Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

thing is, its £35 million before the addons oO)

SSN just said it could be around £40m. That would mean Newcastle would get about £8m in transfer fees next summer if Mike Ashley's feeling generous!

SSN just said it could be around £40m. That would mean Newcastle would get about £8m in transfer fees next summer if Mike Ashley's feeling generous!

Got it in one. ;)

Deal of the century is Eto'o plus 40 Million for Ibra.
Second is Carroll to Liverpool, if he completes his move.

40 odd million for Carroll................DEAL

If Torres is worth 50 mil, how is Carroll worth 35? Liverpool is making a huge mistake. Maybe the owners just don't know anything about the sport.

This cannot be for real.... £40m for Carroll, what are they smoking at Liverpool?

LOL! Just because he made a comparison that made Carroll look good? Don't be a hypocrite.

lol I never mentioned that he was not good, I just said comparing him to these world-class strikers was stupid and should not be done

My point being that you can use any old stat and make it look good/bad.

Rooney and Torres out of form?! Surely that's their fault then is it?! That's a truly shocking excuse, sorry.

And what makes you think comparing England international Andy Carroll to Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam is a fair comparison?!

I never mentioned comparing him to Chopra etc. was fair but neither was comapring him to Drogba, Rooney etc.

btw Torres and Drogba still socred a handful of goals when they are off-form, makes u wonder what they can do on form is'nt it,

Andy Caroll is a great prospect but u can never justify his 35m price tag considering Chelsea valued Torres at 30m a couple of days ago

Nearly £40m? ****** ******* ****.

I don't agree with the fee. But he is a type of player we badly need.

Am I the only one that thinks Sky Sports have no idea what they are talking about and just make most of this **** up?

re: "Improved bid from Liverpool for Andy Carroll rejected"

skysports_bryan: #NUFC say second bid rejected for Andy Carroll #lfc #ssn [via Twitter]

Interesting.

EDIT: SkySports_Simon: #NUFC confirm a second offer and improved bid for in for Andy Carroll in from #LFC - rejected. #SSNTDD [via Twitter] too.

Can't believe they haven't accepted £35m, unless they're sure Liverpool will go higher.

Bid rejected. Shocking from Ashley.

One thing ill say in Kenny's defence is back in 93 when Dalglish was Blackburn boss he paid Southampton 3.3m for talented youngster Alan Shearer. Back then it was a huge amount of money and a British transfer record. There was a similar reaction to that as on here today. Shearer was seen as a decent prospect no more and worth no more than a million. The rest is history.

He is no ******* way worth anywhere near that amount of money.

£35M + Installments REJECTED by Newcastle.

I have one thing to say, lol.