thanks a lot for that. i will test it. been looking around for a consistent arsenal tactic for a while now. hopefully it works. or dou you think your chelsea tatic will be a better fit for arsenal? which one is better? again.thanks a lot!

It's hard to say. This one will use Cazorla's playmaking ability whilst the other one will focus primarily on the pace of Walcott & Gervinho. You can add both of them as tactics if you wish and see which one gets the job done better in your opinion.

After the tactic becomes fluid on match preparation using "Tactics Only", what do you switch the match preparation over to?
Att. Movement, Def. Positioning etc?
Attacking Movement.
If you're obviously conceding a lot of goals whilst scoring a lot, then Def will be your better bet. I'd suggest you just base this around your teams strengths and weaknesses.
If you're playing with madrid though, Attacking movement will be the most beneficial definitely.

Can you recreate Inter 4231 2009/2010?
Jose Special One :D Epic name!
I will recreate the Inter 4-2-3-1. I actually had made it in FM12 so I'll try to dig it out and see what I can do after I get some free time. Gotta revise now for exams n shizz :3

My game keeps breaking so I'm going to have to start again :(, anyway. I was 6-0-0 in the league and 2-0-0 in the CL lol.

Going to be Milan again, but edit the data and make Pato not injured every day lol

Everytime I try and download this tactic (no matter which browser I use), I get a connection error. I had the same problem with the Chelsea tactic but somebody eventually posted one that worked, anybody got any suggestions?

Looks Great man, but i think that Pipita Higauin is a Classic Poacher, and this is the way he play in real... so i think you need to change that part in the tactic.

This is a very good tactic mate....
Just wondering where would u play neymar in this tactic? I put him in IF position but so far he's been trying to shoot from distance and i have to say very poor.........i'm currently teaching him to shoot from distance now so i hope he will improve......

Therefore is it wise to put "shoot from distance" rarely? (IF position)

and i keep conceded even though i was like 2-0 or 3-0 up near the final part of the match but i do end up winning.....

Just wondering where would u play neymar in this tactic? I put him in IF position but so far he's been trying to shoot from distance and i have to say very poor.........i'm currently teaching him to shoot from distance now so i hope he will improve......

and i keep conceded even though i was like 2-0 or 3-0 up near the final part of the match but i do end up winning.....
just give him a time.
same thing with my hazard for chelsea but everything will be change in 2nd season he play really good.

Last edited:

Neymar is still young & obviously won't be as prolific as Ronaldo or Messi etc. Give him another season.
With regards to conceding within the final part of the match, if it was the tactic's fault you would too be conceding throughout the rest of the game too. My suggestion is to do something after you're winning and hit the 80th minute mark or whatever to try and counter whatever the opposition is doing (since they might change their gameplan and YOLO it hence why you end up conceding) since remember there's another manager with touchline instructions too. You won't need to do anything drastic, a "drop deeper" shout or "retain possession" shout here & there won't hurt :) and should help the conceding issue.

Wonderful tactic!! Thats just how Real Madrid plays and you will get the most out of almost every player.

Funny thing, ive been using an IDENTICAL tactic in Football Manager since 2010 with my beloved Real Madrid. Also uses Ronaldo slightly higher up to get the most out of him infront of goal. However since the arrival of the magical Luka Modric i have been thorn how to play him. Whether he or Özil should be played on the wing and what role would fit the best. Decided to let Modric play central either as an attacking midfielder or AP. Have been using Özil on the flank therefore, and did not know what to expect at first but has played him as AP sometimes and inside forward aswell. And ive been getting really great result!

Im using three different versions of the tactic, an "copy" of the one you are using, one with more defensive midfielders and one with slightly more offensive midfielders. All of them are working GREAT! When the time goes on Alonso wont be getting any younger and his stats might fall. So a suggestion is to start playing Luka Modric as DLP - support. Puts in worldclass efforts! So that will alove you to either purchase a new right winger to play or use Di Maria in that position.

Great job with the tactic!!

Yeah and in the matches that you know you will have an big advantage example. At home against almost every team in La Liga and some in the Champions League and maybe away against weaker teams. You might want to try to use Sami Khedira as box-to-box midfielder, just like he plays in reality, so you can get the most out of him. Im using him as BWM - support - sometimes aswell and it is making him set up more goals and score some. Might move Alonso down to DM and use him there as a DLP. Alot of small changes you can fo depending on which team you are facing!

Great Tactic

I have been using this tactic with PSG and its great... However I find that it sometimes takes longer than the first half to score a goal...

Any reason why... Other than that when your on a roll Ibra is a deadly player...

Yeah and in the matches that you know you will have an big advantage example. At home against almost every team in La Liga and some in the Champions League and maybe away against weaker teams. You might want to try to use Sami Khedira as box-to-box midfielder, just like he plays in reality, so you can get the most out of him. Im using him as BWM - support - sometimes aswell and it is making him set up more goals and score some. Might move Alonso down to DM and use him there as a DLP. Alot of small changes you can fo depending on which team you are facing!
True, I will definitely look into a lot of this :)
Obviously the roles I assigned at the time though were what I thought Madrid team when I watched them the night before xD

any shouts?
I believe I said Hassle Opponents & Get Stuck In in the OP, read the OP everything should be in there.

I have been using this tactic with PSG and its great... However I find that it sometimes takes longer than the first half to score a goal...

Any reason why... Other than that when your on a roll Ibra is a deadly player...
Slightly strange that it takes longer than the first half to score. I admit I haven't tested this on the new patches, but perhaps it could just be that you're up against strong opposition in the ligue 1?
How about you give me your starting 11 and I suggest where I think you can strengthen? Might help? :)

Can anybody confirm if this tactic still functions on the new match engine update released today?
Thanks! :)

do u have any secondary tactics you implement with your Madrid team?