My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
I have 2 of yours on the waiting list.. which one should I go with?
Kaanoo 2 (totally possession def.2012 (Man City, Sep 2011)
Kaanoo 3 (Mr D' Catenaccio (Inter, Feb 2012)

it will be awhile though until give your 2nd a run..

2 tactic with 2 style of game, first like control-style and the second like counter-style, it's up to you

great.. thanks! got them all..

Hi a_ilfandy,
ehm.. Glad to see a lot Indonesian people here ^^)

Great thread mate, and love to see my tactic recommended. But if you can wait little bit longer, I'm in working about emulate Arsenal tactic this season (like I did last season [FM11] Emulate The (Better) Arsenal Tactic ). Cause my http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/88126-[fm12]-emulate-better-swansea-playing-style.html just no more than a "side-project". Just want my best tactic to join this awesome thread ;)

Regards,

Hi A_Ilfandy,

firstly, well done on creating this thread. in my opinion you have done a good job at limiting variables and trying to give comparable testing conditions. i have some questions / comments though:

1. you place 2 test teams in each of the 4 leagues, have you edited the opposition in each league (i.e. are the league opposition comparable)?;
2. if No then this is not a fair test, unless you essentially have a knock-out in each league, so that one tactic from each league progresses based on league performance (this doesn't appear to be what you are doing), and;
3. what happens if a players are injured at one of the test clubs?

finally, would it not be easier to follow your assessment method (ie using asst manager etc) but have one Master save and play each game several times, once for each tactic, then after say 10 to 15 games you could discard those not performing as well. this way the opposition (injuries etc) would be controlled, as would the players you have available. other variables, including weather conditions and player fitness and morale (yours and opponents) would be consistent between tests. admittedly, there wouldn't be the nice league table and cup format that keeps people, me included, interested.

Good job!

cheers
adam

hi adam,

first of all, thank you for your evaluations on my project..
before anything else, I hope I dont make the impression that 'I believe' that this project is flawless.. its obviously not.. you are not the first to remind me that some improvements can be made here.. but all I can say Is: this is all I can give into this project, due to my personal abilities, works, database editing skill, free time, Internet access, and personal life ofcourse..

if you just check on the earlier posts, u'll know that I faced couple of hiccups with my edited database gone crashing.. I've been screaming for help.. and finally this is the only edited database that works for me..

last fm season, i ran the tactics on teams like man u, chelsea, inter, milan, barca, and madrid.. then people complained that barca is too strong or chelsea is too weak.. or ‘we cant see this tactics face barca, man utd, etc…’
which is why i try creating teams with same players.. and so they can face the giants too.. now people complaining that the english league is too strong or the euro league is too weak.. keep in mind, the tactic wont ‘graduate’ just by winning the italian or the euro league only.. lets take Xenon's for example, his tactic yet to taste the curse of the english league..

injuries? That’s just part of the game.. nobody can control that.. I give them 25 good players each.. it may be not the ‘strongest first eleven ‘ but I believe its one of the best ‘25 man squad’ among all teams.. its reliabilty test for them if players like aguero or pique (both prominent goal scorers) are not available for few games.. good tactics can be effective with any of these players.. and all of those 25 players are good enough to be in the first team..

in any angle we look at this testing, this testing will never be fair.. just like the question of comparing guardiola with redknapp.. one in spain with one of the best squad in the world, and one in england with ‘only’ one of the best squad in england.. ATLEAST IN THIS TESTING I GIVE THEM ALL THE EXACT SAME SQUAD..

I hope I don’t sound bitter to you, its just that it really is difficult to please everybody...
anyway: if you or anyone else willing to create a better edited league format, then I’m more than pleased to use it.. I really do..

Hi mate..

I just thinking that you can make a world league like EPL, La Liga by putting the best team from all league in world including from Brazil and Argentina in only one league not separation league like you have done. In my opinion, the separation league still cannot produce a good tactic because they are played with different teams. So, it is nice if they meet all the best team surrounding the world in just one league. Just my opinion for further testing.

This is my new tactic. If you want to test it, I really appreciate it. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...training/88745-4-2-3-1-tottenham-hotspur.html

just like what I've just explained to adam, I'll be glad to change the format if someone willing to make me a better league format.. with the guarantee that it will run without crashes untill the end of the season..

my editing skill is sucks.. I'm done trying..

thanks for the tactic btw.. I'll let you know when I'm running it..

Hi a_ilfandy,
ehm.. Glad to see a lot Indonesian people here ^^)

Great thread mate, and love to see my tactic recommended. But if you can wait little bit longer, I'm in working about emulate Arsenal tactic this season (like I did last season [FM11] Emulate The (Better) Arsenal Tactic ). Cause my http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/88126-[fm12]-emulate-better-swansea-playing-style.html just no more than a "side-project". Just want my best tactic to join this awesome thread ;)

Regards,

hi rizka,

yeaa, I know.. I just hope they wont limit the number of 'non EU players' here.. haha..

well, if you say so, I will wait.. lemme know when you are done with it.. and good luck!

ROUND 3 RESULTS UPDATE!

THE LEAGUE:
KZXvY.png

THE CUP:

pmapF.png

HEAD TO HEAD:
TuRSi.png

Last edited:
hey bud, you are testing the same tactics just different versions of the 75% of the testers... why not give others a chance as well? plus I also dont think we should be using other tactics from members who are not even part of fm-base either.....

ROUND 3 RESULTS UPDATE!

nice,my tactic still score most in PRM league, position 4, but i lose so much ^^

oh, and i have a suggestion: the BEST RECORDS (IN ONE LEAGUE SEASON): ,you should make it for 4 league ( england, italy, spain and other team),
and 1 rough you should play 4 times, example: team A & B first played in PRM league, then span, italy and the other league, so people can see how each tactic worked in every league

Last edited:
nice,my tactic still score most in PRM league, position 4, but i lose so much ^^

oh, and i have a suggestion: the BEST RECORDS (IN ONE LEAGUE SEASON): ,you should make it for 4 league ( england, italy, spain and other team),
and 1 rough you should play 4 times, example: team A & B first played in PRM league, then span, italy and the other league, so people can see how each tactic worked in every league

Basically what he's trying to say is "keep my tactic in plzplzplzplzplz."

Basically what he's trying to say is "keep my tactic in plzplzplzplzplz."

very funny haha ;) i said before : my tactic is not a plug-and-play tactic, so even it doesn't work in this test, it's not a big deal :D just want to see how tactics work in each league

Still doing a great job! But I agree with Raikan you should give some other tactics a go..

I believe he does give other tactics a go. Every round there's always new tactics coming.

The ones he kept are the ones that are 'qualified' from the last round.
Qualified as in winning the league or cup.

So yeah I think it's a fair testing in terms of the intakes.
The 'surviving' ones are kept tested until they fail and eliminated.
And the empty slots from those who got knocked out from the league and cup are replaced by new tactics - which are the majority.

Regading the 'fairer' league seeding.
As you've noticed the EPL ones are almost always eliminated. And the ones in La Liga are dependent to the performance of Barca and Madrid. Meanwhile teams in group C and D are having relatively easier rides.
With that, the only solution I can come up with is to select 8 top teams duplicate them. So each groups has the same opponent.
But you've done this before and people still complains. So yeah, you just can't please everybody. :P
But I do love the current format though. It's very entertaining.

One crazy idea I had is putting all the tactics up against eachother in a full 20-team league only consisting these custom teams.
That, or, doing it but in the current format but all custom tactic teams. Again, just a wild idea.
That, however, seems like would just be for pure entertainment purposes and not much of a testing.

But then again, it is his thread and we should play by his rule.
Good Guy Greg here has been nice enough to spend all this time and effort to help testing it for us, so we should not really ask for even more.

P.S. If I'm not mistaken, I read you wanted some help in case you need to edit database and such; I can help you with that.
Been doing a lot of database for kaskus and need something to kill this free time over the summer. :p

EDIT: This is not a rant. I enjoy your work and I think as it is, is already great.
I'm just dying to reply seeing some of the comments here :P

Last edited:
I believe he does give other tactics a go. Every round there's always new tactics coming.

The ones he kept are the ones that are 'qualified' from the last round.
Qualified as in winning the league or cup.

So yeah I think it's a fair testing in terms of the intakes.
The 'surviving' ones are kept tested until they fail and eliminated.
And the empty slots from those who got knocked out from the league and cup are replaced by new tactics - which are the majority.

One thing I would suggest is probably a 'fairer' league seeding.
As you've noticed the EPL ones are almost always eliminated. And the ones in La Liga are dependent to the performance of Barca and Madrid.
Meanwhile teams in group C and D are having relatively easier rides.
The only solution I can come up with is to select 8 top teams duplicate them. So each groups has the same opponent.

But I do love the current format though. It's very entertaining.

One crazy idea I had is putting all the tactics up against eachother in a full 20-team league only consisting these custom teams.
That, or, doing it but in the current format. Again, just a wild idea.
That, however, seems like would just be for pure entertainment purposes and not much of a testing.

But then again, it is his thread and we should play by his rule.
Good Guy Greg here has been nice enough to spend all this time and effort to help testing it for us, so we should not really ask for even more.

P.S. If I'm not mistaken, I read you wanted some help in case you need to edit database and such; I can help you with that.
Been doing a lot of database for kaskus and need something to kill this free time over the summer. :p

Thats quite a brilliant idea- the 20 team one I mean. Would be full of entertainment. Agree with you about the Spanish and English Leagues being the hardest too...

hi adam,

first of all, thank you for your evaluations on my project..
before anything else, I hope I dont make the impression that 'I believe' that this project is flawless.. its obviously not.. you are not the first to remind me that some improvements can be made here.. but all I can say Is: this is all I can give into this project, due to my personal abilities, works, database editing skill, free time, Internet access, and personal life ofcourse..

if you just check on the earlier posts, u'll know that I faced couple of hiccups with my edited database gone crashing.. I've been screaming for help.. and finally this is the only edited database that works for me..

last fm season, i ran the tactics on teams like man u, chelsea, inter, milan, barca, and madrid.. then people complained that barca is too strong or chelsea is too weak.. or ‘we cant see this tactics face barca, man utd, etc…’
which is why i try creating teams with same players.. and so they can face the giants too.. now people complaining that the english league is too strong or the euro league is too weak.. keep in mind, the tactic wont ‘graduate’ just by winning the italian or the euro league only.. lets take Xenon's for example, his tactic yet to taste the curse of the english league..

injuries? That’s just part of the game.. nobody can control that.. I give them 25 good players each.. it may be not the ‘strongest first eleven ‘ but I believe its one of the best ‘25 man squad’ among all teams.. its reliabilty test for them if players like aguero or pique (both prominent goal scorers) are not available for few games.. good tactics can be effective with any of these players.. and all of those 25 players are good enough to be in the first team..

in any angle we look at this testing, this testing will never be fair.. just like the question of comparing guardiola with redknapp.. one in spain with one of the best squad in the world, and one in england with ‘only’ one of the best squad in england.. ATLEAST IN THIS TESTING I GIVE THEM ALL THE EXACT SAME SQUAD..

I hope I don’t sound bitter to you, its just that it really is difficult to please everybody...
anyway: if you or anyone else willing to create a better edited league format, then I’m more than pleased to use it.. I really do..

Hi again,

with respect, i think you have missed the point. I think you are doing a great job and am not advocating anyone attempt to hijack or create a 'rival' to your entertaining thread. i was just trying to point out that there are several potential problems that could result in good tactics slipping through the net.

one easy solution would be having a knock-out in each of the 4 leagues, that way the complaints re relative league strength would be redundant as the tactics would go head-to-head with the other test tactic within their league.

re. injuries, i disagree. if team A loses 2 star players but Team B doesn't, over the short league season format adopted, then variations in performance could be attributed to the strength of Tactic B over A. this would of course not necessarily be the case.

As with any testing its all about controlling the controllables. you wouldn't test the effectiveness of anti-cancer drugs without controlling the test group, i.e. do they smoke, exercise, eat well etc etc, its exactly the same principle here.

as i previously said, GOOD JOB! and keep up the good work. No need to be bitter, i think this is the best thread on FMBASE by a long way so please keep going ... forget the job and social life, we need our fix of tactic testing !!

Thanks,
Adam

hey bud, you are testing the same tactics just different versions of the 75% of the testers... why not give others a chance as well? plus I also dont think we should be using other tactics from members who are not even part of fm-base either.....

if you referring to tactics like xenon or jp woody who keep being tested, it simply beacuse i wanna see how far they can go.. if they are winning, why not? that's how I got mr hough 11.3 last season, he won everything.. others? they will got their chances..

about not to test tactics from 'outside', as long as its not against the rule of this forum, then I totally object that.. talking about giving others a chance, why not include others from 'outside’?? they are some great 'yet-to-be-known-here' tactics out there.. and I want to 'taste' them.. believe me, bringing in 'outside' tactics is also good to boost the quality of tactics here.. competition hurts, but its in a good way..

Last edited:

yeah, you are right.. I should make the records on separated league..
about playing it 4 times? I'm sorry that's just too much.. I dont have that much of a free time..
I'm considering some changes on this project..
will let you know.

Back