Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard's was unintentional though oO)
at no point does he need his elbows that high up. and his actually catches welbeck in the jaw. if anything his was more dangerous than rooneys. both were deserving of 3 match bans

Had he struck him in the jaw it may have broken. It was a very dangerous incident, haven't a clue how United fans can defend him. But, use are United so you definitely deserve special treatment.

Read above, I believe me and Mike. both said he deserves to be punished? It's not like this rule has been created just for us, it's others saying it should be changed because it's United.

How about Gerrard's assault on a DJ in a bar? That wasn't even on the field, and yet Rooney's the thug?

Had he struck him in the jaw it may have broken. It was a very dangerous incident, haven't a clue how United fans can defend him. But, use are United so you definitely deserve special treatment.
FFS grow up. no one is defending him, actually read peoples posts, and dont bang on about special treatment

Special treatment?
I'm struggling to see how thinking the fa should be consistent with how they've dealt with the majority of these situation and not ban him as the referee dealt with it at the time, is asking for special treatment?

I think you may be being a biased ****.

Whatever use say, wouldn't even be arsed to try and have a debate with use seeing as I get told to 'grow up' and get needlesly insulted.

Read above, I believe me and Mike. both said he deserves to be punished? It's not like this rule has been created just for us, it's others saying it should be changed because it's United.

How about Gerrard's assault on a DJ in a bar? That wasn't even on the field, and yet Rooney's the thug?

Quote me where I said Rooney was a thug please pal. :)

Yer i cant see them taking this any further at all. The PL like to back their refs and it will be the same for this incident too.
agreed. he derserves the ban, but the ref should have got it right the first time, and they shouldnt take a shortcut becuase they messed it up both on the pitch and with their retrospective rule

Whatever use say, wouldn't even be arsed to try and have a debate with use seeing as I get told to 'grow up' and get needlesly insulted.

Quote me where I said Rooney was a thug please pal. :)

Wasn't directed at you, but many people have said it in this thread. And also just a fact, I'm sure you defended Gerrard during that incident, when frankly GBH in a bar is far worst than an on-field incident like Rooney's.

Wasn't directed at you, but many people have said it in this thread. And also just a fact, I'm sure you defended Gerrard during that incident, when frankly GBH in a bar is far worst than an on-field incident like Rooney's.

An off the field incident should surely be dealt with off the field though?

Why is it? He elbowed a poor lad in the head for no reason. Gerrard actually had an argument with the guy an was out on a night out and tempers flared.

meh back to the actual topic guys

This is the only tackle the FA have retrospectively punished when the Referee had already took action.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8b1pd3Mas"]YouTube - Ben Thatcher Elbow Foul On Pedro Mendes[/ame]

Why is it? He elbowed a poor lad in the head for no reason. Gerrard actually had an argument with the guy an was out on a night out and tempers flared.

And you know it's for no reason, how? You don't know if he said something to him in the tunnel to provoke him later and flare his temper.

And contact made in a contact sport rather than actually just plain beating someone up in public? Thanks for proving my point that you'd defend him though, can we stop blindly saying ridiculous things like "how can they even defend him" or "they'll get away with it because they're United"

Many fans say he should be banned, but why should a rule be changed so a United player can get banned? It's okay to say United get away with everything and rules don't apply to them, and then hankering for rules to be changed because it's United? Yay for double standards.

The rule's stupid, doesn't mean it should be changed mid-season because it's Rooney and the media love to scapegoat him.

And you know it's for no reason, how? You don't know if he said something to him in the tunnel to provoke him later and flare his temper.

And contact made in a contact sport rather than actually just plain beating someone up in public? Thanks for proving my point that you'd defend him though, can we stop blindly saying ridiculous things like "how can they even defend him" or "they'll get away with it because they're United"

Many fans say he should be banned, but why should a rule be changed so a United player can get banned? It's okay to say United get away with everything and rules don't apply to them, and then hankering for rules to be changed because it's United? Yay for double standards.

The rule's stupid, doesn't mean it should be changed mid-season because it's Rooney and the media love to scapegoat him.

I didnt defend him your just jumping to conclusions. I said that its not different. So if anything I said Gerrard was a bad as Rooney but Gerrard wasn't on the football pitch an anything could of happened that night for the fight to start. Even if he was provoked (which i doubt) why didn't he just get him back with a hard tackle or something. He looked scared an confused an it was harsh simple as.

Contact sport? The lad didn't even have the ball so that excuse is the biggest joke ive ever heard in my life.

Last edited:
we're going off the point here. to be honest the argument is pretty set in stone here. he deserves a ban, the ref screwed up by giving a free kick ( if he doeent see it then its poor but action can be taken). By FA and FIFA's own (incredibly stupid) rules, retrospective action cant and shouldnt be taken. To call for the rule to be ignored midseason smacks of total double standard, and would show complete inconsistency.

Now we await Clattenburg's report tomorrow

Last edited:
just proves how biast you are comparing gerrards to rooneys, gerrard was going in for a header, yes i agree it was a red card for using his elbow but no way was it as bad as rooneys, rooney wasnt jumping, he ran past him and elbowed him intentionaly. unlike gerrard

Has Rooney even apologised to McCarthy?

Nevermind the behaviour of Rooney, McCarthy is lucky he didn't get injured badly. Feel sorry for the lad.

I dont think one action makes you a thug, but what rooney did was horrible, up there with de jong's karate kick. He deserves a ban for what he did.

just proves how biast you are comparing gerrards to rooneys, gerrard was going in for a header, yes i agree it was a red card for using his elbow but no way was it as bad as rooneys, rooney wasnt jumping, he ran past him and elbowed him intentionaly. unlike gerrard
i havent shown any bias at all. gerrard has very high elbow that strikes welbeck in the face. they are both red cards with 3 match bans = as bad as each other

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Has Rooney even apologised to McCarthy?

Nevermind the behaviour of Rooney, McCarthy is lucky he didn't get injured badly. Feel sorry for the lad.
not lucky, it wasnt a particular forceful elbow on the ear. in terms of danger/injury the other example shows welbeck caught full in the face, a lot worse. still no excuse

i havent shown any bias at all. gerrard has very high elbow that strikes welbeck in the face. they are both red cards with 3 match bans = as bad as each other

No one can prove 100% Gerrard meant it (not saying he didn't mean it before you all jump on me). I used to jump all the time with my hand in the air (don't ask) I didn't purposely do it, it was just natrual.

Rooney ran past him and elbowed him purposely (off the ball) so therefore Rooneys is a lot worse. To try an argue its not is just silly mate.

No one can prove 100% Gerrard meant it (not saying he didn't mean it before you all jump on me). I used to jump all the time with my hand in the air (don't ask) I didn't purposely do it, it was just natrual.

Rooney ran past him and elbowed him purposely (off the ball) so therefore Rooneys is a lot worse. To try an argue its not is just silly mate.
again, where i have argued it. read my post. it doesnt particular matter on the intention. gerrard's elbow at no point needs to be that high, thats dangerous/reckess play = 3 match ban. Rooney elbowed him off the ball, violent conduct = 3 match ban

either way the severity or cause isnt even the argument here. the ruling is

Status
Not open for further replies.