Nxt Versions [New V6-Shark] - Closer step to Perfection [15.1.4]

• Thread starter Thread starter Robelink
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 459K
What did you change?

Not an awful lot. Just the CB pairing. I still think this is the one thing in the tactic which requires a little bit of reacting to the opposition. Long balls? Change the normal CB to cover (If he's fast enough) and pair with LD stopper. If you need to change who covers, that's fine.

Last edited:
Wowser. I was doing quite will with Nxt6/3 on 15.2 but then I gave yours a try. This is a league game against Reading with me playing my kids. The average age of this squad is 19. So it came as a massive surprise when I won 9-0, had 60% posession, had 32 shots to their one(!) and had 11 clear-cut chances. One thing I noticed however was that, despite this domination, a desperate lack of crosses connected. My full-backs and wingers combined completed just 8 of their attempted 34 crosses. My striker went 0 for 4 too and my 4-goal Advanced Playmaker (left) went 0 for 2.

View attachment 727772

Nice one!!! I'd hazard that if you're winning 9-0 it doesn't require in-depth analysis ;)

I know this is off-topic, but has anyone else found they can no longer discipline players after a sub-standard performance?

Just use theduse tweak 5.2 home and away or you making changes?

UPDATE:

Having watched my Birmingham side dominate everyone, then struggle early on Away to Arsenal (which is understandable) I made a couple of tweaks which I believe turned it around and you may like to use against better sides than yours. Change both centre backs to 'defend' - worked better against the pace of Walcott and Sanchez. Stopper kept getting fooled. Change middle CM to 'defend'. Worked a treat for me and we actually won 3-2!!!

Here is how my Birmingham side, using my tweaked version of v5 (thedudetweaksv2) has gone. Weirdly, my v1 seems more solid defensively, but there is absolutely no doubting v2 is better all round and yields more exciting play. I tend to thrash teams in the first half, then let them back in a bit. I think this is more to do with struggling to contain complacency after such an incredible run than anything else. Here be some pics :)

View attachment 319598

View attachment 319597
results after red line are using v2 of my tweaked tactic.

I made plenty of transfers - wheeler dealing galore, but there remains a core of original players.
Key transfers (after selling Spector, Packwood and Novak and loaning out a host of others with small fees)

Unai Lopez - loan
Theo Bongonda - loan
Vidar Kjartansson - transfer
Simon Gustafson - transfer
Carlos Clerc - transfer
David Jablonsky - transfer
Adam Zrelak - transfer
Havard Asheim - transfer

Most of these came very cheap and with the bulk of the money coming in the future. Kjartansson was the biggest outlay and has scored 14 in 17.

It's looking good for Blues. Demarai Gray and Kobi Arthur are developing nicely on the wings too.

Mate this tactic is seriously epic in FM 15.1.3.

Here is the starting table of league, i'm on top with no transfers and my best three player were injured. :)

UPDATE:

Having watched my Birmingham side dominate everyone, then struggle early on Away to Arsenal (which is understandable) I made a couple of tweaks which I believe turned it around and you may like to use against better sides than yours. Change both centre backs to 'defend' - worked better against the pace of Walcott and Sanchez. Stopper kept getting fooled. Change middle CM to 'defend'. Worked a treat for me and we actually won 3-2!!!

On this version, should one center back still be a LD, just set to 'defend' instead of 'stopper'?

UPDATE:

Here is how my Birmingham side, using my tweaked version of v5 (thedudetweaksv2) has gone. Weirdly, my v1 seems more solid defensively, but there is absolutely no doubting v2 is better all round and yields more exciting play. I tend to thrash teams in the first half, then let them back in a bit. I think this is more to do with struggling to contain complacency after such an incredible run than anything else. Here be some pics :)

V1 is already work great with me and V2 do the same. Play 5 games anh won 5 games in a row. Great Job Thedude :D

UPDATE:

View attachment 727927

View attachment 727930
results after red line are using v2 of my tweaked tactic.

I made plenty of transfers - wheeler dealing galore, but there remains a core of original players.
Key transfers (after selling Spector, Packwood and Novak and loaning out a host of others with small fees)

Unai Lopez - loan
Theo Bongonda - loan
Vidar Kjartansson - transfer
Simon Gustafson - transfer
Carlos Clerc - transfer
David Jablonsky - transfer
Adam Zrelak - transfer
Havard Asheim - transfer

Most of these came very cheap and with the bulk of the money coming in the future. Kjartansson was the biggest outlay and has scored 14 in 17.

It's looking good for Blues. Demarai Gray and Kobi Arthur are developing nicely on the wings too.
Have adapted this to the existing tweaks you suggested so if have both cdefs as limited def, defend duty, AP with passing of only 10 without more direct passes and my cmid on defend.

Have adapted this to the existing tweaks you suggested so if have both cdefs as limited def, defend duty, AP with passing of only 10 without more direct passes and my cmid on defend.

Let me know how you go.

On this version, should one center back still be a LD, just set to 'defend' instead of 'stopper'?

Yes. This is only suggested against a very strong, technical side, away from home alongside the other tweak mentioned. (CM - defend)

Back