My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
about koflok's suggestion, he actually seed the teams by points in the same league..
so its like, best performing and 4th best performing in the EPL will be in league A.. 2nd and 5th in league B.. etc etc..
so each league got 2 epl, 2 la liga, 2 serie A, 2 euro teams each..
its quite legit I think..

btw, wanna show this to you:
G9hNd.jpg

Hi,

sorry, I have to admit that I couldn’t find the koflok post,to which you were referring. My bad, as the (american) kids would say!

In that case, I think koflok's proposal is a good one. Though the single league set up would be my favoured one, do you want me to have a bash at it? If so, how do you replicate people so that each human team has identical players, staff etc?

Cheers
Adam

Last edited:
you know what, I just realized that, the defense could be his strongest weapon..
some tactics struggle with it. and his offense is actually not bad too..

I found the key to a great tactic is to defend well and the goals will always come. It's how I've always made my tactics. The right balance between defending and attacking wins you the most points. Making an all out attack tactic and 'hoping' you outscore your opponent on account of having a better team is just stupidity and I think a lot of tactics on this forum has proven that.

I found the key to a great tactic is to defend well and the goals will always come. It's how I've always made my tactics. The right balance between defending and attacking wins you the most points. Making an all out attack tactic and 'hoping' you outscore your opponent on account of having a better team is just stupidity and I think a lot of tactics on this forum has proven that.

So, as your tactic is doing well you started offending the other tactic creators by calling them stupids? What a really bad attitude by you...

This is a game, people play it like they want. In fact, most people, here and in real life, prefer attack over defense, but the FACT is that attack wins matchs, and defense wins tittles. I prefer to go to a stadium and see a 7-5 match than a 2-0 match. Football is Goals! Forwards and Midfields earn a lot more money than defenders and Goalkeepers. The best players are always midfielders and forwards, not defenders. Think about that. :p

Oh and by the way, regarding this tests, I had my last table with some data mistakes, this is the correct one, with Xenon on the top:

View attachment 210822

Last edited:

even when your defences well, you still need good ST for make goals, it's like when other tac score many, they still need DC for cover them, people can play the game the way they like, you can't call them stupids only because thay prefer attacking to defending, and if you really like defend game like that, can you do this?

View attachment 210823

actually, this test is only plug-a-play testing,a_ilfandy also said that this test doesn't mend which tactic is better,

P/s: a_ilfandy: when will you start new season, really like to see it

I didn't see he called anyone stupid, just the idea of going into a game hoping to outscore oponent because you have a better team stupid...

Haha woah! Stupidity? Really dude?!

We all know your tactic is performing really well in this plug n play testing.
I personally admire the performance of your defense.
But really?! Suddenly you act like scumbag steve and start disrespecting others?

It's one thing to call a tactic 'ineffective', but it's another thing to say other fellow tactician's creation as 'stupid'.

Your tactic may be excellent in this FM or maybe this patch. I'm sure you'll be popular around many plug n play user
But you can't gain respect from the people 'around here' as what JP Woody or Mr Hough over the SI forum has earned.

That being said, I do hope while the defend is superb, your strikers are performing decent in getting goals as well
- as in not depending on defenders like Pique to nod in those goals to get that goal advantage.

Because otherwise by playing defensively and scoring corner goals from ME exploit would be boring as ****.
But I'm sure that's not something to be expected from a great tactic like yours. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Chill out guys, sometimes people do get carried away :D
So next time, choose your words carefully before post and i mean this is for all of us...:D
No need to feel that your tactic was the better one than the rest, this project wasn't about that at all :D

@koflok,

There are people who needs your help back at our own forum :D

Last edited:
I've not preached that my tactic is better than anyones. I know for a fact that I've not so stop trying to twist my words or give it a kind of meaning that I did not intend. To be honest, I don't particularly care if it is or isn't the best. I only post my tactics here on this forum just so people can have the same kind of successes in game that I did. In all honesty Vodu's and JPwoodys is probably better because points wise it is much similar to mine but the football is more entertaining. I was stating a simple tactical fact that some people think that going all out attack will win you the game when it more often than not doesn't. That is shown in some of the tactics I've seen on this forum (not necessarily this thread(!)). Some people do not appreciate the defensive side of the game and instead goes all out attack. Just saying anyone who thinks that is the case imo is naive. In hindsight I suppose stupidity was not the right word but naive definitely is. And pawn_pt, I myself go to many Man Utd games each season since I don't live far from OT. I'd much prefer to see my team win 2-0 than 7-5. I'd come out of the game satisfied that we'd done everything to win and deserved to. In open games where it's possible for us to win 7-5, its equally as possible we could lose 5-3. The match engine states that it's random whether a clear cut chance goes in. If you play openly attacking then the opposition will get equally as many clear cut chances as you do. Then there is a random element, dictated by the ability of a player + dictated by a completely random element as to whether it goes in or not. Doesn't really take anyone of intelligence to know that if you give them less chances you'll concede less. If Man Utd (in real) conceding 5 goals in 1 game, I would think that this will have to change or we will not win the title/league. (coincidentally it did change after we lost 6-1 to Man City). It's really a simple fact. There is a much less random element when you can keep the opposition from scoring yet create enough chances to score. I didn't mean to offend any tactic maker with what I said. Sorry if you were I suppose.

Last edited:
Good on you Xenon :D

I honestly never thought for one moment that you were calling anyone or their tactic styles stupid.

This is why I really enjoy using yours, Raikan's and the TBH's tactics. They score a fair amount of goals but are also do not concede many.

Ok, but the choice of words wasn't the best. It's your opinion, I have a different one. The games that I enjoyed the most was a Win of 5-3 vs Benfica and the ones that I hated more was a 3-6 at home vs the same Benfica, and the epic 0-5 and 1-7 vs Bayern Munich. Games like that mark us a lot more, positively or negatively. The 1-0's, 2-0's, 2-1', of our lives are less easily forgotten. If I pay for a game, I would like to watch some entertainment, and I usually can't find much entertainment in a 1-0 match, unless its on of those games where the opposition goalkeeper is doing the match of his life, and the winning goal shows up by the end of the 90 minutes, otherwise its usually more disappointing.

Well then people have their different style of playing and you just can't force one to agree with the other's that their style is th best.
Some prefer 'sure win' by playing conservative football and some prefer to take risk and play attacking.

I do agree however if you ONLY depend on the attacking aspect of the game and doesn't give a rat *** to defensive side of it at all, that would be a suicidal move.
That's why most people here open up threads s that inputs can be get on how to immprove this and that, including the defense for most attacking tactics.

----------

Well sorry for thread owner for the little debate.
Hopefully it doesn't ruin the fun too much.

So you need help on the database editing?
And dude can I get the editor data for this one.
Thought I would just give it a run on the group C and D since i was unlucky enough not to play there.

Cheers.p

@ a_ilfandy - Have you thought about including Xenon's 4231 & 424 (4222) tactics in your tests and 'The 2011-2012 Arsenal Formation' by muhammadrizka?

Last edited:
Hi,

sorry, I have to admit that I couldn’t find the koflok post,to which you were referring. My bad, as the (american) kids would say!

In that case, I think koflok's proposal is a good one. Though the single league set up would be my favoured one, do you want me to have a bash at it? If so, how do you replicate people so that each human team has identical players, staff etc?

Cheers
Adam

by human teams you meant the test teams I created?? well, for example, I duplicated gareth bale 8 times, then place each one on each teams I created.. but, the original gareth bale stays at tottenham.. same goes with the staff..

and also the teams, they are identical (city, stadium, etc) except the name..

yeah, defense is a strong factor i this season.. especially against the big boys..
we scored 3, they got 4..

Last edited:
So, as your tactic is doing well you started offending the other tactic creators by calling them stupids? What a really bad attitude by you...

This is a game, people play it like they want. In fact, most people, here and in real life, prefer attack over defense, but the FACT is that attack wins matchs, and defense wins tittles. I prefer to go to a stadium and see a 7-5 match than a 2-0 match. Football is Goals! Forwards and Midfields earn a lot more money than defenders and Goalkeepers. The best players are always midfielders and forwards, not defenders. Think about that. :p

Oh and by the way, regarding this tests, I had my last table with some data mistakes, this is the correct one, with Xenon on the top:

View attachment 210822

haha.. I like the correlation between positions and wages.. and the 'football is goals' motto..
its the dream for football fans, and it could be nightmare for the managers (especially the small teams)..

oh btw, thanks for the table.. I will post it in the opening post if you dont mind..

even when your defences well, you still need good ST for make goals, it's like when other tac score many, they still need DC for cover them, people can play the game the way they like, you can't call them stupids only because thay prefer attacking to defending, and if you really like defend game like that, can you do this?

View attachment 210823

actually, this test is only plug-a-play testing,a_ilfandy also said that this test doesn't mend which tactic is better,

P/s: a_ilfandy: when will you start new season, really like to see it

I already started it, then I heard that the patch 1 is released.. so I will finish this one, then make the significant changes planned earlier.. btw, I'll post the round 5 update today..

Chill out guys, sometimes people do get carried away :D
So next time, choose your words carefully before post and i mean this is for all of us...:D
No need to feel that your tactic was the better one than the rest, this project wasn't about that at all :D

@koflok,

There are people who needs your help back at our own forum :D

EXACTLY what he said.. its nice to see some arguments here, as long as in its respectful context..
and I wont get involved as long as its not getting out of hand..
not that I have the courage to argue with any of you tactic geniuses.. ^^)
as I mentioned in the OP before, this project is no means for degrading any tactics out there..
now that things are cleared, lets get back to business.. :)

Last edited:
Back