LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanKeaney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 75K
Not a bad start, good to see Solanke getting his first goal of the season. I predict you will win the league by 10+ points!

Thanks mate, I'm so happy for Solanke, hoping he can get a run in the team with all of my strikers at the Olympics. I hope we can topple Liverpool but the fact they won it by so many points last season means it won't be easy!

Premier League 2016/17 Preview

View attachment 275653

I was meant to put this before my first game of the season but I forgot. Just wanted to give a quick overview of our title rivals, just running through their managers and transfers so far. I will also update at the end of the window with any further transfers and later in the season I will keep up-to-date with our rivals results.

View attachment 833546

Manager: Brendan Rodgers

Ins: Toby Alderweireld (Atletico Madrid), Marquinhos (FC Porto), Gianni Imbula (Marseille), Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow)

Outs: Lucas Leiva (Real Madrid), Mario Balotelli (Atletico Madrid), Divock Origi (Bayern Munich), Xherdan Shaqiri (Real Madrid), Andre Wisdom (Bournemouth), Jordon Ibe (Tottenham) loan, Zakaria Bakkali (Derby) loan, John Flanagan (West Brom) loan

View attachment 833564

Manager: Tony Mowbray

Ins: Matteo Kovacic (Inter), Carlos Tevez (Juventus), Asier Illarramendi (Real Madrid), John Obi Mikel (Chelsea), Guilherme Siqueira (Atletico Madrid)

Outs: Carl Jenkinson (Everton), Joel Campbell (Everton), Yaya Sanogo (Blackburn), Chuba Akpom (Crysal Palace) loan, Mikel Arteta (retired)

View attachment 833556

Manager: Jurgen Klopp

Ins: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Ross Barkley (Everton), Andrew Robertson (Hull), Kingsley Coman (Juventus), Petr Cech (Chelsea)

Outs: Karim Rekik (Bournemouth) loan, Jason Denayer (Lille)

View attachment 833570

Manager: Philip Cocu

Ins: Andrej Kramaric (Leicester), Jordon Ibe (Liverpool) loan, Rodrigo De Paul (Valencia)

Outs:
Christian Eriksen (PSG), Eran Zahavi (Watford), Emmanuel Adebayor (Cardiff), Moussa Dembele (Southampton), Aaron Lennon (QPR), Benjamin Stambouli (Southampton), Dele Alli (West Brom) loan

View attachment 275642

Manager: Steve Clarke

Ins: Ramires (Chelsea), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal), Dani Parejo (Villarreal), Joel Campbell (Arsenal), Kasper Kusk (Ajax)

Outs: Ross Barkley (Man City), Ty Browning (West Brom), Darron Gibson (Middlesbrough)

View attachment 833572

Manager: Andre Villas-Boas

Ins: Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg), Kevin Wimmer (Koln), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Henrik Mkhitaryan (Dortmund)

Outs: Tyler Blackett (Nottm Forest), Bernard (Real Madrid), Jesse Lingard (West Ham) loan, Robin van Persie (Sampdoria)

You're not afraid to sell to your rivals are you!!

Nope! Cech will sit on the bench for City I'm assuming as they still have Hart. Arsenal are welcome to Mikel and Everton shouldn't challenge us for the league. My squad was massive when I took over and we were paying huge wages to these players that weren't going to feature :)

Man Utd v Chelsea

View attachment 275327

We now face a tough trip to one of our rivals - Manchester United. They came in a disappointing 7th position last season but they've strengthened over the summer and we know they will be a force at the top of the table once again.

View attachment 275326

We got outplayed on the day by the better team. Former Chelsea man Kevin De Bruyne got 2 goals and ran the show in all honesty - we couldn't cope with him. John Terry's red card a minute into the second half distinguished any hopes of a comeback and meant we just shut up shop to avoid getting completely embarrassed. We need to recover from this.

We also found out a couple of draws in the week building up to this game, firstly we found out our Capital One Cup 3rd Round opponents;

View attachment 275325

We face a trip to the KC Stadium to face Championship side Hull City. I'm not completely disregarding the Capital One Cup this season, but I do see it as an opportunity to play our younger players to give them a real platform to impress.

There was also the small matter of the Champions League Group Stage draw;

View attachment 275323

Of course that was going to happen! You can't write this stuff - we play my former club Lille in the Group Stage. It will be an emotional day playing against them but I have to be professional and do my job. We also come up against Sporting Lisbon and the Bundesliga Champions Hertha Berlin.

Emotions aside, I'm relatively happy with this draw, we don't face a massive side and we don't have too much travelling to do. Winning this group is the only option. I will be cheering on Lille to advance with me to the knockout rounds.

Chelsea v Tottenham

View attachment 275321

A want a reaction from the lads today - we face bitter rivals Tottenham at Stamford Bridge. I've made a slight tactical tweak, moving Matic further back and bringing the CAM into CM. I'm hoping this will stop us being so open and conceding goals like we did at Old Trafford.

View attachment 275320

As a Chelsea manager there's one way to get the fans on your side - by beating Spurs! This is one the fans will savour as we outplayed a toothless Tottenham. Eden Hazard was the star today as he scored one and set up one. It's nice for Diego Costa to get his first goal of the season on his first appearance since the Olympics.

August Overview

View attachment 275319

It's been an indifferent first month as Chelsea manager. We've won both home games but we've lost twice to our rivals. I'm a little worried about that and it's something I'll be addressing as to win the league we need to beat our rivals.

Here's a look at the early Premier League table;

View attachment 275318

It's almost not worth putting it up as there's nothing you can really draw from that table at this early stage. I suppose at least no-one is on 100% and it's West Brom at the top after the first month!

Player stats so far;

View attachment 275317

Manager of the Month;

View attachment 275316

Player of the Month;

View attachment 275315

Young Player of the Month;

View attachment 275314

Our results for August;

View attachment 275313

And a look ahead to our September fixtures;

View attachment 275312

We face a tough trip to Goodison to start the month, but apart from that every match is winnable and I'm looking for a 100% month to really show everyone we mean business.

There was also some late transfer outgoings from the club;

View attachment 275311

Mostly some late loan moves for youngster but the big news is the selling of Juan Cuadrado. He's had a good few seasons at Chelsea but I just feel PSG's offer was too good to refuse, especially as we aren't short of options in the position. The fee will rise to over £30m with instalments etc.

Everton v Chelsea

View attachment 275310

September starts with a tough looking trip to Goodison Park. Everton finished 5th last season and are a very difficult outfit under manager Steve Clarke. We know we have our work cut out to get a win here.

View attachment 275309

My finest moment in my short time as Chelsea manager! We were 2-0 down and it looked like we were going to lose away from home again but we turned it around in spectacular style! Eden Hazard, Morgan Schneiderlin and Oscar got the goals to secure a fantastic away performance. Schneiderlin was the hero of the day though as he took control of the second half with a goal and an assist. Oscar's goal to win it was worth of winning any game, a fantastic strike from range - let's hope this can be the result that starts a run of form going.

Chelsea v Hertha Berlin

View attachment 275308

​Our Champions League campaign begins with a home game against German champions Hertha Berlin. They were the surprise winners of the Bundesliga last season and they mustn't be underestimated.

View attachment 275307

A comfortable win in the end against an average Hertha Berlin side. It's hard to see how this team finished ahead of the likes of Bayern Munich and Dortmund last season. Eden Hazard has really hit form in recent games and he got a brace with Adnan Januzaj getting his first goal of the season. It's a fantastic start to the group for us, just for note Lille drew with Sporting Lisbon in the other game in the group.

Crystal Palace v Chelsea

View attachment 275303

We're back in Premier League action now as we face a tricky trip to Selhurst Park to play Crystal Palace. We've won 3 in a row and want to keep that run of form going whilst confidence is high in the camp.

View attachment 275302

Captain. Leader. Legend. It was all about John Terry today as he scored the opener and the own goal could easily have gone down as his goal. We're a threat from set pieces and luckily that was the difference today. Another win on the bounce as we keep our run of form up.

Hull v Chelsea

View attachment 275298

It's time for the Capital One Cup tie against Hull City. We field a lot of youngsters in this tie, including the likes of Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathan Ake, Nathaniel Chalobah, Nick Drazina and Dominic Solanke. We also hand a debut to John Ruddy in between the sticks.

View attachment 275296

A very impressive showing from the youngsters! Dominic Solanke clearly the pick of the lot with a hat-trick against decent Championship opposition. He really is one for the future and has impressed when called up so far this season. I feel he can be our first choice striker for years to come and be an international regular with England. I also want to mention young Nick Drazina - a regen from our academy. He set-up the 3rd goal and was the most impressive player bar Solanke on the pitch.

Here's a look at Drazina's stats;

View attachment 275295

I feel he could mature into competing to be our left back for the future with Jose Gaya, especially with Filipe Luis getting no younger. He already has Under-21 caps to his name and the futures bright!

Here's the draw for the next round of the Capital One Cup;

View attachment 275294

Chelsea v Aston Villa

View attachment 275293

We're back in league action with Aston Villa the latest visitors to the Bridge.

In the build up to this match I had a very odd request from Willian;

View attachment 275292

Is he high? You're playing in England mate sort it out! In the end we resolved it by me saying we will win trophies this season...

View attachment 275291

This was a rout! James Rodriguez finally started to pay back some of the £50m that we spent to get him here with a breathtaking performance. He set up 1 and scored 2 absolute worldies! Oscar got a brace as well as his stock keeps rising with a string of impressive performances.

Sporting Lisbon v Chelsea

View attachment 275290

We end September with a trip to the beautiful city of Lisbon. We won our first group game and we want to qualify as early as possible so a win here is a must.

View attachment 275289

This was the second James Rodriguez master class in a week. He scored 1 and set up the other 3 in a demolition job in Lisbon. The first 3 goals were all from corners as James' deliveries were too good for the Sporting Lisbon defence. Elsewhere in the group my beloved Lille won against Hertha Berlin to go into second place. We play them home and away in our next two group fixtures, a couple of wins there would surely see us progress to the knockout round.

Hahahaha Willian's dealer deserves a pay rise, that stuff is obviously doing the trick!

Could I see an SS of Solanke please mate? I have always wanted to see how he progresses. Cheers

September Overview

View attachment 275288

September turned out to be the perfect month. The change in formation at the end of last month has worked wonders as we've blown teams away.

View attachment 275287

Again it's still a bit early to be looking at the league table but it's always nice to look at it when your top! Man Utd and Liverpool are breathing down our neck though so we have to keep this run of form up.

Player stats so far;

View attachment 275286

Manager of the Month;

View attachment 275285

Player of the Month;

View attachment 275284

Young Player of the Month;

View attachment 275283

I'm ecstatic to win my first ever Manager of the Month award in my career! It's been a 100% month so I guess I kinda saw it coming but it's still a massive honour nonetheless. Oscar got some recognition in Player of the Month also and deservedly so.

Champions League group;

View attachment 275281

September results;

View attachment 275282

October fixtures;

View attachment 275280

Man I hope Memphis is playing like that for Liverpool next year! I will be so happy if he joins but I still think Man U are favourites :(

Back