing Sami scoring in super duper extra injury time to win the Cup.

So in our first cup game in the group stages this season we played Barcelona at home and they put 7 goals past us but i didnt care as we got 3 goals back

View attachment 296691

Keogh Breaks Most Irish League Goals In A Season Record

View attachment 296690

September Results

View attachment 296689

Well the month didnt start well as we lost to Longford in the league before we beat Sligo Rovers in the cup who are a bit like fallen giants now as they cause us little concern compared to a few years back.
We then managed to beat Bohemians with a late goal before the Barcelona game and then won the League Cup Final.
We then struggled to a bore draw against Galway before getting back on track in the league with back to back wins with Keogh still on fire in the goalscoring department.

View attachment 296688

3 points clear with a game in hand but Dundalk have definitely closed in on us after a couple of matches were we have dropped point.​

Limerick

View attachment 296265

October 2018

All The Champions League Money Spent On Improving The Youth and Training Facilities

View attachment 296264View attachment 296263

October Results

View attachment 296262

So first off we managed a draw in Europe against Ajax but then got comfortably beat by Benfica later on in the month with McGeady scoring in both games.
We beat St Pat's in the Cup to make the Senior Challenge Cup Final were we will face Shamrock Rovers whilst we finished the league season well with 3 wins and 2 draws.

View attachment 296260

So Dundalk pushed us all the way as we won the league by just 4 points in the end and Dundalk obtained more points this season than we needed to win the league in the past 3 years to show how good they have been this year

Limerick Secure Treble

View attachment 296261

Limerick Break Most League Goals Scored In A Season Record

View attachment 296259

Gotta keep raking in that Champions League money and pumping into the facilities!! KIU man

Great story mate! You've brought Limerick so far so soon!

Gotta keep raking in that Champions League money and pumping into the facilities!! KIU man
Thanks dude, want to be a major force without having to splash out on players, homegrown superstars is the only way we will be able to build a sustainable club.
Just read all 14 pages mate, this is fantastic!

Great story mate! You've brought Limerick so far so soon!
Thanks guys, im getting really into the save now and feel like ive barely started on where i want to be, the more comments i get like this the more im getting into the save!

Limerick

View attachment 296049

Nov/Dec 2018

Senior Challenge Cup Final V Shamrock Rovers

View attachment 296047

A dominant performance but the Cup was only won by the one goal with that man Keogh getting the winner around the hour mark.

Domestic Quadruple

View attachment 296040

English Manager Tops Irish Hall of Fame

View attachment 296036

Well we didnt do brilliantly in our other games in the Champions League but we played Ajax in the last match of the group stages with the winner going 3rd and into the Europa League Knockout places.

View attachment 296039

They were 2-0 up early on and then winning 3-1 going into half time but we managed to pull it back level close to the hour mark before Lynch scored a very late winner to secure our progression to the knockout stages.

3rd Place in the Champions League group with a terrible goal difference but we had a better head to head against Ajax and make the Europa League knockouts.

View attachment 296038

We draw Bordeaux In the Europa League Knockout Stages

View attachment 296037

A win and a draw in the groups! At least it's better than last season! oO) Keep pushing man, qualification for knock-outs in the next 3 season or three is realistic!

A win and a draw in the groups! At least it's better than last season! oO) Keep pushing man, qualification for knock-outs in the next 3 season or three is realistic!
Yeah its all about building up our seeding and the luck of the draw, we need to get to be a 3rd seed in the next few seasons in the group stages and then we should be able to beat the 4th seed back to back and hopefully get a poor second seeded team. I will need a lot of luck but its the only way we will progress at the moment.

Limerick

View attachment 295886

Dec 2018 - End Of Season Stats And Awards

Squad In Order Of Most Apps

View attachment 295885

Andrew Keogh - 39 Goals!

View attachment 295884

My Best Player of the Season - Jack Doherty

View attachment 295883

Best Young Player - Loan Signing Nightingale

View attachment 295882

Keogh Sets New Average Rating