Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 (Everything won as Man U) Great Results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Onox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 416
  • Views Views 157K
been using this tactic with my Roma side and finished 4th in my 1st season...2nd season, was doing steadily in the league and well in the Champions League but i wasn't happy with the number of goals i was scoring (using V4) and i did the tweak of the att mid to make him cut in and changed him to att mid attack, with "run with ball" set to often...pipped Palermo in the very last game of the season to win the Serie A but lost 3-5 to Real Madrid in the CL finals

my general team in the 2nd season was: Julio Sergio; Monzon, Bassong, Burdisso, Cicinho; Aquilani, M'Vila, de Rossi; Parejo; Yaya Sanogo, Vucinic

3rd season, i've switched to V5 and im virtually unstoppable :O im on a 20 game unbeaten streak (all competitions) and like 13 game winning streak in the league yet somehow im still 2nd to Inter Milan (behind by 1 point)... won my CL group with a perfect 6 out of 6 wins and drew Man City for the 1st KO round.. my team for this 3rd season is:

Curci; Monzon, Bassong, Martin Caceres, Cicinho; Vukcevic, de Rossi, Gago; Diego; Yaya Sanogo, Destro

From the pics you can see my team still isn't a very high scoring team but their stats are relatively ok... lots of missed chances by my players to be honest, although alot of clear cut chances are being created

Last edited:
I've been using v5 for one season with Chelsea and won premiership and champions league. Arsenal runners up on both occasions. My first team generally was, cech, cole, terry, alex, bosingwa, essien, lampard/hamsik, schneijder, malouda/kakuta, drogba, vucinic. Very solid tactic which produces good football

Great tactic. Won Champions with Bayern, but then after one season I started losing, and now the tactic isn't so good anymore.

End of Season.. Here the result
resulte.png

I lose against Newcastle..:'(
But others just draw and win
Win ECC and League Cup but lose FA Cup 6th round against sunderland (But not tactic fault, Im leadind 3-0 already and Vidic suddenly become crazy and give 4 penalty :()
But I still jelous on how you still manage to win 27 in rowXD

Good stats, 101 points is even better than what I had when I played with Man U. My winning streak ended after 30 i managed to draw against Bari away. :/ Sometimes (or actually quite often in FM11) you just are unlucky.

Patrice14 said:
been using this tactic with my Roma side and finished 4th in my 1st season...2nd season, was doing steadily in the league and well in the Champions League but i wasn't happy with the number of goals i was scoring (using V4) and i did the tweak of the att mid to make him cut in and changed him to att mid attack, with "run with ball" set to often...pipped Palermo in the very last game of the season to win the Serie A but lost 3-5 to Real Madrid in the CL finals

my general team in the 2nd season was: Julio Sergio; Monzon, Bassong, Burdisso, Cicinho; Aquilani, M'Vila, de Rossi; Parejo; Yaya Sanogo, Vucinic

3rd season, i've switched to V5 and im virtually unstoppable :O im on a 20 game unbeaten streak (all competitions) and like 13 game winning streak in the league yet somehow im still 2nd to Inter Milan (behind by 1 point)... won my CL group with a perfect 6 out of 6 wins and drew Man City for the 1st KO round.. my team for this 3rd season is:

Curci; Monzon, Bassong, Martin Caceres, Cicinho; Vukcevic, de Rossi, Gago; Diego; Yaya Sanogo, Destro

From the pics you can see my team still isn't a very high scoring team but their stats are relatively ok... lots of missed chances by my players to be honest, although alot of clear cut chances are being created

Nice results, Inter are very strong in Serie A due to having won CL previous season and in general having good budget and players. Its never easy to play in Serie A with a lesser team but its doable. Luck is a big factor in this game. Sometimes you score a lot on those Clear cut chances and sometimes you don't no matter what squad you bring to the table (Except for Barca they score 5+ every game :P ) There are so many factors that influence your players performance in fm11 like weather, form, consistency, ambition, are they used to playing in the league if they were brought in from another country and this is their first season, do they speak the team language, have they good morale, are you playing home or away, is it an important match etc. All I can say is give it time let them sink into their positions/roles and let the team blend properly if you have brought in a few transfers etc. Be patient, if your team is preforming good with good chances each match but not scoring then give it time, they can only get better not worse :)

nihenna said:
Great tactic. Won Champions with Bayern, but then after one season I started losing, and now the tactic isn't so good anymore.

Bad winter form maybe or injuries? Did you change anything? Every team i've managed so far using v5 have preformed good, im in 2017 now and have managed 3 teams so far winning the league with all 3 of them and CL with two of them. Provide more info maybe we can help you root out the cause m8.

Last edited:
2017 with Anderlecht , performing ( results , not play ) even better with v.5 ( used to use v4.1 )
i was thinking of putting the mrc a little less attacking mentality , as i see him shoot too much from far :s

also : why did u remove tb's from the fullbacks ? whats the idea behind it ?

Last edited:
Onox - can you please clarify what you do for OI's?

Are you using them with v5?

I'm reading your OP and I'm not sure what to do - can you list what you do for each opposition position:

ST's:
AMC's:
AMR&L's:
MR&L's:

For example - thank you! :-)

I asked this a few days back but don't see a reply that's all!

2017 with Anderlecht , performing ( results , not play ) even better with v.5 ( used to use v4.1 )
i was thinking of putting the mrc a little less attacking mentality , as i see him shoot too much from far :s

also : why did u remove tb's from the fullbacks ? whats the idea behind it ?

Fullbacks usually dont have good passing, technique and decision. Well some do but MOST dont have high stats in all these 3 areas not to mention creativity. I figured why make them do TB's when they instead can play a short pass to one of the more creative mid's which are much betters at playing offensive passes. More possession this way also.

mikedodgson said:
Onox - can you please clarify what you do for OI's?

Are you using them with v5?

I'm reading your OP and I'm not sure what to do - can you list what you do for each opposition position:

ST's:
AMC's:
AMR&L's:
MR&L's:

For example - thank you! :-)

I asked this a few days back but don't see a reply that's all!

The OI on the front page is what I use with V5, it has been updated for v5 as well. I'll update them now and make them easier to understand. I must have not noticed your previous post, my bad m8

Fullbacks usually dont have good passing, technique and decision. Well some do but MOST dont have high stats in all these 3 areas not to mention creativity. I figured why make them do TB's when they instead can play a short pass to one of the more creative mid's which are much betters at playing offensive passes. More possession this way also.

The OI on the front page is what I use with V5, it has been updated for v5 as well. I'll update them now and make them easier to understand. I must have not noticed your previous post, my bad m8

Why dont put their passing even shorter to short pass ? :p
ok , i have good decisions ( +15 ) for all my fb's so i will do ( cross from deep/ to mixed ) i think then :)

Why dont put their passing even shorter to short pass ? :p
ok , i have good decisions ( +15 ) for all my fb's so i will do ( cross from deep/ to mixed ) i think then :)

I dont know, it was just working good as it was so didnt want to mess around with it. As always feel free to change the values depending on your players attributes. And yeah the crossing from deep to mixed is a good idea as they are often in the attack close to he touchline. Good find, ill use it myself :) Also if you have fullbacks with good crossing then try putting crosses to often, should work good with crossing on mixed.

nice :)

only weard thing here is that araujo performs not as good as last season ( with 4.1 ) , but i like your swap positions idea . weard is that lukaku with his dribbling 14 , technique 12 , agility 10 performs a lot better then araujo who has better stats mentioned. really weard but i dont want to change too much as lukaku does well now lol.

could you please upload a screenshot of your squad stats on your milan save please mate?

like their goals, assists etc.

cheers

Roony was preforming bad for me as well in my old united save, he used to get a lot of good chances but always missed or shot straight at goalie.. If you can swap Aguero for Roony i'd say go for it. Aguero is my favorite striker in the game since fm10
Rooney has been an absolute beast for me, using v5 tactic. Got 57 goals (and 14 assists) in 49 appearances. He had 18 in 36 the first season (I was using v4 and didn't really have a proper squad to play 4-3-3), but in the second he just couldn't stop scoring.

I been champion with Roma in Italian league in my first season, everything was great. In second season, I don't know why but team is not performing well, I'm losing and my team is not playing good football. What should I do?

on heavy away games i'd recommend putting amc on run from deep " sometimes " instead of " often "

could you please upload a screenshot of your squad stats on your milan save please mate?

like their goals, assists etc.

cheers

Sry mate but ive left milan in my save, I got an offer from Liverpool and decided it was time for a new challenge so now im in England. Pato was my top goal scorer followed by zlatan which was like 2 goals behind. :)

LaVioRtH_cL said:
I been champion with Roma in Italian league in my first season, everything was great. In second season, I don't know why but team is not performing well, I'm losing and my team is not playing good football. What should I do?

Not much more I can help you with then what I told the guy before you. Run of bad form, injuries or winter? Check your Match prep see if its filled. Could be that the other teams are reading your tac and evolving to beat it.

Sw33z said:
on heavy away games i'd recommend putting amc on run from deep " sometimes " instead of " often "

I have it set on "Sometimes" always anyways. I believe v5 has that as default or?

i think it's on often on v5 onox ;)
edit : i tweaked strikers : i removed tight marking ( weard for strikers imo ) & gave them more closing down & creative + fwd runs on mixed for both ( same as amc so more fluidity i think )

I was getting annoyed with my previous tactic so trying this one. First match went pretty. This was despite hitting the bar 4 times

Onox - update for you...

Started a game as spurs and used your new v5 - hopefully the screenshots will speak for themselves - remarkable!

More people should try this... and use the OI's, they really do make the difference.

Heading into season 2 now, snapped up Srna for RB for 2.8 (offered to me), Zapata (to replace gallas) for 12, and trying to find a striker to parter Barrios - any suggestions?

Hats off to you sir... can I post this on SI Games forum?

In my dortmund game i won the europa league in 1st season beating tottemham 3-2 on penalties

HOWEVER

away from home in the bundesliga i am quite suspect, 3 wins from 17, home form was impeccable though

There must be something wrong with this tactic concerning defending while the other team is crossing. Or it just doesn't work for the weaker leagues. I seem to concede a lot of goals from set pieces after crosses into the box and also from simple crosses from action. Yesterday I thought it was just bad luck, but after having played one and a half season around 80-90% of goals I have conceded is result of bad marking or whatever else while the other team is crossing.

I hope I explained it well enough, sorry but English is not my native language.

#edit
Oh, and I am not saying that the tactic is bad, it's really good, just giving you some feedback about how it works for clubs with players around 100-110 CA

Last edited:
Back