Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the Rooney elbow for the first time and its just amazing how Clattenburg gives a free-kick which indicates he saw somthing but no red card was given. There is no excuse for Rooneys actions what so ever, with Utd down to 10men at 0-0 away from home then it would of given Wigan a much better chance of getting somthing out the game. I dont think the PremierLeague will take action but they should, i would say a 3game ban as it should have been a straight red.

Just saw the Rooney elbow for the first time and its just amazing how Clattenburg gives a free-kick which indicates he saw somthing but no red card was given. There is no excuse for Rooneys actions what so ever, with Utd down to 10men at 0-0 away from home then it would of given Wigan a much better chance of getting somthing out the game. I dont think the PremierLeague will take action but they should, i would say a 3game ban as it should have been a straight red.
they cant take action, here what i said earlier:

1) deserved a red card, no one is denying that

2) referee saw it, under FIFA and the FA's own rules, because the ref has seen it, they cant take retrospective action, any attempt to do would be utter double standard

3) becuase of 2 Rooney shouldnt, and cant be banned, even though he deserves too.

2) referee saw it, under FIFA and the FA's own rules, because the ref has seen it, they cant take retrospective action, any attempt to do would be utter double standard

3) becuase of 2 Rooney shouldnt, and cant be banned, even though he deserves too.

Apparently they can ban him depending on Clattenburg's report to the FA.

Apparently they can ban him depending on Clattenburg's report to the FA.
this will be interesting because he has clearly given the free kick. therefore he has either seen it, or totally guessed. which smacks on terrible reffing either way

Is it true they overruled the Mendes - Thatcher incident?
Yes but Mendes was left unconcious and in hospital by Thatchers challenge, which was so bad his own club gave him a 6 game ban before the FA took any action.

They're really not in the same league. Thatcher's challenge was an exception due to the severity of it.

Is it true they overruled the Mendes - Thatcher incident?

What he said Mike^^^ They done it before, i think if the action could be classed as assault then they can do somthing about it. Obviosly Clattenburn didnt see the full offence so if he tells the PL that if he did see the full challenge then he would have produced a redcard then maybe the will do somthing about it. Like you say its very doutful though.

What he said Mike^^^ They done it before, i think if the action could be classed as assault then they can do somthing about it. Obviosly Clattenburn didnt see the full offence so if he tells the PL that if he did see the full challenge then he would have produced a redcard then maybe the will do somthing about it. Like you say its very doutful though.
not even in the same league, it's about as bad as gerrard on welbeck

this will be interesting because he has clearly given the free kick. therefore he has either seen it, or totally guessed. which smacks on terrible reffing either way

That's what the FA are after, if he gave a free kick he saw something, can imagine the FA roasting him. Apparently he told Martinez at half time he saw it and thought it was just a "coming together".

I doubt they're going to overturn the decision, he clearly saw it, was just poor refereeing, but that's why the rule is stupid and should go.

He is a woeful ref, seems that he likes the media spotlight. Him giving the free-kick indicates he saw the challenge but i dout he did, the ball was nowhere near Rooney so he shouldnt have seen it really.

Yes but Mendes was left unconcious and in hospital by Thatchers challenge, which was so bad his own club gave him a 6 game ban before the FA took any action.

They're really not in the same league. Thatcher's challenge was an exception due to the severity of it.

Rooney could have easily broken McCarthy's jaw..

That's what the FA are after, if he gave a free kick he saw something, can imagine the FA roasting him. Apparently he told Martinez at half time he saw it and thought it was just a "coming together".

I doubt they're going to overturn the decision, he clearly saw it, was just poor refereeing, but that's why the rule is stupid and should go.
its a terrible rule. even though hes our player he definitely deserves 3 match ban. but it needs to be done the right way, and not just on a whim becuase they bollocks it up in the first place

It was right in his line of view though, if he gave a free kick he must have seen it and let him off or guessed and gave the free kick. What's he going to do, tell the FA that he guessed, was poor refereeing and they should overturn his decision? I imagine Rooney will be get away with it due to Clattenburg saving his own skin.

Rooney could have easily broken McCarthy's jaw..
not really, it was glancing from the side, and it actually takes lot of force to break a jaw, again aboout as bad as gerrard on welbeck

It was right in his line of view though, if he gave a free kick he must have seen it and let him off or guessed and gave the free kick. What's he going to do, tell the FA that he guessed, was poor refereeing and they should overturn his decision? I imagine Rooney will be get away with it due to Clattenburg saving his own skin.

Yer i cant see them taking this any further at all. The PL like to back their refs and it will be the same for this incident too.

No. He couldn't have.
He hit his ear.

Had he struck him in the jaw it may have broken. It was a very dangerous incident, haven't a clue how United fans can defend him. But, use are United so you definitely deserve special treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.