Nxt Versions [New V6-Shark] - Closer step to Perfection [15.1.4]

• Thread starter Thread starter Robelink
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 459K
Leave fullbacks as iwb. I use one CB as LD stopper and one as Normal CB defend. The quicker defender is the normal CB. I've also had success against more direct teams using the quicker one as normal CB with cover and the LD on defend. But normally it is best to leave it.
Leave both as it is ? No tweak ? BTW what do u mean by more direct team ?

And...i just downloaded your tac from OP AND post #751 (page 76), and i noticed they hav different names..which one should i use ?

Leave both as it is ? No tweak ? BTW what do u mean by more direct team ?

And...i just downloaded your tac from OP AND post #751 (page 76), and i noticed they have different names..which one should i use ?

Come on, man. Use a little initiative. By more direct teams I mean nobody in the Championship plays like Barcelona. I will be playing Arsenal soon and will put the game on a comprehensive highlights setting to see if it needs tweaking against sides that play 'total football.' Give me a second and I'll reupload tactic with latest tweaks.

If you could add it to the OP - replacing the other one - Robelink, that would be great?

By what I said about the defenders I meant I normally leave it as one CB as LD stopper and one as Normal CB defend

Thedudetweaks v2 - this is the current version - to add to OP

Here ya go folks.

Thedude tweak not working for me at all, maybe because I'm in lower leagues?
This an example of a typical game with that tactic

Shots 16-18
SOT 2-4
Possession 57-59%
Same for my Lowestoft Town team in the Conference :-(

Same for my Lowestoft Town team in the Conference :-(

Really? What are your teamtalks? What about training and morale? Do you have decent passers in the advanced playmaker roles? I would suggest going with two stoppers as the defenders and perhaps removing the more direct passing from your ADV playmakers, or from the inferior passer of the two.

Really? What are your teamtalks? What about training and morale? Do you have decent passers in the advanced playmaker roles? I would suggest going with two stoppers as the defenders and perhaps removing the more direct passing from your ADV playmakers, or from the inferior passer of the two.
Teamtalks are always assertive, wising luck or encouraging - never 'i expect you to win'.
My training is avg balanced, usually def set pieces. My cds pace is 7 and 8. You think stopper rather than defend? Advanced playmakers are 10 and 12 for passing. I create chances but rarely score. Esp my striker although he has four stars as an advanced forward. I'd love any advice you can give me :-) Have just downloaded the second tweak version - do you think I should make any more changes for my side?

Not letting me put a long reply, not sure why, says post denied but pretty much same as above

Teamtalks are always assertive, wising luck or encouraging - never 'i expect you to win'.
My training is avg balanced, usually def set pieces. My cds pace is 7 and 8. You think stopper rather than defend? Advanced playmakers are 10 and 12 for passing. I create chances but rarely score. Esp my striker although he has four stars as an advanced forward. I'd love any advice you can give me :-) Have just downloaded the second tweak version - do you think I should make any more changes for my side?

I think that considering the tactic has your team dropping deep, if you are leaking goals, make them LD stoppers. I'm guessing they lack technique and pace. Remove more direct passing from the Adv playmaker who has 10 passing. on team talks, don't be too assertive unless you are favourites. Away I normally use passionate or calm as my tone.

Having said that, teams around you are possibly playing very direct. You may want to try the other option which is LD defend and CB cover - your paciest CB on cover...

thedude just fixed this tactic ^^ finally works again for me, the strikers start scoring again ^^

Having said that, teams around you are possibly playing very direct. You may want to try the other option which is LD defend and CB cover - your paciest CB on cover...
Do you think it's worth trying, drop much deeper? Just had a guy race through the middle to score again.

Changed the tactic at half time - 0-2 down at home and drew 3-3!

Here ya go folks.
Wowser. I was doing quite will with Nxt6/3 on 15.2 but then I gave yours a try. This is a league game against Reading with me playing my kids. The average age of this squad is 19. So it came as a massive surprise when I won 9-0, had 60% posession, had 32 shots to their one(!) and had 11 clear-cut chances. One thing I noticed however was that, despite this domination, a desperate lack of crosses connected. My full-backs and wingers combined completed just 8 of their attempted 34 crosses. My striker went 0 for 4 too and my 4-goal Advanced Playmaker (left) went 0 for 2.

View attachment 319655

Last edited:
Is the new one better? :thedude

It is. I have to say. I was struggling in a recent game against Blackburn. The giant Maierhofer was getting too much joy with the press/defend combo so I changed to Defend/Cover at the back with great success. Won away 1-0. The new one is much better IMO.

Back