sep-07 A-Norway L 1-0 0 0
sep-03 H-Cyprus D 4-4 0 1
May 24 H-Cape Verde D 0-0 0 0
jun-01 H-Cameroon W 3-1 1 1
3 3
Credits Redcafe.

Order is messed up. :(

Last edited:
I think he is one of the world's best, but I really don't think he should be saying that. Although it is a good sign that he has a lot of self confidence.

Rio Ferdinand said recently that you’ve been United’s best player this season – how does that make you feel?

I feel very happy that he said that because I have been working very hard, I’ve been concentrating a lot on being ready and being at my best for this season. I want to be as good as I can and help my team-mates as much as I can to make United successful. In some bad moments I’ve been able to do a few good things to help the team. I’m happy at the club and I hope to do much more for United than I’ve done up to this point. I’m working hard every day to achieve that.

You’ve scored four goals and set up seven so far this year – is this your best start to a season?

Erm… [pauses] Yes, I think I can say that. But I need to do much more because I’m not completely satisfied with the start to this season.

You’re not happy?

I’m not. I know that if I stop now and just think to myself that I’ve done well, it will mean nothing. That’s why I say I have much more to do.

But you seem to be making the key differences in games – with a goal or an assist. What do you put that down to?

I’ve learnt a lot, particularly from the older players at the club – Giggsy, Scholes and Rio. I’m more mature myself, and that helps. But those players teach you a lot by the way they play. The most important thing is to understand that you give what is best for the team. If youneed a goal, it might be me scoring or providing a pass. Now I understand what I’m going to do and when the right moment is to do it.

Did you notice yourself that there was a moment when that clicked or did it happen over time?

I had to listen to the manager and players like Giggsy – he gives me advice all the time. That’s made me more mature, and I understand the game and the Premier League even more. If I’m doing well, it’s because I’m working hard, but a lot of it is because of the manager and players like Giggsy.

You look really confident in your own ability when you’re playing…

When you are playing well, you feel confident. And when you are confident, you feel like anything is possible. If you have the quality, you just need to be confident and then you can produce your best football.

Are we seeing the complete Nani now, or is there still more to come?

As a player I think that I’m nearly complete. Now I can say I am one of the top players in the world. I play for the best club in the world and I play every game, and I think my role in the team is to score goals or set up goals so that this team can win games.

Is that important to you to know that and to believe it?

Yes, of course. You have to believe in yourself and believe in your abilities. That’s how you become the best player you can be.

You’ve mentioned a few times about the extra work you’ve been doing in training. What specifically have you been working on?

When you have a lot of games it’s not so easy because you are resting and recovering. But last week – when I wasn’t playing in the Carling Cup – I was able to do extra work in the gym, you can stay behind after training and work on your ball skills, your shooting, crossing, free-kicks, everything. In the summer I did a lot as well. Two weeks before we started training I was doing running to get myself fit; I was frustrated after missing out on the World Cup, so I wanted to be ready for the season with United.

You seem to thrive on the big stages as well, do you look forward to the big matches?

The big games are for the big players. All the best players are going to be playing and if you show yourself more than the other players then that means a lot. I want to be one of the best. I’m not scared to play in the big games, because the big matches are the most beautiful in football – you play with very high quality, it’s ball to feet, it’s about playing. I enjoy to see good skills in a game, great shots, saves. Beautiful football, that is what I like. And that helps lift my performance as well.

The fan's question: Why have you stopped doing your backflip celebration? Ian Sarginson

[Laughs] Since I injured my shoulder, I’ve been taking care of myself a little bit more! I can do the backflip without putting my hands down, but I don’t want to risk putting my hands down and injure my shoulder again. The next goal I score I promise for the fans that I will do the backflip, the one without putting my hands down!
user_online.png

LAUGH MY ******* *** OFF.
I'm sorry, but every Chelsea player is better than Nani is (in their respective positions).
I don't see Nani becoming much better than say.. Heskey is now.

I'm sorry, but every Chelsea player is better than Nani is (in their respective positions).

I think your username implies a slight bias in your statement which unfortunately means I'll have to disregard the rubbish you've written.

You cant really say every chelsea player is better because you can't compare Nani to Terry because they are totaly different players. Chelsea don't have an all out right winger at the moment appart from Jacapo Sala in the reserves and i know who i would pick.

Hes a cocky ****.... I never really liked him but for me to consider a player world class he has to be outstanding for 3-4 years consistently. And its not a biased liverpool fans opinion either as i dont praise any of our players.

Messi should smack him for being so cocky,who is by far the best in the world at the minute :)

LOL i apologise for my comment, It was very biased. But he's decent now, but we'll see in the future.

Nani has been the best right winger in the league this season and stats back that up. But I would not go as far to say he is one of the best right wingers in the world.
In a few years however, as much as it pains me to say, I can see him defiantly being up the with the rest.

Nani has been playing very well so far this season but he isn't close to the best in the world

He is our Best player in this Calender year bar none. Closest second is Vidic then Rooney.

It's all getting a tad heated now, which I don't like but meh, whatever

That is ridiculous! You would not have said that before this thread came up. In fact, you would have definitely said Vidic, and Rooney! This calendar year! First 2 months maybe, but since the Bayern game he's not turned up at all.

Walcott's football is fluid, and a joy to watch. Arsenal are a fantastic team to watch as well, Walcott adds flair to the game. His running and crossing play is immense, stand out bar to none, and also is a pretty mean striker up front. I don't think Nani is like this. Nani is skill, skill, skill. His crossing isn't brilliant, and he's a cocky brat. The thing about Nani I hate most, is his arrogance. He dives far too often, and it's not very sporting. Did you see his celebration to other day? Drogba did dive a few years ago, and he's stopped that now, but he lets his temper go after all Champo League exits. To come out and say this now is just madness.

Anyway, Walcott > Nani

Last edited:
It's all getting a tad heated now, which I don't like but meh, whatever

That is ridiculous! You would not have said that before this thread came up. In fact, you would have definitely said Vidic, and Rooney! This calendar year! First 2 months maybe, but since the Bayern game he's not turned up at all.

Walcott's football is fluid, and a joy to watch. Arsenal are a fantastic team to watch as well, Walcott adds flair to the game. His running and crossing play is immense, stand out bar to none, and also is a pretty mean striker up front. I don't think Nani is like this. Nani is skill, skill, skill. His crossing isn't brilliant, and he's a cocky brat. The thing about Nani I hate most, is his arrogance. He dives far too often, and it's very sporting. Did you see his celebration to other day? Drogba did dive a few years ago, and he's stopped that now, but he lets his temper go after all Champo League exits. To come out and say this now is just madness.

Anyway, Walcott > Nani
Sorry but, deluded.

I really dont rate Walcott. If he didnt have blistering pace, he would not be playing for a top 6 team. This is quite an interesting read on the subject. (although wont discuss it as it is going off topic a bit) :

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/22/how-the-2000s-changed-tactics-8-pace/

anyway on Nani, i have been impressed with how he has come on recently. Lots of goals and assists, plus his crossing has got better. He still is a little narrow minded sometimes though, and i wouldnt rank him as one of the best in the world. He is in the top 5 wingers in the prem at the moment in my opinion.

Best right-winger in the Premier League currently. He comes across as a **** though, with the comments and diving constantly.

Messi,Ronaldo, worlds best > Nani

End of Thread

Last edited:
His running and crossing play is immense, stand out bar to none, and also is a pretty mean striker up front.

Haha. Walcott's crossing ability is horrific. He just can't cross the ball well to save himself.

The thing about Nani I hate most, is his arrogance. He dives far too often, and it's very sporting. Did you see his celebration to other day?

His diving is sporting? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Most players dive today unfortunately, and it's becoming the scourge of the modern game. The sooner referees toughen up their stance on simulation the better.

Nearly all footballers are arrogant. To become so good at a sport like football you need to have huge self belief in your ability, and a confidence which borders on arrogance. Celebrations don't make a difference about the quality of a player. I still find it hard to believe you are seriously arguing that Walcott is better than Nani.

Back