My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
Hi a_ilfandy

I would suggest one league with about 20 teams in, including a selection of identical user teams (as before). If teams meet just once you would have a league format of just 19 games, so not too long.

this should stop people questioning variation in league strength between the 4 leagues. some teams will play an extra home game but this wouldn't be a significant variable in testing, when compared to playing completely different teams, as would be the case in a 4 league format.

what do you think?

cheers
adam

can you show me the topic of this tac : D Vodu (442 Vodu Caos 12.0) and H Proxy (Parking Bus Destroyer 0.0 (Wolves, Jul 2011) , mate ?

Most people who use the tactics would probably be using the default patch squads so won't it make more sense to use those?

well, ok then.. I'm just finding a way to make the manchester clubs more playable..
I know its other people's tactics, but it still annoying to see none of them win the english league..
it even look easier to take top two spot from barca and madrid in the spanish league.. the test tactics even manage to win 3 out 4 spanish league seasons..

LOL

Won 7-1 against Ajax and Pique got a hattrick but it seems that the group D was the easiest one tho, am i correct?
Will work to improve my defense....

Hi a_ilfandy

I would suggest one league with about 20 teams in, including a selection of identical user teams (as before). If teams meet just once you would have a league format of just 19 games, so not too long.

this should stop people questioning variation in league strength between the 4 leagues. some teams will play an extra home game but this wouldn't be a significant variable in testing, when compared to playing completely different teams, as would be the case in a 4 league format.

what do you think?

cheers
adam

so its like 8 test teams plus 12 AI teams? this is actually one of the formats that crashed during the pre-testing.. this one crashed on january 1st.. I dunno why..
I've tried a variation of similar format (1 big league and 1 cup).. some crashed on sept or oct, most crashed on january 1st..
I'm planning only to change the league format when there is significant changes on the game, like patch 1.. just to avoid the same problem.. its quite frustating.. but I will surely make it 1 big league in the future..

for now, what do you think about the league composition suggested by koflok? he seeded them by their performance (points) in this test from round 1 to round 3..

Vodu's tactic is posted on SI Forum (and in a portuguese forum :p). You can find the download link on the OP of my tactic: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...st-tactic-3-dc-6-midfielders-1-striker-p.html, Is it possible to also test this tactic? The Pawn361v.Vodu ? Its kinda new, but would like to see it underfire :pCheers,

owh, so you are vodu? nice tactic you got there..
sadly your 442 just got out after losing the last two matches.. but it looks like I got another one to test..
361? hmmm, I love unusual formations.. thanks! will test yours after I test few others..

LOL

Won 7-1 against Ajax and Pique got a hattrick but it seems that the group D was the easiest one tho, am i correct?
Will work to improve my defense....

well, some may say so.. it maybe got the easieR AI teams, but you still fighting against another test tactic to win it.. so its still a challenge.. :)

well, some may say so.. it maybe got the easieR AI teams, but you still fighting against another test tactic to win it.. so its still a challenge.. :)

Good point :)
Tho i'm not sure i will survive in the better group with my current defense setting LOL
But this is a good project, gives us a more details about how our tactics work in a real plug & play. :D

Makasih buat proyek kerennya om :twothumbsup

ROUND 4 IS COMPLETED!

THE LEAGUE:
OJOj6.png

THE CUP:
il3Ap.png

THE CUP FINAL:
LHms4.png

THE PLAY OFF:
3B1M7.png

THE PLAY OFF FINAL:
uj1vU.png

THE PLAY OFF MATCHES:
View attachment 210585View attachment 210586View attachment 210587View attachment 210588

Last edited:
Good point :)
Tho i'm not sure i will survive in the better group with my current defense setting LOL
But this is a good project, gives us a more details about how our tactics work in a real plug & play. :D

Makasih buat proyek kerennya om :twothumbsup

not really sure if your defense is problematic, you just equaled the conceded goals records.. 11 goals in the league..
plus, you nailed the best goal difference record, +43.. not bad!

thanks! just trying to wave our 'red and white' flag across the world.. so called patriotic.. :D
I just hope we dont make impression that indonesians got nothing better to do than playing FM.. :D

not really sure if your defense is problematic, you just equaled the conceded goals records.. 11 goals in the league..
plus, you nailed the best goal difference record, +43.. not bad!

thanks! just trying to wave our 'red and white' flag across the world.. so called patriotic.. :D
I just hope we dont make impression that indonesians got nothing better to do than playing FM.. :D

Well, there are others that feels that way, so it just motivates me to improve the tactic. And i think, i know what the biggest problem that cause the team conceded a lot. If i can make it in time, would you use the better version of my tactic?

Well, our national team is improved a lot tho, with a lot of good young talents. Guess people won't think that Indonesians got nothing to do better than playing FM. LOL

@proxy : Woah pique hattrick? Gimme the corner setting!

________

Seems like Pique is a goal scoring machine as long as you got the right corner settings.

@ilfandy : So are you gonna do the same team format on next round or what?

WOW I can't believe how much ground my tactic gained to finish 2nd! I was like 10 points behind after 10 games right? And another cup final defeat haha. Stupid Aguero missing his stupid penalty in normal time :P I've reached every play off final haven't I? And won just 1 out of 4, gah!

owh, so you are vodu? nice tactic you got there..
sadly your 442 just got out after losing the last two matches.. but it looks like I got another one to test..
361? hmmm, I love unusual formations.. thanks! will test yours after I test few others..

No... sorry, I am not Vodu! We share the same portuguese forum, and he helped me with my tactic! :p

zzzzz when are we going to get to the end result and find the best one? :D

Xenon did great again. After the bad start he managed to close the gap between Man U and him to just two points...

I think that SI must rework the EPL... we've seen what happened IRL. Ingame Man U, City, Tottenham are way too overpowered...

I am doing some maths about this tests and would like to have further information on the following:Is World League Cup played in 2 rounds (home and away), till the final ?Is the Playoff Cup played in 2 rounds (home and away), till the final ?Thx

so its like 8 test teams plus 12 AI teams? this is actually one of the formats that crashed during the pre-testing.. this one crashed on january 1st.. I dunno why..
I've tried a variation of similar format (1 big league and 1 cup).. some crashed on sept or oct, most crashed on january 1st..
I'm planning only to change the league format when there is significant changes on the game, like patch 1.. just to avoid the same problem.. its quite frustating.. but I will surely make it 1 big league in the future..

for now, what do you think about the league composition suggested by koflok? he seeded them by their performance (points) in this test from round 1 to round 3..

Hi,

yes thats right, 8 human and 12 AI teams. shame it didn't work when you tried it.

as for kofloks suggestion, this sounds sensible, though 60 points in the EPL is not equivalent to 60 points in La Liga etc etc. one alternative might be to simply use the teams reputation (or similar) rating (i havent used the editor yet so am not sure of what ratings teams have now). if it is possible to export this as a .csv you could quickly set up a vlookup function in excel to assign the teams you use their correct reputation (??) reputation rating. these ratings would be directly comparable and as such could be used to filter teams through into each of your 4 leagues.

failing that you could retry the 20league format again, what with the new patch being released. i am happy to help if there is anything you would like me to look at.

cheers
adam

Back