Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 196
  • Views Views 8K
Well, Man Utd have pretty much done it again. They've had injuries to key players, they've had mixed results, and Fergie has had to shuffle the pack so many times.....think he's done a remarkable job to get the 19th title. It's the usual. Blackburn hit the post, Man Utd get the ball, they fly up the other end (ok they got a pen) and score. And the rest as they say is history. I just can't say anything bad about the way Man Utd have fought back, and SAF kept the squad together. They won the title simply because they have an excellent squad, a fantastic manager........and Arsenal and Chelsea simply failed to take advantage of the chances they were given. Simple as.

And am I the only one who doesn't want the season to finish next weekend? It's been fantastic this year, with so many shocks and surprises, and Blackpool. I'm gonna be sad when it ends.

Last edited:
They're mancs - well a few of them are anyway. They've got this mania about us. We can ignore them when it suits us, but they seemingly can't return the favour & yes, I am aware of the irony in that statement as we're discussing them at the mo.

Never mind....Kenny's coronation is tomorrow.

Seriously, liverpool done nothing but crow about it since it happened, now united are crowing about it and you're looking down from your "moral high ground"

give over

Well, Man Utd have pretty much done it again. They've had injuries to key players, they've had mixed results, and Fergie has had to shuffle the pack so many times.....think he's done a remarkable job to get the 19th title. It's the usual. Blackburn hit the post, Man Utd get the ball, they fly up the other end (ok they got a pen) and score. And the rest as they say is history. I just can't say anything bad about the way Man Utd have fought back, and SAF kept the squad together. They won the title simply because they have an excellent squad, a fantastic manager........and Arsenal and Chelsea simply failed to take advantage of the chances they were given. Simple as.

But, but... THE REFEREES, IT'S ALL THE REFEREES' FAULT!

It's over. Finally. Let's try to beat Barcelona, even tho I don't care anymore about that game.

I have four minutes to quickly reply to these quotes, give my own views, heat up my lunch and get to the TV before the Cup Final. (Now 3 mins)

Speaking of which, DJ Campbell just scored the 1000th goal of the Premier League season.

HA! DJ Campbell brings us to that landmark -- does Irony have no limits?

Pretty much. Hate to see them go down if it happens. The way the board has screwed with the players and manager. Yeah some players should've pulled their socks up, but when certain board members publicly slag you off, and do absolutely nothing to motivate the club...bunch of arseheads. The fans deserve so much better than this.

This. Feel sorry for WHU and in particular, their fans.

Sheeeeet, flipped channel and McDermott bangs one in for Bournemouth! 1-1.

Benik Afobe <3 - I have no idea what the score is, I just know he's playing and he's Arsenal's prospect =D

They're mancs - well a few of them are anyway. They've got this mania about us. We can ignore them when it suits us, but they seemingly can't return the favour & yes, I am aware of the irony in that statement as we're discussing them at the mo.

Never mind....Kenny's coronation is tomorrow.

Hehe.

-------------------------------

Well done, Man Utd. From what I've seen, Hernandez was caught but made the most of it. Seems rather typical of their season, though: Do nothing for 80 minutes bar conceding a goal away from home and get a late goal to equalise and win the league despite a disappointing performance. Not to mention the fact that JH won the pen.

So it seems Rooney just needed some attention to start playing well again, eh? Maybe he should hand in more transfer requests from an England perspective.

meh, cjacko > Stubbs/Scott/Sunvlik (cant even remember his name, he's that bias ;) )

Die Dunc Die.. :p

On topic though, good that we wrapped it up today instead of taking to the last day.

Most loved, most hated team in the world. Who cares though..

FA Cup final kicks off....I can't take Tevez seriously with that haircut, looks like Gok Wan has given him a makeover oO)

Come on Stoke.

i sure after me posting,there is a user say like this
Come back when you have 18
now we have 19 :P (example)
Congrats MU

FA Cup final kicks off....I can't take Tevez seriously with that haircut, looks like Gok Wan has given him a makeover oO)

Come on Stoke.

my morning hair looks better lol.

Good shot by Tevez good save. Stoke back four should've done better job of closing Tevez down

What a game the Blackpool Game was, 4-3 !!! Blackpool <3

Hope they stay up

Hope they stay up

I'm sooooooo looking forward to watchin it on MoTD, even though I know the score. Gutted I never watched it online now

Anybody see FA Cup final?
Look like Fa Cup final is more interesting than Man Utd match(for the first time i feel like that :P)
GO STOKE!

Hope they stay up

Big ask for them, I know we will field a weakened side, but that weakened side put 4 past schalke, we wont want to lose our unbeaten home record on the last day, and those fringe players will be looking to stake a place for the CL squad

Have to say, Man City looking very composed and confident. Causing Stoke quite a few problems by drawing Stoke players out of position

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Huth got away with that elbow on Balo. Very stupid thing to do

15 minutes in and Stoke should have had their first red card. Huth clearly elbows Balotelli in the face off the ball but the ref misses it.

I wish De Jong teaches Huth a lesson. What a **** Huth is..

Would rather not. Rather see the final end up with 11 players on each side at the end

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

what a great shot, and great save by Sorensen

Back