LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Season Overview

View attachment 276957

It's been another good season for Les Dogues, we came slightly closer to the title - but still not close enough! It's going to be hard to break the Marseille and PSG dominance.

League position is the same as last year and we won the Coupe de France to go with it.

View attachment 276955

Marseille win the league this year in a fantastic achievement as I feel PSG are streets ahead of anyone else in terms of players and resources. The 3 promoted teams all go back down together to Ligue 2.

Here's the player stats for the season;

View attachment 276954

Nolan Roux only comes 4th in the Golden Boot race due to his injuries this season.

We won a few personal awards at the club too, firstly the Young Player of the Year;

View attachment 276953

And a personal one for me, which I'm very proud of - Manager of the Year.

View attachment 276952

Now a look at how other leagues/cups went on throughout Europe.

Champions League;
View attachment 276950

Europa League;
View attachment 276949

Premier League;
View attachment 276948

Championship;
View attachment 276947
View attachment 276945

La Liga;
View attachment 276944

Bundesliga;
View attachment 276943

Serie A;
View attachment 276942

Breaking News!!

Now for some breaking news that could change the whole direction of this story!

This came up in my news feed;

View attachment 276939

Which led to this unexpected turn of events;

View attachment 276938

As a lifelong Chelsea fan my head is obviously turned, I've had a great time with Lille so do I deserve this big move? My dream job is available and I don't know if it will ever come up again, or do I continue to build something at Lille?

Opinions People!!?!?

If you go to Chelsea and get all the money they have then the game will be much easier and... boring :) I think you should stay at Lille at least until you make them such a powerful and wealthy club as e.g. Chelsea.

Liverpool destroyed the PL!! :D And Hertha Berlin?! :O

I think stay with Lille, with Chelsea you're virtually guaranteed to make it to the top within 3 seasons max, Lille is more interesting, but it's your choice :)

What a terrible season in the Bundesliga lol.

I'd say stick with Lille, it's more interesting but if you're a Chelsea supporter then maybe go for it. You'll have Hazard after all

There's still so much more to come from Lille I believe, personally I'd stay in France.

Liverpool destroyed the PL!! :D And Hertha Berlin?! :O

I think stay with Lille, with Chelsea you're virtually guaranteed to make it to the top within 3 seasons max, Lille is more interesting, but it's your choice :)

What a terrible season in the Bundesliga lol.

I'd say stick with Lille, it's more interesting but if you're a Chelsea supporter then maybe go for it. You'll have Hazard after all

There's still so much more to come from Lille I believe, personally I'd stay in France.

If you go to Chelsea and get all the money they have then the game will be much easier and... boring :) I think you should stay at Lille at least until you make them such a powerful and wealthy club as e.g. Chelsea.

I understand all of the points, that's why it was such a hard decision to make.

Homecoming

View attachment 276589

First of all, let me start by explaining myself.

I know a lot of you wanted me to continue at Lille and a big part of me wanted that too but I just can't turn down my beloved club. I've had amazing success at Lille and will not rule out a return there in the future, I will be keeping a close eye on Les Dogues.

I feel there's a challenge ahead of me at Chelsea. The last 2 winners of the Premier League have been Manchester City and Liverpool, who won it by 18 points last season. We have a lot of work to do in order to become the dominant force in England and that's our aim. Also as a Chelsea fan I am crying out for some young English talent to be bought through the academy into the first team squad and that's exactly what I'm aiming to do. The likes of Reuben Loftus-Cheek, Dominic Solanke, Lewis Baker, Isaiah Brown are all going to be part of my first team plans, both in this season and in the long term. Nathan Ake and Andreas Christensen (who I enjoyed during his loan spell with me last season) will be involved too. There's a changing of the guard with Didier Drogba already left, Petr Cech leaving and John Terry not having long left before he retires. This club needs new legends to step up and I believe I am the man who can create these legends.

I hope all of my readers understand this decision and I hope this doesn't make the story boring for you. Any other club in the world and I'd have turned them down, but I just can't turn down Chelsea.

View attachment 276590

Lille appreciation

I want to thank Lille for everything they have done for me. Without them I would be nowhere, they gave me my chance in management and I've reaped great rewards because of it. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the club and I wish them every success in the future. If the opportunity arrises I would return, but in the meantime good luck and let's hope you get to overpower Marseille and PSG and win the Ligue 1 title.

Nous Sommes Les Dogues!

View attachment 276586

Keep The Blue Flag Flying High

View attachment 276583

So here I am, Chelsea Football Club manager. My dreams had been realised but I don't have time to sit and take it all in - I need to start work. A look at last season's table tells you the task at hand.

View attachment 276582

Liverpool are the current standard bearers in England and it's my job to dethrone them. Achieving European success is always high on Roman Abramovich's agenda so I'll bear that in mind. There was a lot more margin for error at Lille, at this club success is in it's blood and failure isn't an option.

Following on from Jose Mourinho was always going to be a daunting task for whoever it was. Avram Grant didn't last long and he took Chelsea to the Champions League final! Since him there's been a succession of failed managers - Andre Villas-Boas, Luis Filipe Scolari, Rafael Benitez. I have a massive job on my hands - but Mr Abramovich is backing me all the way and has given me a large transfer budget to work with.

I've said before bringing youngsters through is my main aim. I will introduce a couple into the first team squad this season - Reuben Loftus-Cheek, Nathan Ake, Andreas Christensen and Dominic Solanke. These will all be a part of my first team squad and I hope playing regularly with top players will only help to develop these players into future internationals.

Firstly, a look at last seasons Player of the Year and Chelsea's XI from last season;

View attachment 276579

View attachment 276578

Signings

View attachment 276527

I would now like to introduce to you my first couple of signings at the club. Mr Abramovich wanted a big name signing and I've spent the money to bring one in!

View attachment 276526

£50m on James Rodriguez! He will complete our 3 behind the striker and will be a welcome addition to the side. My next signing is again for a bit of money but will rotate with some of our English youngsters we have.

View attachment 276525

We also played our first friendly against AEK Athens;

View attachment 276524

And here are our opening fixtures for the season;

View attachment 276523

Pre-Season Overview

View attachment 275681

I'm settling into life as Chelsea manager. My first pre-season is done and now it's time for the serious action to begin. When I arrived the squad was packed with a lot of talent so I knew I didn't need to do too much. I've made a couple of signings to freshen things up but the main job was to let a lot of the deadwood at the club go - the squad was too big with too many players earning big money with no chance of making it in the first team.

Here are our transfers this summer;

In;

View attachment 275680

Out;
View attachment 275679
View attachment 275678

I've had to make some big decisions on the likes of Tomas Kalas and Patrick Bamford, who potentially could have been stars at this club. Also it's sad to see the back of Petr Cech, Ramires and John Obi Mikel but they weren't needed any more.

James Rodriguez is our big money signing of the summer and I'm hoping he can make the difference along with the likes of Oscar and Eden Hazard when needed. John Ruddy was happy to sign a contract as back-up to Thibaut Courtois so I'm pleased with that signing. I overpaid for Morgan Schneiderlin and if I got the chance again I'd probably turn him down, he can be an important player for us though and gives us more options.

So here's a look at my first team squad for the 2016/17 season;

Goalkeepers;
View attachment 275676

Defenders;
View attachment 275675

Midfielders;
View attachment 275674

Strikers;
View attachment 275673

A very strong squad and definitely one capable of winning the Premier League. I want European success as well so a big squad is always useful to have. We're definitely strongest in Midfield as we've got a luxury of options.

I didn't place too much importance on our friendlies and let the assistant manager look over them;

View attachment 275672

View attachment 275671

Liverpool v Chelsea

View attachment 275668

My first competitive game in charge is the Community Shield against Premier League Champions Liverpool. They are the standard bearers in the English game after walking away with the League last season. This is an early test of our squad, but we have 3 players away on Olympics duty - Diego Costa, Luciano Vietto and Jose Gaya. I'm not placing too much importance on this as I see it as a glamorous friendly to be honest.

View attachment 275667

We may have lost the match but we definitely matched them. Willian gave us the lead in the first half and deservedly so but this is why Liverpool are the team to beat - they win games without playing at their best - that's what we need to do. A special moment for me managing my boyhood club at Wembley but the defeat won't affect us too much and it's straight into League action next.

Chelsea v Watford

View attachment 275660

Here it is, my first game at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea manager. All of my childhood dreams had been for this moment, to be representing my club - albeit I had dreamed of being a player. We face Watford who came mid-table last season and have built a pretty good squad so we know this won't be easy. I'm just praying for a good league start.

View attachment 275659

I couldn't really have asked for more on my Premier League managerial debut! A win, a clean sheet and a goal from a Chelsea youth academy product! With our 3 players still on Olympic duty Loic Remy got a start again as he's our only senior striker and he gave us the lead in the second half. Dominic Solanke came on with only 15 minutes or so left and he scored a wonder strike to seal the win. I said when I took the job I wanted youngsters to break into the team and Dom has done himself no harm at all with this cameo appearance. He beat 3 men before smashing it past Kalinic, the Watford goalkeeper.

Up next we face a trip to Old Trafford...

Not a bad start, good to see Solanke getting his first goal of the season. I predict you will win the league by 10+ points!

Back