Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

I cant believe the groups you keep getting stuck in! Barcelona now Madrid! Hopefully you can cause an upset somewere in the group and try and grab 3rd place for the europa's! Good luck!

Tough group yet again! Also you get so may injuries! Good luck anyway, hopefully you can pull off an upset!

After i have got bored of my current Derby save only at the start of season 2 in the premier league. I would like to do something like this develop a team i have taken Burton Albion from League 2 all the way to the champions league semi finals i still have that save open on FM15.

What would be your top tips for someone starting on an adventure like yours? Obviously investing in youth is critical and getting pro status asap.
yeah pro status is key in keeping your better players long term, i was lucky that Limerick had recently turned pro as in previous saves i have had to wait. I think something which i have done better than in previous saves is dont get too attached to your players, if you can buy better players get them dont get sentimental with any players, I also rarely spend money on players are record signing costing less than £100k go for free transfers and loans and you are more likely to sell players at a profit

bossing it domestically whilst in Europe you have drawn some of the toughest groups ive ever seen
I know, i have been hoping for an easier draw like Barcelona's group consists of them, Leverkusen, Sporting and Astra if i got drawn in that group instead of Astra i would fancy causing an upset against Sporting and Leverkusen but no we get another tough draw.
I cant believe the groups you keep getting stuck in! Barcelona now Madrid! Hopefully you can cause an upset somewere in the group and try and grab 3rd place for the europa's! Good luck!
Hopefully as it all helps with my European rankings and then i might get a higher seeding.
Limerick going to Madrid... What?
More importantly Ronaldo coming to Limerick!
Tough group yet again! Also you get so may injuries! Good luck anyway, hopefully you can pull off an upset!
Thanks mate, i have to be fair been lucky with injuries up until this point. i dont think i have had any injuries for more than a month before this season where they all seem to have caught up with us

Limerick

View attachment 294415

September 2019

League Cup Final V Dundalk

View attachment 294414

We win another trophy and this one was won at the death thanks to a very late McGeady goal against fierce rivals Dundalk.

36 Games Unbeaten In All Competitions

View attachment 294413

Maher out for the rest of the Season

View attachment 294412

September Results

View attachment 294411

We started the month thrashing Longford in the Cup before a trio of tough games first off beating Dundalk in the league before snatching a point in a back and forth game against Lyon and then went on to win the League Cup also against Dundalk.
Then it was 3 league wins in a row to end the month with even former title rivals Sligo Rovers falling to us easily, i dont think the unbeaten run is going to last the next game against Real Madrid though.

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 294410

So after such a tight title run last season we comfortably win the league this season with a massive 6 games left and 16 points clear of our closest rivals St Pat's a team that havent done well in years.

Another Title

View attachment 294409

Limerick

View attachment 294394

October 2019

Limerick Set New Most Premier League Goals In A Season Record

View attachment 294393

October Results

View attachment 294392

So first off after over 40 games unbeaten in various competitions we got absolutely destroyed by Real Madrid 9-0 in the Champions League.
We then beat Athlone in back to back games we beat them in the cup to make the Senior Challenge Cup Final and also more convincingly in the league. We then only managed to draw 0-0 with local rivals Cork City before winning our last 3 league games of the season but our biggest result probably ever was holding Arsenal to a draw at The Emirates.

League Table

View attachment 294391

22 points clear of our nearest rivals whilst our goal difference was over twice as good as St Pat's too.

McGeady Wins Player of the Year

View attachment 294390

Shea Named GK of the Year Again

View attachment 294389

McGeady Wins Personality of the Year Too

View attachment 294388

Only 3 Limerick Players In The League Team of the Year

View attachment 294387

Limerick

View attachment 294286

Nov/Dec 2019

Senior Challenge Cup Final V St Pat's

View attachment 294285

We had dominated the game in terms of chances and possesion but it looked like we were heading for defeat when they scored with less than 10 minutes to go but Keogh managed to get one back seconds later and we went on to win it on penalties!

Nov/Dec Results

View attachment 294284

So after the Cup Final we lost all 3 of our remaining Champions League games and went out bottom of the group with 2 points.

Champions League Group Table

View attachment 294283

We did however break our record attendance with the Real Madrid game with just under 40 more people coming to see them play than Man Utd which is our first official sell out, it says the stadium can hold a further 10,000 but its only 15,100 seated

View attachment 294282

Then the board go and waste our money on something stupid like under soil heating, It costs a fortune and we dont even play over the winter!

View attachment 294281

Limerick

View attachment 294278

Dec 2019 - End of Season

Squad In Order of Most Apps

View attachment 294276

Top Goalscorer - Aiden McGeady - 29 Goals (23 Assists)

View attachment 294275

My Best Player - Andy Keogh

View attachment 294274

27 goals and 20 assists for someone who missed a couple of months in the middle of the season and after just 3 seasons at the club is closing in on the All Time League Goals Record set by Gaffney a couple of years before.

My Best Young Player

View attachment 294273

As mentioned before when Keogh was injured along with a whole load of other first teamers Ellis managed to come into the side and rack of 10 goals in 10 starts and show that when Keogh does mover on we have his ready made replacement waiting.

Gareth Maher Wins Ireland Under 21 Player of the Year

View attachment 294272

McGeady Wins Irish League of Ireland Player of the Year

View attachment 294271

Best Eleven - This Year

View attachment 294270

Best Eleven Ever - 7 Seasons
Gareth Maher Inducted

View attachment 294269

Limerick

View attachment 294267

Season Expectations - Win Everything

View attachment 294266

Players Out

Well first off we released a load of players including Stephen Ireland who never really made it over here like other former Premier League stars whilst the other 4 youngsters had potential but i just couldnt give them game time and they were unlikely to ever get it.

View attachment 294265

This was also the first season i lost a few players i would have liked to have kept, all time league record goalscorer Gaffney moved on after refusing a new deal whilst versatile Chambers left for England too. I let Doyle go as he was taking up wages and Ellis has proven he can step up instead whilst i let one of the few players who was here before me leave to in centre back Folan who is now considered 6th choice at centre back and the other 100k offer we got from Birmingham was too much to turn down.

Players In

We only brought in 2 defenders but have also wrapped up 5 players whos contracts are expiring for the summer.

Veteran Stephen Ward comes in at left back whilst Jackson is from Man City on loan for 2 years and is already and England International

View attachment 294264View attachment 294263

Transfer History

View attachment 294262

Starting 11 and Tactic for the New Season

View attachment 294261

The biggest news is our season ticket holders have smashed through the 1000 people mark and is now at a decent 1108

View attachment 294260

Limerick

View attachment 294181

Feb/March 2020

Our injury woes from last season have followed us into the new one with McGeady set to miss half of the new season

View attachment 294179

Feb/March Results

View attachment 294178

We have started well as we snuck through the Munster Senior Cup with a win against Cobh whilst we won 5 out of our opening 6 league games only dropping points to a bore draw against Shamrock Rovers.
We also beat Dundalk in the All Ireland Cup meaning in total we have beat our main rivals from recent seasons 3 times already this year.

View attachment 294177

Top by a point so far at this early stage of the season but St Pat's are looking good with 5 wins out of 5 and a game in hand on us.​

Another great signing in Stephen Ward, shame about McGeady but it seems you're coping well without him.

I actually feel sorry for you because the board spent that money on undersoil heating.

Another great signing in Stephen Ward, shame about McGeady but it seems you're coping well without him.
Thanks mate, he should be back for the Champions League which is the more important competition.
I actually feel sorry for you because the board spent that money on undersoil heating.
I know what a waste of £2Million

Limerick

View attachment 294139

April 2020

Oh ****** Keogh is out injured now too

View attachment 294138

April Results

View attachment 294137

Ellis stepped in ably again for Keogh as we beat Shamrock easily in the first leg of the All Ireland Cup before they smashed us in the second leg but we still just about went through.
We also beat local rivals Cork City in the Munster Senior Cup Final with 2 very late goals and won 4 out of our 5 league matches this month and you can see how the tides are changing amongst the other teams as St Pat's easily beat us whilst we smashed 6 past Sligo Rovers.

View attachment 294136

3 points clear at the top after an impressive 9 wins from our opening 11 league games.​

Limerick

View attachment 294131

May 2020

All Ireland Cup Final V St Pat's

View attachment 294130

3 early goals with youth intake player Maher in fine form as we win another Final in which we dominated.

20th Cup/Title

View attachment 294129

Cawley Gets 3rd Place In The Best Champions League Goal

View attachment 294128

2 of our young loan defenders are going to the Euro 2020

View attachment 294127

May Results

View attachment 294126

Well we won all of our matches in the cup competitions but after winning our opening 2 league games of the month we only managed a bore draw with Shamrock Rovers before losing to main title rivals Dundalk at the end of the month.

View attachment 294125

2 points behind now as Dundalk seem like their up for a title challenge this season after such a poor showing last season but their win over us helped them a lot.

brilliant work mate. just gave you a 5 star rating as I noticed you dont have a rating like a lot of the other stories. all the glory supports are out in limerick now! kiu