Manchester United vs Marseille - 15/3 Champions League 2nd Leg

Shaky victory. We have to get a Schalke or Shaktar. Atm we are incapable of even beating spurs. Need a favourable draw

Shahktar are u insane!!! The're lethal this season the best draw would be Schalke or Lyon if they go through ahead of Real Madrid

The best draw would actually be Copenhagen but eh don't see it happening

Qualified Teams

Barcelona
Tottenham
Schalke
Shahktar
Man Utd
Inter
Copenhagen or Chelsea (don't see much hope for Copenhagen)
Lyon or Real Madrid (Lyon could easily go through if they perform well)

Best draw for us imo would be:

1. Copenhagen (possible)
2. Schalke
3. Lyon (possible)
4. Tottenham
5. Inter
6. Shahktar
7. Chelsea (possible)
8. Real Madrid (possible)
9. Barcelona (just pray we don't meet them)

All qualified teams except maybe Schalke are very, very good so it will be a very tough quarter final for all teams.

hardly gives away chances, apart from recent weeks when we have been depleted. we would certainly give a better defensive account away from that yourselves, and we are a huge threat to any side at home, suggest you actually go back through our european away games and re watch them

Well we coped fairly well at the Nou Camp this year for 47 mins until one of our players did something stupid. Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure Arsenal have the best away record (or 2nd best) in the league.

Arsenal's defensive issues really aren't as bad as everyone makes out.

I'm not denying you'd be a threat at home (Although OM could easily have won today), but I believe Barca would beat you at the Nou Camp because Utd really haven't been that good away this season.

Would love to see a Spurs vs Real Madrid quarter final..

That would be insanely offensive!

Shahktar are u insane!!! The're lethal this season the best draw would be Schalke or Lyon if they go through ahead of Real Madrid

The best draw would actually be Copenhagen but eh don't see it happening

Qualified Teams

Barcelona
Tottenham
Schalke
Shahktar
Man Utd
Inter
Copenhagen or Chelsea (don't see much hope for Copenhagen)
Lyon or Real Madrid (Lyon could easily go through if they perform well)

Best draw for us imo would be:

1. Copenhagen (possible)
2. Schalke
3. Lyon (possible)
4. Tottenham
5. Inter
6. Shahktar
7. Chelsea (possible)
8. Real Madrid (possible)
9. Barcelona (just pray we don't meet them)

All qualified teams except maybe Schalke are very, very good so it will be a very tough quarter final for all teams.

DId you just say Schalke is bad?

They ****-raped Lyon in Gelsenkirchen, and weren't lucky to win in Lyon.

They played 1:1 with Valencia on Mestalla, and then WON 3:1 in Gelsenkirchen...

If I was you, I'd hope for Lyon to go through and then to get them, cause they just recently lost Bastos for the rest of the season...

Actually i said yo would win the first leg, so did DMF....

Settling for something is completely different to setting out for something,,, I thought that was clear.

But you would SET OUT not to lose the game, no? I doubt SAF would go to the Nou Camp and attack.

I'd take anyone really, but would prefer to avoid Real Madrid or Barcelona. But if we got them, I think we're capable of beating them without a doubt.

But you would SET OUT not to lose the game, no? I doubt SAF would go to the Nou Camp and attack.

I doubt Man. Utd would do any better than arsenal at camp nou...
actually i doubt any english club could do good at camp nou

Well we coped fairly well at the Nou Camp this year for 47 mins until one of our players did something stupid. Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure Arsenal have the best away record (or 2nd best) in the league.

Arsenal's defensive issues really aren't as bad as everyone makes out.

I'm not denying you'd be a threat at home (Although OM could easily have won today), but I believe Barca would beat you at the Nou Camp because Utd really haven't been that good away this season.
we dont need to be good, we need to defensively tight, wiich we usually are away from homein europe (that is the key point here), and against barca, our record against them is even in results, they lead by two goals in GD i believe. you were getting overrun in parts, more than we would allow at any rate

He would go to the Nou Camp with an aim to WIN the game... No doubt about it, in my Mind. We always go to WIN games, never just to draw.

Anyone would go to the nou camp set out not to lose. It would be stupid otherwise

I doubt Man. Utd would do any better than arsenal at camp nou...
actually i doubt any english club could do good at camp nou
last time we were there we shut them out.

we dont need to be good, we need to defensively tight, wiich we usually are away from homein europe (that is the key point here), and against barca, our record against them is even in results, they lead by two goals in GD i believe. you were getting overrun in parts, more than we would allow at any rate

Fair point. I stick to my guns though - whatever the result at OT, I think Barca would beat you at the Nou Camp.

For what's it worth, I felt we were overran in the final 20/30 mins when we had 10 men and were absolutely knackered, rather than in the 1st half when they tried and largely failed to pass through us.

I don't think Man Utd should really be fearing anyone. The current squad has a really good winning mentality. Despite often playing poorly, they have a habit of grinding out good results. The 2 legs against Marseille show that they can progress whilst far from their best.

Saying that, I do think Barcelona would beat them!

last time we were there we shut them out.

Remind me, how much did you lose against them in the final in 2009?

I know they had help from the referees during the whole competition (as they still do) but remind me of the final scoreline

DId you just say Schalke is bad?

They ****-raped Lyon in Gelsenkirchen, and weren't lucky to win in Lyon.

They played 1:1 with Valencia on Mestalla, and then WON 3:1 in Gelsenkirchen...

If I was you, I'd hope for Lyon to go through and then to get them, cause they just recently lost Bastos for the rest of the season...

I didn't mean they were bad I was just saying that of the teams that are likely to qualify they would probably be the easiest not saying they would be easy but I think we could beat them although I think we could beat anyone if we're on our game including the invincible Barcelona

Anyone would go to the nou camp set out not to lose. It would be stupid otherwise

But then you're changing your strategy, which is the key point.

He would go to the Nou Camp with an aim to WIN the game... No doubt about it, in my Mind. We always go to WIN games, never just to draw.

I disagree tbh, clearly, though, we're not going to agree here.

I know they had help from the referees during the whole competition (as they still do) but remind me of the final scoreline

2-0, outplayed by the best team in the world. Nothing to be ashamed of

now are you trolling or trying to miss the point? espiecially since that was at a neutral venue in a one off game, and not a two legged tie...

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Fair point. I stick to my guns though - whatever the result at OT, I think Barca would beat you at the Nou Camp.

For what's it worth, I felt we were overran in the final 20/30 mins when we had 10 men and were absolutely knackered, rather than in the 1st half when they tried and largely failed to pass through us.
maybe so, but we would keep it tighter away and causr all sorts of trouble at home. not saying we could be favourites, but the odds would be closer than i feel you give us credit for

now are you trolling or trying to miss the point? espiecially since that was at a neutral venue in a one off game, and not a two legged tie...

A bit of both

I know you played 1:0 at home (you won 1:0 at home) and played 0:0 away.

But that was like 3 years ago, while half of United players had more stamina, more pace and more energy to pull of something like that, and Barca weren't even close to being the strongest team in Europe / in the world back then