Manchester City V Liverpool {23/8/10 - 20:00}

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 215
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City's midfield looks superior, we need Gerrard more advanced rather than having NGog on against such a physical backline. Maybe at Halftime Roy should replace NGog with a defensive midfielder.

At least Corrie is on in a few mins. Time for us to review our expectations for this season i feel.

I'd agree with that, N'Gog is getting in positions which you'd want Torres in with Gerard backing him up... meaning Torres has hardly had a kick for the past 10mins! Lucas is alright but you're missing Masch at the moment to break up the attacks (as I said originally would be the problem).

Who would liverpool swap in for that N'Gog change though?

To be fair he's a brilliant player, obviously.. he just has to drop way, way too deep to get the ball and he's being done 2v1 most of the time by City's defence. The City midfield look dominant at the moment, as was said by someone else.

pool look out of ideas already, city are winning the ball back so easily.

a lot of people wrote off milner for moving, but early signs suggest otherwise. if mancini keeps with that johnson-milner-barry connection it will be good for them, but great for england.

Last edited:
its a joke how many good players man city have on there bench.

these spanish commentators talk more about adebayor joining Real madrid, rather than commentating the actual game :@

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Adam is playing so good :D

We've been poor in defence, midfield and attack. Apart from that we're fine.

Torres looks pretty disinterested actually, little tackling back, no challenges in the box (looks like he wants it to drop perfectly at his feet), and the rest of the time he's sat at right wing easily marked, don't think I've seen him running for a through ball yet, correct me if I'm wrong?

Tevez is unfortunately showing how it should be done.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Adam Johnson = Arjen Robben junior

Actually that's a good spot. Same quick change of pace, two footedness, cut inside for a shot and quick feet. Would be great to see Arsenal retraining Theo to play as an attacking mid/number 10 and have Johnson run the right wing, looking lovely.

Give Torres a two week break. He's playing catchup atm with his fitness. You can tell, he's lacking any form of sharpness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back