MONSTROUS PLUG & PLAY

As i said in a previous post, i started to use it on December, i had mostly good results, but my players always like to play better in the CL. I lost the championship and win the CL.

View attachment 265126

Is there a corner set up for this formation that scores like a 4-3-3's set-up? Because I have tried many configs, even the same for a 433 but I can't find the correct one :S. Or is it that this tactics doesn't generate so many corners?

Is there a corner set up for this formation that scores like a 4-3-3's set-up? Because I have tried many configs, even the same for a 433 but I can't find the correct one :S. Or is it that this tactics doesn't generate so many corners?

i got 19 goals from corners after 22 games in my man utd save. just make sure the right or left back takes them.

Last edited:
i got 19 goals from corners after 22 games in my man utd save. just make sure the right or left back takes them.

Yes. I put RB/LB to take them but I don't see the ML/MR passing to one of my MCs that are attacking ball from far :S like in a 433 formation.

Oh Man...i didnot read the waste time version :S....must have missed it...thanks totalfootballfan9...and i am not blaming your tactic because using the same tactic with Leicester City in the Premier League and its doing gr8...

Anyone can post the result with a weak team? For example Burnley, Leiceister, Fullham,... in the 1st season.

read the thread. there's been multiple posts from succesfull seasons with lesser teams.

No, there isn't 4-3-3's consistently score the most from corners, the STCR and STRL just behave differently on default. Unfortunately this can't be replicated with any other formation even with the same settings. TFF has worked hard to make the corners as good as they can be for this formation.

Questions:

1) Does it make any difference if central defensive midfielder is on right side of midfield and box-to-boxer on left side? Or I can swap them around if my b2b prefers right side and DM left one? Or I shouldn't even care about what side player prefers?

2) Is it more important to have good forward or wingers? Better to use the best player in team who is good on both - wing and centre forward on which of those positions? Assuming the 2nd choice of forward and winger are equally good to each other ofc.

Wondering the same mate!. I'm Hoffenheim and I don't know if I should use Kevin Volland at Central Foward or Right Wing..

i think volland would rock that right winger spot. di maria won golden boot and depay was 3th. my striker does decent but nothing compared to RM and LM. anyone who has a striker that overperforms?

I have Icardi upfront, and he won Prem top scorer for my aston villa with 30 goals. If u got two wingers who are gonna shoot from long range instead of passing then obviously your striker isn't gonna score as many.

Use Alexis upfront and buy Depay for LW or buy forward (which?) and keep Alexis on LW?

i think volland would rock that right winger spot. di maria won golden boot and depay was 3th. my striker does decent but nothing compared to RM and LM. anyone who has a striker that overperforms?
The performance of the striker depends on his quality but ML/MR positions always get additional boost to their performance from "short corner" setup because they play crucial role in it(they get additional goals and assistance from it) so these positions always will have advantage above the striker and AMC positions because of "short corner".

For example, here's a 30 matches test with Barca.

Fitness/Condition and Morale of the players were frozen and the same starting eleven was used for 30 matches.

Messi was set to take penalties(obviously it gives additional goals).

"Short corner" was used during the test but "Long Flat Throw-ins" wasn't used during the test so there could be additional goals from "Long Flat Throw-in".

As you can see Messi scored the most goals and made the most assistances and had the highest average rating after 30 matches.

Neymar and Pedro weren't able to beat Messi even Neymar and Pedro had additional advantage from "short corner"... so as you can see performance of the players has strong connection with his attributes.

View attachment 264812

messipertest.png

Last edited:
What do u do with the OI? And do u change the mentality, depends on who your opponent is?

TFF - Loving Monsterous V2, but one thing I have noticed it that the opposition seem to be creating a alot more chances against me. Still getting great results, although conceding a bit more than before. Is this something you have noticed? The only other thing I'm finding is that I have a bit less possession than with V1 also.

TFF - Loving Monsterous V2, but one thing I have noticed it that the opposition seem to be creating a alot more chances against me. Still getting great results, although conceding a bit more than before. Is this something you have noticed? The only other thing I'm finding is that I have a bit less possession than with V1 also.
Mate, V2 is better! :) I don't observe it concede more or has worse possession. ;)

TFF keep up the good work pal. which tactic would you recommend. this or EXECUTIONER. im currently using V6 but which would you recommend?:)

Back