March

View attachment 325518
This was a month of Heartache. I tried my best but I couldn't seem
to get the team firing on all cylinders. 2014/15 is essentially a write
off at them moment and we're here to see it out and try again next season.

View attachment 325514
I've completely lost patience with Balotelli now. Despite giving him numerous chances, his average rating is sitting at 6.20. He missed form the spot!! Not a save, he blasted it over the bar! His confidence is low and I don't care enough to turn him around. I don't often give up on players but he's got the ability, the potential so he needs to turn up. He's being paid too much to be allowed to under-perform. This is his first and last season at the club. No excuses now, he's being sold. Don't care how much I get for him, I just want him gone!

View attachment 325512
Such a cruel way to get dumped out of the cup. It was a great goal, take nothing away from the finish but I'm left sitting here drowning in "what ifs". We've not been good enough this season and It's really getting to me now.

View attachment 325510
Took an early lead and then fell asleep int eh 20th minute where they pegged us back and took the lead.
It' was a close game from there on and had the game stated int eh 30th minute, a draw would have been a fair result.

View attachment 325508
Despite what the stats say, Leverkussen were the better side. We so very nearly lost it as the score was 4-5 (on aggregated) to us but their away goal meant a 3-0 win would put them through. I was proud of the fight back in the last 10 minutes but this was a full strength side. WE rolled over far too easily in this game.

Still, Progression into the last 8. The Quarter final draw was made today.

View attachment 325506
View attachment 325505

View attachment 325504
An 81st minute corner stole the draw for Everton. I felt we were the better side so I'm disappointed
to have only drawn this when we held a narrow lead. Still, anything can happen in the Derby.

View attachment 713745View attachment 325503
View attachment 325501

Realistically, the Champions League is now out of reach. 12pts behind with only 8 games to go and given my fixture list, I can't see us picking up enough points to pass Arsenal; even if they drop 12 points. My aim now is to finish above Spurs and try pinch 5th off Newcastle to make sure I get Europa League football . . . .

Which has been made all the harder by an injury on the international break.

View attachment 325500
He's pretty much going to miss the rest of the season. I've now got to decide who
sees out the season in goal: Brad Jones or Ryan Fulton.

P.S. Quite sick of this save but I know it's just the "end of season without hope" gloom hitting me.
I can only imagine this all makes fro a great story though: how am I going to turn it around! :p

Ouch with Mingolet's injury! hopefully you can still do well!!!

The tipsy and curvy times just make success that much sweeter when you get it. You'll get to reshape the squad next year.

Ouch with Mingolet's injury! hopefully you can still do well!!!

Aye, Although I went with Ryan Fulton ahead of Brad Jones and he's done himself proud. Kept a Clean sheet against a big team :)

The tipsy and curvy times just make success that much sweeter when you get it. You'll get to reshape the squad next year.

Aye, I'll definitely savor some success when it visits my door. This has been a season to forget. 2nd half of the season just turned on me. Though I've only myself to blame. Didn't strengthen in January since I thought eh squad was doing well.

100k transfer budget??
wtf?

I'm in April, so that's the budget remaining from this seasons expenditure. I'll be offered more in the summer.

April

View attachment 325435

View attachment 325431

View attachment 325430
90+6 minute.... I dropped points in fergie time!!!!

View attachment 325429
I don't know where the boys pulled this one out of but a huge win against City ends out 8 game
winless run in the League. Clean Sheet for Fullton who's been exceptional since Mignolet's injury.

View attachment 325428
View attachment 325427
My 3rd draw in 3 games against Chelsea this season. Fulton again turned in a great display but
we weren't able to keep Chelsea out: scoring two vital away goals. We were 0-1 down after 35 seconds when a deep cross bypassed my back line to the feet of Schurrle who had an easy goal to start the game.

View attachment 325426
Loveren's injury meant I had to start Llyod Jones, who in truth probably wasn't ready for a game as big as this.
Chelsea dominated us and score early; twice in the opening 10 minutes. The game was effectively over at that point.

So we bid fair well to the Champions League. It was a great year for us marking our return: Making it well past
expectations and into the Quarter Finals.

View attachment 325425
I just want this season to end. We had so many chance but we looked just about off 100%.
So many times we got into a good position only to concede possession or fire wide. We're
not looking good at all right now and I honestly don't know what to do.

View attachment 713954View attachment 325424

I know you said you're starting to get sick of the save but keep going mate. Just caught up on it all. Get the next season started with some signings :)

I know you said you're starting to get sick of the save but keep going mate. Just caught up on it all. Get the next season started with some signings :)

Not really sick of the save, just sick of this season. I know exactly what this squad is capable of and seeing them under-perform is 1) annoying me, and 2) making me determined to get the best out of them :p

View attachment 325405

View attachment 325404
We were well overdue a good performance. Sunderland had already been relegated
by the time this fixture came up but a win is a win is a win.

View attachment 325403
We took a glorious 0-2 lead but after that, Arsenal regrouped, bossed the possession and created enough
chances to overturn the deficit. I was disappointed but still happy with the first 10 minutes. I just need
to figure out how to make that last an extra 80 minutes.

View attachment 325401
Simone Mignolet returned to action and kept a clean sheet. I was very proud of the side since
Stoke are a good unit and a tough team to break down.

View attachment 325400
I decided to give Ballotelli one last run out and see how he'd get on... we scored the winning goal
that guaranteed Europa League football. You never know what you'll get with that boy!

View attachment 714016View attachment 325399

View attachment 325398View attachment 325397
The reason i needed to secure 6th was on the off chance West Ham
beat City, they'd take the last Europa League spot instead of 7th place.

The reason i needed to secure 6th was on the off chance West Hambeat City, they'd take the last Europa League spot instead of 7th place.

Don't the runners up get it anyway? Or is that the league cup?

Don't the runners up get it anyway? Or is that the league cup?

I can't remember if the F.A. Cup offers it to the winner / runner up in winner has already qualified.
Every league seems to have a different system it's so hard to keep track. Either way, securing 6th means I didn't have to worry about it. Now it's Newcastle problem :p

Edit:

View attachment 325380

Last edited:
Seems to be a trend in England to get Europa League football by losing the FA Cup final and being relegated to the championship in the same season :p Anyway you did a decent job this season, with some good signings in the summer you should be able to push for a top 4 spot next season + winning the Europa League also seems like a realistic goal.

Post Season Review

View attachment 325377

Defence:

Combined PoM: 9

Defensively I was concerned this season as we conceded 46 goals.
We finished as the second highest scoring team in the league though so
this is a consequence of out offensive mentality. Our Wing backs were
fantastic this season: Johnson and Moreno are going to be Key players next
season.

Midfield:

Combined PoM: 9

Simply put, my midfield was working as a good unit this season. Jordan Henderson
was the stand out midfield as he created 10 goals, and completed 84% of his tackles.
Both going forward and going back, he was a rock in midfield.

Forwards:

Combined PoM: 10

Raheem Sterling and Daniel Sturridge were excellent up front but there were the only
strikers on form. Ballotelli stumbled through the season scoring only when he wanted.
I'm happy with our goal tally, finishing as the second highest scoring team with 65 goals;
on average 1.7 goals a game which is a good return.

Finishing 6th is still great! hopefully you can push on for the top 4 next season!

Seems to be a trend in England to get Europa League football by losing the FA Cup final and being relegated to the championship in the same season :p Anyway you did a decent job this season, with some good signings in the summer you should be able to push for a top 4 spot next season + winning the Europa League also seems like a realistic goal.

Aye, It's amusing how often that seems to happen :p Though I'd hate to have a 46 game league seaosn + Europa League. That's way too many matches to be able to realistically manage!

Now that the season is over, I feel I blooded the new recruits well and they should be well gelled next season. I forgot that half the squad had just been brought to the club so they needed to get to know each other, ect. I'm going to try target a new striker since I'm washing my hands of Ballotelli and see if I can get a new CD as I was kinde caught for cover later in the season.

Finishing 6th is still great! hopefully you can push on for the top 4 next season!

Aye, I'm hoping I get 4th. The long term future of Coutinho is riding on it since he wanted to join PSG to play champions league but I promised to get there next year. If I don't bye bye amazing ACM!!!

View attachment 325367
Udinese getting relegated gives me a great opportunity to sign
Simone Scuffet. I'm sure most of you know about this Itallian
Goalkeeper. I've identified him as a long term replacement for
Simon Mignolet.