My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
Well then people have their different style of playing and you just can't force one to agree with the other's that their style is th best.
Some prefer 'sure win' by playing conservative football and some prefer to take risk and play attacking.

I do agree however if you ONLY depend on the attacking aspect of the game and doesn't give a rat *** to defensive side of it at all, that would be a suicidal move.
That's why most people here open up threads s that inputs can be get on how to immprove this and that, including the defense for most attacking tactics.

----------

Well sorry for thread owner for the little debate.
Hopefully it doesn't ruin the fun too much.

So you need help on the database editing?
And dude can I get the editor data for this one.
Thought I would just give it a run on the group C and D since i was unlucky enough not to play there.

Cheers.p

no prob, its just a normal debate between great minds..
how should I send it to you? I never share any Fm materials (except screenshots) before..
and the country where I'm right now, file sharing sites are hard to access..

@ a_ilfandy - Have you thought about including Xenon's 4231 & 424 (4222) tactics in your tests and 'The 2011-2012 Arsenal Formation' by muhammadrizka?

of course! yes, both of them.. I only test one tactician in one round, so I'll go with xenon's 424 first..

ROUND 5 (WITH NEW LEAGUE COMPOSITION):

THE LEAGUE:
MEOMH.png

THE CUP:
4pQUD.png

HEAD TO HEAD:
qimqM.png

OTHER MATCHES:
View attachment 210921View attachment 210922View attachment 210923View attachment 210924

QUESTION TO ALL TACTICIANS HERE: IS THE 12.1 PATCH GOING TO AFFECT THE YOUR TACTIC EFFICIENCY?? SINCE I DUNNO IF THERE IS ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGES ON THE MATCH ENGINE ON THIS PATCH..

Great progress here mate :D

Just want to tell you about something important on my Arsenal tactic, you should to pick MCL position as playmaker. Cause with 'classic mode', playmaker instructions always back to default as the new load.
Thanks for your time bro, and let me know if my tactics have a turn :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
QUESTION TO ALL TACTICIANS HERE: IS THE 12.1 PATCH GOING TO AFFECT THE YOUR TACTIC EFFICIENCY?? SINCE I DUNNO IF THERE IS ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGES ON THE MATCH ENGINE ON THIS PATCH..

Haven't try it yet, but i heard from my tester that my tactic is not doing very well in terms of creating CCCs. Have you update your game with the new patch?

Edit: English only please /TBH

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can't speak for all but there has been reports that the new patch affects my tactic somehow.
Although it's still inconsistent - some performing less, some just the same and very few actually better.

So yeah it would be a good thing if you do the testing on the new patch to see a more updated results.

____
EDIT :
If you decide to use the new patch for testing just let my tactic be on the waiting list. Have no interest to update it in near future.
If I got my turn, then just use the first one. I think the one you named as Koflok instead Koflok 2.
Cheers

Last edited:
You have to try pawns 361 tactic...just won 19 in a row with my braga side and scored 89 goals in the process conceding 11, not just me many many people are saying it's the best tactic they've ever seen, just letting you know, cheers :)

Hi a_ilfandy, can you please revert the list of tactics back to the way you did before ? Like which tactics you are using for which round. If you list all the tactics in one place, it is really hard for me to keep track of the whole project :) And btw, what are the tactics you are testing in round 5?

You have to try pawns 361 tactic...just won 19 in a row with my braga side and scored 89 goals in the process conceding 11, not just me many many people are saying it's the best tactic they've ever seen, just letting you know, cheers :)

What??? Lol, I don't see that written anywhere, specially not on the official topic :p Nevertheless, can you please post an image of your 19 win in a row, with Braga? (in the official topic plz!)

There's something very important about the Pawn361v.Vodu, When I simulate games in holidays, the results come a lot worse than playing the match myself, but I mean a LOT worse. Its like I win 3-0, 4-1, 7-2 playing the match, and on holidays its like 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, or a draw! Did any of you seen this happen with other tactics?

Cheers,

haha.. I like the correlation between positions and wages.. and the 'football is goals' motto..
its the dream for football fans, and it could be nightmare for the managers (especially the small teams)..

oh btw, thanks for the table.. I will post it in the opening post if you dont mind..

Sure mate! I tried to send you the excel file, over and over again, but the email address you gave me is always returning error! Even if I only send a mail saying: "Hi!" lol :)

I like the new system. I also like the fact that none of those tactics seem to be as popular as the others, maybe a few lesser known gems in there?

With the new league composition, we can clearly see the domination of English clubs in FM 12. After 7 rounds, Man Utd top of Group 1, Man City 2nd of Group 2, Liverpool top of Group 3 :D way overpowered

@a_ilfandy : can you please give me the link to the thread of tactics of TK 1129, Elrithral and Ross (Testing Round 5). I've never seen them anywhere :) thanks a lot

yup, one tactic per person. They are all in the Testing round 5 but I've never seen them in fm-base before :)

Great progress here mate :D

Just want to tell you about something important on my Arsenal tactic, you should to pick MCL position as playmaker. Cause with 'classic mode', playmaker instructions always back to default as the new load.
Thanks for your time bro, and let me know if my tactics have a turn :)

Cheers.

rizka, are you talking about the tactic setting or player selection??
bcoz I dont normally change anything from the downloaded tactics. about the 1st eleven selection, I leave it to ast.manager (pat rice).. as long as its not weird (e.g. pique as striker) then I'll go with his selection..
this why I call it plug n play, I dont use specific instructions for any tactic..

btw, round 5 is done, yours up in the round 6!

Last edited:
Man Utd still dominated, and what happened with Bayer and Barcelona? ^^

:) they both actually bounce back in the 2nd half of the season.. bayern did receive some trashing from the test tactics along the way.. will post the final results today!

Haven't try it yet, but i heard from my tester that my tactic is not doing very well in terms of creating CCCs. Have you update your game with the new patch?

Edit: English only please /TBH

this is exactly what I'm concerning about, there are still some interesting tactics I want to try on 12.0..
and, if the patch is changing the tactics performance, then for now, I'll stick with 12.0..
therefore, giving the time for the tacticians to update their tactics with the 12.1..

Back