Mr Hough Ft Mr Langvatn Tactic Thread.

Well, I just can't keep myself away from trying this tactic after all the hype :D

I just started a new career with Valencia (a pure FM classic for me), I was really tired of dominating the Dutch league every year and being at the same time kicked out from Europe for random reasons.

I will alternate this and 4-1-4-1 Rock, so feedback incoming ;)

gonna give this a try out over the weekend and let you now how i get on

I'll give this a try with my Scunthorpe United save. I suppose then we'll see if it works with a truly awful team :p

Used this in my Coventry game, I was in the championship around 6/7th place with about 32 games played to begin when I put the tactic in. Won 11 of the last 14 to secure automatic promotion.

Was working pretty well with Newcastle, beat liverpool and chelsea then just got smashed by derby county lol 6-1.

lol my first game, man utd vs man city , carrick is sent off at 30min, then evra is sent off at 48min,i win 3:2 at last...crazy

Do you take off the AMC or FC in the case of a sending off?

Started using it mid season in my Liverpool save and was suprised it was near enough fluid. Had a horrid 10games with it though. VERY close to the sack. Might go back to 4-1-4-1 Rock

I have one question.. Is 3 CM for box-to-box ??
I see your bayern squad, and you used shaqiri as MCL and I found that MC's mentality is defensive while MCR and MCL's mentality is offensive so MCL,MCR is for more attacking midfielder ??

Anyone have a link for the 4-1-4-1 Rock as I can't find it.
Cheers

GK Defend
CD Defend
FB Attack
DM Defend
MCR: CM Attack
MC: CM Automatic
MCL: CM Defend
AM Support
DLF Attack

Milan sucks with this tac ;x Atalanta 3:0 Milan ; Milan 1:3 Parma, etc ;/

one of very bad tactic i ever used, i'm sorry but this tactic is a ****

Why do you say something like that. Have you ever thought that the problem could be you?
It isn't a coincidence that Mr.Hough or Mr.Langvatn get good results with this tactic. Think about it.. What could be the problem, try to fix it and then react in this topic..

so far the tactic is great plug it in the middle of first season won championship with birmingham little budget and win FA vs. Man Utd on penalties... 2nd season lost community shield on penalties vs Man City.3 matches played 2wins 1 lose - lose agains Man City, win Newcastle home and Chelsea away so far great : ) another victory agains Everton

Last edited:
So far again very mixed results, I finished 8th in the league with Arsenal, but I won FA cup, League Cup and Champions League, it seems to struggle in the league but cup comps it wins without problems. I started almost half way in to the season so was not 100% fluid, I'll use it again for the whole season and see what it brings.