Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 261
  • Views Views 12K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Injure him? FFS get a grip.

You, sir, are the most delusional, biased man I've ever come across. DMF has at least made some very valid points, you've just sat there and sullied everyone else's opinions. :@

Yes, Materazzi pulled his shirt, Zidane said "you can have my shirt after the game", Materazzi said "I would rather have your sister". Zidane heatbuted him.

lol yeah that was it but if that was in a back street wouldnt someone else do the same plus it was a big game and things were heated enough already,i wouldnt call him a thug just for that one action,i think he is a legend and was one of the best footy players to have ever played the game just a shame his career ended like that

joey barton is a total thug on and off the pitch thats one player i dispise and should be banned from playing,how many chances can one guy have

Do you think Rooney as a Thug for one elbow or whatever reasons..

If so What do you think about Gerrard?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Injure him? FFS get a grip.

Gerrard - don't like him personally, like him footballing wise. [Irrelevant]

Rooney - as said Im not getting into this, as I couldn't be arsed to go into an argument with you two.

He didn't try to tickle him.

It's not a very big one. He hardly touched him, McCarthy didn't even complain afterwards. He just carried on playing. If he had knocked him out fair enough, or even swelled up his eye then fair enough. But he didn't even mark the lad. It's hardly a major incident and it's overshadowed what was a great win for United.

Whether or not he 'barely' touched him is irrelevant, he intended to elbow him and could have severely injured him. I think it is a major incident, and in my eyes, Rooney has ruined his team-mates performance in a very good win.

You, sir, are the most delusional, biased man I've ever come across. DMF has at least made some very valid points, you've just sat there and sullied everyone else's opinions. :@

Is that an opinion? Sigh,,

Yes, it warrants a red card and a ban unless McCarthy said something like 'Hey Wayne, my nan says she's free tonight, she's only a tenner', but i don't think he would of done something like that so yes it is a ban as there was no reason for it but just because he did this one thing that does not make him a 'thug', the same goes for DJ Campbell as he was provoked as he was pushed twice off the ball and he just flipped, he has a ban and so should Rooney.

Jeez. it was not even a proper elbow and people are here saying that Rooney intended to injure McCarthy and expect a good debate here.

That was nothing incident, deserved red card. Thats it. .Talk about blowing out of proportion..

Whether or not he 'barely' touched him is irrelevant, he intended to elbow him and could have severely injured him. I think it is a major incident, and in my eyes, Rooney has ruined his team-mates performance in a very good win.

It probably wasn't accidental, but it's possible that he just raised his arm to get past him (as defenders do when a striker is getting away and they put their arm across the attackers chest?) Yes farfetched, but definitely possible.

Anyway, we're not going to agree on this, so we'll agree to disagree I guess.

I still don't think he's a thug though.

lol yeah that was it but if that was in a back street wouldnt someone else do the same plus it was a big game and things were heated enough already,i wouldnt call him a thug just for that one action,i think he is a legend and was one of the best footy players to have ever played the game just a shame his career ended like that

joey barton is a total thug on and off the pitch thats one player i dispise and should be banned from playing,how many chances can one guy have

I agree he was a Legend with a nasty side though he got sent off alot for stamping.

I dont think Rooney is a thug he is just a stupid man as he proved in the world cup.

Errr...that didn't make sense. :S

I dont even consider your posts as opinions to counter them. All you did is to pretend something serious has happened and overreacted.

Attacked, Tried to injure. Sigh, All you missed was a punch and half murder.

It probably wasn't accidental, but it's possible that he just raised his arm to get past him (as defenders do when a striker is getting away and they put their arm across the attackers chest?) Yes farfetched, but definitely possible.

Anyway, we're not going to agree on this, so we'll agree to disagree I guess.

I still don't think he's a thug though.

It certainly is possible that he did that, but I think it's very unlikely.

Well, clearly, neither of us is going to agree on this so fair enough, agree to disagree.

I was simply stating that the media have jumped on it when he was saying they wouldn't.

I'm fairly sure you're wrong there as there have been lots of cases where it's been blatantly clear when you watch it back that they were wrong but as they saw it and included it in the match report nothing can be done.

Thats bullshit to be fair. If you can find one example of that happening i'll be amazed.

Dermot Gallagher gave Thatcher a yellow card for an elbow on Mendes in 2006, this was overruled (I'm fairly sure he put it in writing that he'd make a mistake but can't find a reference for that), the FA overruled the yellow card and gave him an 8 match ban. Also the Williamson incident, where the referee was looking in the direction of the clash/possible dive, didn't give anything at the time but then retrospectively deemed it a red card after the game, resulting in the FA giving him a 3 game ban.

I dont even consider your posts as opinions to counter them. All you did is to pretend something serious has happened and overreacted.

Oh dear lord, help me. How was I over reacting? He elbowed him, and it's very serious misconduct.

You think 'tried to injure' is ridiculous? What do you think he was trying to do, scratch him?

*sigh* You're not even worth it, d'you know that? :L

So why do you think he elbowed him?

Thanks for sparing then.

Anyways my thoughts on this incident.

Deserved a Red Card? Yes
Deserved a ban? Yes

Ref saw the incident: Yes
So will it be against FA rules if he is banned now:? Yes

And cant argue on half arsed "OMGAWD Rooney tried to kill someone, Rooney is a thug" posts anymore..

And I'm not interested in quoting anyone. If you lot think Elbowing is trying to injure then cant help.

Last edited:
Everyone saying he shouldn't be banned because the ref saw it, that has got to be the most stupid rule in football the FA should remove it immediately. At the end of the day he elbowed someone in the head for no reason, if I did that in the street I would be arrested so he should be at least banned.

And cant argue on half arsed "OMGAWD Rooney tried to kill someone, Rooney is a thug" posts anymore..

And I'm not interested in quoting anyone. If you lot think Elbowing is trying to injure then cant help.

Lulz.

I don't no why some Man U supporters are trying to defend his behavior

he intentionally elbowed someone in the head he wasn't provoked he wasn't pushed/shoved like DJ

Rooney has always been a thug in my book

theres a difference between being hotheaded and a thug

Hotheaded is when you react to a situation in a violente manner (DJ Campbell)

Thug is a person who goes out to purposefully hurt some one which is exactly what Rooney did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back