Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

Limerick

View attachment 295874

Pre-Season - January 2019

Season Expectations

View attachment 295873

Again i have struggled to really find anyone to add of any quality at this stage of the year and will likely wait til the summer when the better players contracts are expiring.

Over 20 Players Released Including Ross Mann and Former Number 1 GK Murphy

View attachment 295872

So the only player i brought in was 34 year old left back Holebas on loan for 6 months, his contracts up in the summer and im hoping to convince him to sign a deal with us.

View attachment 295871

I know Limerick arent the best club in the world but it looks like after we offered Adam Lallana the biggest contract in our history he would still rather retire at 30 than join us!

View attachment 295870

To show how far we have come i thought i would show you the difference between us and the rest of the teams in Ireland based on the clubs values

View attachment 295869

At least were now considered favorites for the league whilst old foes Sligo Rovers are deemed to finish just 5th.

View attachment 295868

Limerick

View attachment 295866

Feb 2019

Tactics And Starting 11 For New Season

View attachment 295864

Europa League 1st Knockout rnd

View attachment 295863View attachment 295862

A comfortable win in Limerick as we dominate the 1st leg sees us through to the next round despite losing to them in the second leg we went through on aggregate.

Ouch! We draw Monaco in the Europa League 2nd Knockout rnd

View attachment 295860

Last of all we gain around another 100 season ticket holders and are almost at the 1000 mark

View attachment 295859

Lallana woud have been some capture! He not wanting to go into coaching? They just keep throwing you tough draws mind dont they! Well done on teh league though..KIU!

doing brilliantly as per usual. Can't believe how much the club has come on since you have taken over. doing amazing in Europe too

Excellent story, great read. Looking forward to seeing how the Euro Cup journey continues.

Lallana woud have been some capture! He not wanting to go into coaching? They just keep throwing you tough draws mind dont they! Well done on teh league though..KIU!

doing brilliantly as per usual. Can't believe how much the club has come on since you have taken over. doing amazing in Europe too

Excellent story, great read. Looking forward to seeing how the Euro Cup journey continues.

Good luck against Monaco!
Thanks dudes will hopefully get the next few updates on tomorrow morning

Lallana would've been a brilliant singing. I still remember when Cantona retired at 30, I couldn't believe it.

*brillant* You are an inspiration... every time I read your story, it makes me want to play the game more.

Monaco will be tough, can't wait to see the result, hope you sneak through.

Limerick

View attachment 295592

March 2019

Oh ******! Sami is out for most of the season with a broken leg

View attachment 295591

Europa League 2nd Knockout rnd

1st Leg V Monaco

View attachment 295590

Well we had more possession but just didnt take our chances like they did and the likes of Ocampos and Depay are now World Class Players 6 seasons in.

2nd Leg V Monaco

View attachment 295589

We performed better in the second leg but they just had too much fire power with Falcao equalizing seconds after we went in to the lead before they scored a late winner and it was official we were out of Europe

March Results

View attachment 295587

Besides from Europe we dominated Cliftonville in the All Ireland Cup before winning our opening couple of league games, we managed to score an early victory over long time rivals Dundalk but it didnt matter as we lost to Galway at the end of the month when i rested some tired players

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 295586

Limerick

View attachment 295585

April 2019

April Results

View attachment 295584

Back to back smashings of our closest local rivals Cork City in the Munster Senior Cup and the league whilst we also progressed to another All Ireland Cup Final with a couple of easy wins against Derry City where we will face Sligo Rovers in the Finals.
In the league we knocked out 5 wins in the league but lost to St Pat's who were the reigning Champions when i took over at Limerick in 2013.

View attachment 295581

Top of the table with a game in hand over the teams around us whilst it looks like Galway could have be our main rivals this year currently in second and having beaten us last month whilst Dundalk are in mid table at best.​

Limerick

View attachment 295579

May 2019

All Ireland Cup Final V Sligo Rovers

View attachment 295578

It was Captain Jack who won it for us as we secured yet another Cup and another All Ireland Title too.

Keogh Out Injured Too

View attachment 295577

May Results

View attachment 295576

Along with winning the Cup we won our other two cup games this month comfortably whilst we won 4 of our league games this month and only dropped points to Dundalk who are having a bit of a revival.

View attachment 295575

6 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand over closest rivals Sligo Rovers and Dundalk and it looks like this season the league is going to be a lot easier than last year.​

shame that keogh is injured now too wanted to see him break sone more records. unlucky against mobaco but the likes of ocampos and depay must be in their prime around now but falcao must be getting on a bit. kiu

Limerick

View attachment 295322

June 2019

Injuries, Injuries everywhere! Along with Keogh and Sami still being out Doherty, Doyle and GK Shea are also out!

View attachment 295321View attachment 295320View attachment 295319

Break into the Top 100 In The European Rankings

View attachment 295318

We drew a team i have never heard of in the Champions League 2nd rnd Qualifiers

View attachment 295317

Munster Senior Cup Final V Waterford United

View attachment 295316

A comfortable win in the Final even though we were missing half of our first team which shows how much better we are than the other teams with former Captain Gaffney coming back into the team and young Striker Ellis upfront.

June Results

View attachment 295315

So along with the wins in the Munster Senior Cup we comfortably beat Sligo Rovers in the League Cup and won 3 out of 4 league games this month despite all our injuries including beating Galway after they beat us early on in the season.
As you can see youngster Connor Ellis has loved his time in the first team with Keogh and Doyle out scoring in 4 consecutive games.

View attachment 295314

St Pat's are the surprise package this season above the likes of Sligo Rovers and Dundalk but were dominating this year 10 points clear of our nearest challengers with a much better goal difference.

Limerick

View attachment 295310

July 2019

First off i strengthened my injury hit side with 3 new quality signings on free transfers

View attachment 295309View attachment 295308View attachment 295307

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Rnd V Sutjeska

View attachment 295306View attachment 295305

A 6-2 win on aggregate but a came at a price as Keogh came back from injury only to pick up another injury whilst Ellis also went off injured in the second leg and our injury crisis hit a new high right before the next Champions League Qualifiers V Tel Aviv

View attachment 295300

July Fixtures

View attachment 295296

We dropped more points in the league with a draw to Shelbourne but won our other 3 games with Gaffney and Ellis in fine form and McGeady hitting a good run of form too.

View attachment 295294

14 points clear at the top of the league despite all our injury problems​

Can I ask how you get so into this? I love this idea and would love to do it myself, but I often find myself playing half a season then playing another save. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how to.

Can I ask how you get so into this? I love this idea and would love to do it myself, but I often find myself playing half a season then playing another save. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how to.
Download the instant result for normal fm skin, its literally the biggest reason how i get into these saves, the first few seasons i played most of my matches but now im dominating domestically i only play European games, cup games and matches against Sligo rovers and Dundalk in the league so i instant result probably 25 games a season? Helps a lot

Limerick

View attachment 295105

August 2019

Champions League 3rd Qualifying rnd V Tel Aviv

View attachment 295104View attachment 295103

With all our striker injury problems we had former Captain and current fringe player Gaffney scored a couple of important away goals for us before they got a goal back very late on to give us a nervy second leg.
In the second leg we had 4 strikers out and i had to play Sami up top a player that had been only just coming back from injury and it showed as we struggled to a draw but go the job done.

We get a very interesting draw in the Champions League Playoffs facing Celtic

View attachment 295102

The 1st leg against Celtic will be my 300th game in charge of Limerick

View attachment 295101

Champions League Playoffs V Celtic

1st Leg

View attachment 295100

It was a disappointing day as we couldnt score away from home despite having the possession and majority of chances, we even played an hour of the match with 10 men and had the better chances to win.

2nd Leg

View attachment 295099

It was more of the same in the second leg as we dominated the tie but struggled to score in the end we had a late penalty which Captain Doherty slotted home to see us through to the group stages.

Another huge Champions League Group Stage Draw

View attachment 295098

August Results

View attachment 295097

Along with all the European ties we won both of our cup games and won easily our 2 league games whilst its nice to start having some of our first teamers coming back from injury now especially with Arsenal and Real Madrid coming up.

View attachment 295096

Just simply dominating in the league, i barely even look at the table this season 13 points clear with 2 games in hand and its all change after Dundalk ran us right to the wire last season.​

After i have got bored of my current Derby save only at the start of season 2 in the premier league. I would like to do something like this develop a team i have taken Burton Albion from League 2 all the way to the champions league semi finals i still have that save open on FM15.

What would be your top tips for someone starting on an adventure like yours? Obviously investing in youth is critical and getting pro status asap.