Manchester United v Chelsea|18th Sep 2011| Sunday 4pm kick off| Old Trafford

Sunil, what's with you and Evans? He's 'decent', but that's about it.

And Torres just ensured Chelsea fans will not forget him easily despite his lack of goals.

Our best defender easily. Coz every tom **** harry points finger when he makes one mistake but no one gives him credit when he plays well. He is more than a decent and he showed that this season. Had rough patch for about year and half, before that and after that he was very good. His passing is very good, if Jones or Smalling makes that pass he made to Nani then every United fan would be jizzing in their pants, but since it is Evans he wont even get a mention.

We lost 3-1 but there's a lot of positives.

Torres played well and got a goal, did a brilliant bit of play to take the ball around De Gea, but missed a sitter. But don't tell me that's lack of confidence though anybody can miss them from time to time, and you could see today he had the confidence to be scoring goals. I just really hope people talk more about his goal rather than his miss, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

AVB's subs were also very positive, especially Anelka for Lampard and going to a 4-2-3-1/4-2-4. I'm glad he brought Lukaku on, although he couldn't really get into the game, but I'm hoping he gets more of a chance to settle in, in the Carling Cup. Anelka was very good for 20-25 mins and then started dropping really deep, as usual.

Sturridge was disappointing, but he's young still and the big games could be difficult for him.

Mata very good for 80 minutes until the game slowed down. He was poor for Utd's second goal, but that's not all his fault because Nani should have been closed down.

And the overall play was very fluid and showed a lot of promise for the rest of the season.

I think a fair result would have been a draw, but we lost and we just have to get on with it and hopefully get 3 points against Swansea.

I genuinely think Torres can kick on now.

oh yeah, sorry, sound really biased in that post. it's just it did go man united's way.. but it 'could' have gone Chelsea's. Very even game imo.
Oh definitely, and I hope SAF will raise that in training, certainly in some aspects of our defence.

Wow... saying he's your best defender is taking it a tad too far don't you think?

Thing is, there's been worse misses

[video=youtube;kiVq5-u7MH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVq5-u7MH0[/video]

One of those things.

Rosenthal at least hit the bar and was being 'chased' by a defender. IDK - I think Torres' was worse.

For 58m you could get the best striker out there instead of Torres! ahah

[video=youtube;W9eLZ8UxPTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eLZ8UxPTs&feature=related[/video]

We lost 3-1 but there's a lot of positives.

Torres played well and got a goal, did a brilliant bit of play to take the ball around De Gea, but missed a sitter. But don't tell me that's lack of confidence though anybody can miss them from time to time, and you could see today he had the confidence to be scoring goals. I just really hope people talk more about his goal rather than his miss, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

AVB's subs were also very positive, especially Anelka for Lampard and going to a 4-2-3-1/4-2-4. I'm glad he brought Lukaku on, although he couldn't really get into the game, but I'm hoping he gets more of a chance to settle in, in the Carling Cup. Anelka was very good for 20-25 mins and then started dropping really deep, as usual.

Sturridge was disappointing, but he's young still and the big games could be difficult for him.

Mata very good for 80 minutes until the game slowed down. He was poor for Utd's second goal, but that's not all his fault because Nani should have been closed down.

And the overall play was very fluid and showed a lot of promise for the rest of the season.

I think a fair result would have been a draw, but we lost and we just have to get on with it and hopefully get 3 points against Swansea.

I genuinely think Torres can kick on now.

Sorry i have to disagree that a draw would have been a fair result, if both sides had taken their big chances it would have finished about 6-4

Wow... saying he's your best defender is taking it a tad too far don't you think?

I mean in this game. No not taking too far. He was our best defender followed by Jones, Evra then Valencia played really well as RB.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

People are taking about open goal misses but we hit wood work twice too. Superb open game, it was like Arsenal Vs United which we lost 2-1 with 2 Nasri goals and Rafael goal.

Now do you understand what I ment seeing his open goal miss? :p nah joking I was harsh on him he had a good game today and hopefully thats el ninos first of many this season.

Thing is, there's been worse misses

[video=youtube;kiVq5-u7MH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVq5-u7MH0[/video]

One of those things.

Guess the consolation for Torres is that, the player who missed plays for the team he formerly wore a shirt for.

What a game. Another day I could be feeling fantastic but, unfortunately, feeling pretty distraught. If all chance were taken then United would maybe of still come out with the win but to not get a point today leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Like others have said; Torres had a fantastic game and think this is the Torres of old, however this will be remembered for that miss which was terrible and cant beat around that, but people miss them from time to time and, unfortunately it had to be the 50 million pound man as the media will have a field day with that.

Was very pleased that AVB played attacking football today against probably the best team in the world at the moment on there form and it almost paid off - Ramires really should of scored early on but just another bit of misfortune today.

Was pleased to see Lukaku bought on but think he was playing too wide and would of rather of seen him in the middle with Torres, however he will settle in to AVB plans and be a fantastic player with more game time - like in the Carling cup as Chris said. Wasn't happy with Mikel today for his short period of play. Didn't look bothered and when United were clean through he was jogging back while others were desperate to defend, luckily Berbs missed this time.

Were still in early stages of AVB plans so was a great performance and, on another day, could have got many goals. Was one of those days. Credit where it's due though as Man U were, yet again, exceptional - some of there passing today was great and they're so quick to break!

Must hope Torres carries on and that miss doesnt destroy him again so that him, and the club, can carry on and keep up with Man U then ponce when they slip up.

An odd game, but a great game!

Sorry i have to disagree that a draw would have been a fair result, if both sides had taken their big chances it would have finished about 6-4

I disagree also, but I'd have to watch the match again to see what I think the score would have been had everyone taken their chances. But I also meant on general play, not just chances on goal.

[video=youtube;ppSlqrbVn30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSlqrbVn30&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I am never going to forget the look on Sir Alex Ferguson's face when Nani scored till I die!

Bizarre game, really was. Could've ended 8-8 in the end. Although we lost I'm pleased with the amount of chances we were able to make but then again, at the back we were so so open. 3-0 at HT was a tad harsh considering the way we played & two of the goals being offside, and one a freak goal.

And Torres, had his blonde hair back, was making good runs and got a good goal. Then the miss, all the confidence will be gone.

Oh and the tackle by Cole was really really nasty. Should've been off imo and I don't know why a pen wasn't given.

This got only yellow.

MUvCHE_FuckOffAshley.gif