Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 (Everything won as Man U) Great Results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Onox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 416
  • Views Views 157K
I´m playing with this tactic for Arsenal.After 2 matches i have 2 points and my score is 2:2.My enemies was Liverpool and Manchester United.But my shooting effective is not gut ... I have a several shoots and big chances but scoring is problem.My enemy has one or two big chances and scored ... So I will see how it works in next matches ...:)

Onox - update for you...

Started a game as spurs and used your new v5 - hopefully the screenshots will speak for themselves - remarkable!

More people should try this... and use the OI's, they really do make the difference.

Heading into season 2 now, snapped up Srna for RB for 2.8 (offered to me), Zapata (to replace gallas) for 12, and trying to find a striker to parter Barrios - any suggestions?

Hats off to you sir... can I post this on SI Games forum?

Nice screens ^^ Whats your budget? I would suggest buying Khouma Babacar if you can get him for a fair price, hes a beast in my current save but I did have to pay alot for him in 2015 (27mill euro). Try and search for a striker following my player requirements on the front page.
And yeah feel free to post it on SI :)

In my dortmund game i won the europa league in 1st season beating tottemham 3-2 on penalties

HOWEVER

away from home in the bundesliga i am quite suspect, 3 wins from 17, home form was impeccable though
Yeah away games can get tricky even with the best tactics. Try adjusting passing in away games on the MCR and MCL to short and on the strikers to default (tick off the instruction) which should make it direct. Im doing that in my games and its working better. More possession means less chance of opposition playing their game and scoring.

There must be something wrong with this tactic concerning defending while the other team is crossing. Or it just doesn't work for the weaker leagues. I seem to concede a lot of goals from set pieces after crosses into the box and also from simple crosses from action. Yesterday I thought it was just bad luck, but after having played one and a half season around 80-90% of goals I have conceded is result of bad marking or whatever else while the other team is crossing.

I hope I explained it well enough, sorry but English is not my native language.

#edit
Oh, and I am not saying that the tactic is bad, it's really good, just giving you some feedback about how it works for clubs with players around 100-110 CA
That's usually how I myself concede goals. It happens even by having excellent defenders with high marking but ofc at a much bigger rate in lower leagues. Try marking, closing down and hard tackling on wingers (AMR/L and MR/L) with shove on weaker foot.

I´m playing with this tactic for Arsenal.After 2 matches i have 2 points and my score is 2:2.My enemies was Liverpool and Manchester United.But my shooting effective is not gut ... I have a several shoots and big chances but scoring is problem.My enemy has one or two big chances and scored ... So I will see how it works in next matches ...:)
Bad luck I guess, were they away games?

I´ve played Anfield Road and White Hart Lane(there they really kicked my *** 4:1).With Manchester I´ve played home.

Nice screens ^^ Whats your budget? I would suggest buying Khouma Babacar if you can get him for a fair price, hes a beast in my current save but I did have to pay alot for him in 2015 (27mill euro). Try and search for a striker following my player requirements on the front page.
And yeah feel free to post it on SI :)

Hey mate - I got 40 mill which wasn't too bad as Spurs take out a load for stadium developments too.

I got in Srna (not the best Right Back, but got him offered to me for 2.8), Zapata (replaced gallas), Suarez (15mil) and Sneijder! He had fallen out with Benitez and was listed by request, got him for 22.5!

So, now my team is:
GK: Gomes
DR: Srna
DC: Zapata
DC: Bassong
DL: Ekotto
MC(r): Sneijder
MC: Palacios
MC(l): Modric
AMC: Van der Vaart
FC(r): Suarez
FC(l): Barrios

Will keep you updated!

how do you uninstall a patch on football manager 2010?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

dont worry just gonna re-install

I now use v4 Counter , amc ( pastore , palermo ) as inside fwd support who cuts inside , with direct pasing same as mlc & mrc
amc + 2 sc's on fwd runs mixed ( not swapping , the main difference is the closing down : higher for right
striker )
mc on tackling normal
attacking corner instructions from V.5
left midcentre i'm still not sure about his fwd runs though :s

so , with these little tweaks i'm sitting 2nd in seria a , 1 point behind juventus
2 be continued

Last edited:
Onox, I must congratulate you on a cracking tactic that dominates teams from start to finish, I've never seen a tactic create so many ccc's. Just a quick question, is there any formula to converting these ccc's as you can see from this screenshot. Surely you must convert more than 2 out of 10???

http://img152.imageshack.us/i/manutdvwestbromsplitvie.png/

Thanks again on a great tactic (V5 by the way)

Using someone this tactic in Arsenal?Me yes but results is bad.The biggest problem is scoring ... I have many shoots and clear cut chances but I give few goals.My strikers are good Persie,Chamakh,Donovan,Bendtner,Vela .. But throw impossible chances ... Some advice guys?Or you Onox?

maybe try : tight marking of for your strikers
more creativity ( 1/3 i'd say ) for your strikers
right striker here has more closing down ( 15/20 )

btw @ Onox : i'm gonna try to make a home an away version of the v4.1
i used your idea of passing ( short for mlc & mrc / direct for amc + 2 strikers ) on away tactic
any other ideas are more then welcome

Last edited:
Ive been doing a few changes to creativity levels of the players and passing values. I'll post the tac tomorrow. Its a small update mainly focused at scoring more goals from the chances.

Ive been doing a few changes to creativity levels of the players and passing values. I'll post the tac tomorrow. Its a small update mainly focused at scoring more goals from the chances.
Yes!! Finally...

i played with braga and used the v5.
i started the season really good. after 10 games i had 9 wins.
but then i start losing, im just finish the season in the 4th place. i won porto twice, in uefa cup i won cska moscow twice and sevilia.

Really good tactic, used it with Bologna FC in serie A, my first 17 games were unbeaten and i was top throughout 3/4 of the season, had a few silly losses near the back end of the season which resulted in me finishing 8th but it was really tight at the top.

Almost perfect...

Onox thank you for sharing this very beautiful tactic with us. I've been using ur tactic (v5 one) for a year with Man City, i won the uefa cup and league cup and became the second in the league. i bought the best players which fit into ur tactic, but there are some weaknesses with ur tactic i would like to mention about them and i want ur suggestions to solve 'em,
First of all ur defensive set pieces are not good , i suffer too much goals from corners that's why i modified ur defensive set pieces and it worked. i dont suffer (any) goals anymore. Secondly , there is a problem which i couldn't solved. "Goal Missing problem when one on one " i can't have better strikers (agüero , tevez , cassano , balotelli , adebayor). They are almost best in the game but they often miss goals when one on one. Do you have any suggestion to fix the goal missing problem. The third problem is the defensive one when i make defence like u did in ur tactic i suffer unacceptable amount of goals (btw i have excellent defenders. mexes s.walter etc) i 've found two ways to solve it u can make man marking (DCR toSTL DCL to STR) against the teams which play with double strikers or forget offside trap and play with double stopper it works with other teams. but still not in a perfect degree. Do you have any better modification of this tactic for that? And the last and unimportant problem is Although you set long shots as never, still they shoot from middle long range shots, it was not a problem for me because De Rossi scores with %65 from long range :).
i am waiting for your suggestions to make it better.
n1chelseavmancitystatsmatp

eqenglishpremierdivisionip

Onox thank you for sharing this very beautiful tactic with us. I've been using ur tactic (v5 one) for a year with Man City, i won the uefa cup and league cup and became the second in the league. i bought the best players which fit into ur tactic, but there are some weaknesses with ur tactic i would like to mention about them and i want ur suggestions to solve 'em,
First of all ur defensive set pieces are not good , i suffer too much goals from corners that's why i modified ur defensive set pieces and it worked. i dont suffer (any) goals anymore. Secondly , there is a problem which i couldn't solved. "Goal Missing problem when one on one " i can't have better strikers (agüero , tevez , cassano , balotelli , adebayor). They are almost best in the game but they often miss goals when one on one. Do you have any suggestion to fix the goal missing problem. The third problem is the defensive one when i make defence like u did in ur tactic i suffer unacceptable amount of goals (btw i have excellent defenders. mexes s.walter etc) i 've found two ways to solve it u can make man marking (DCR toSTL DCL to STR) against the teams which play with double strikers or forget offside trap and play with double stopper it works with other teams. but still not in a perfect degree. Do you have any better modification of this tactic for that? And the last and unimportant problem is Although you set long shots as never, still they shoot from middle long range shots, it was not a problem for me because De Rossi scores with %65 from long range :).
i am waiting for your suggestions to make it better.
n1chelseavmancitystatsmatp

eqenglishpremierdivisionip
I am currently in January in first season with man city and I am top of the league and still in all cups without tweaking the tactic. It is awesome!

Besiktas From Turkish Super League

Hey guys

I've always been a fan of the 4-3-3 total football style and since this style worked very well in FM 2010 I have made my own version.

The tactic formation is 4-3-1-2. It uses wide play and quick tempo to break down opponents back half and dominate it with pressure with strong possession football. This tactic uses two creative midfielders (MCL and MCR) to create chances and deliver lethal through balls to the AMC or Strikers. The AMC has a simmilar role as the creative midfielders but is more offensive and usually hangs in the front with low defensive mentality (Almost as a third striker). I have tested this tactic so far with Man United, Sunderland, AT Madrid and AC Milan and been very successful with all of those clubs, winning the League, League Cup, Fa Cup and Champions cup with Man U, AC Milan, AT Madrid and finishing 4th in the league as well as winning League cup and reaching FA cup Final with Sunderland.

So far this tac has been working well with lesser teams, feel free to test and see how it works for you and your team.

Here are some screens:

formationu.jpg

ligasluttt.jpg

(Note: Most of the losses and Draws were due to major injuries in the club on key players)

championsfinal.jpg

barcakampp.jpg

O/I:

I set Tight Marking on All strikers. I also have closing down on all AMC's (AMC AML and AMR). Never ever have specified Tackling on strikers only on the AMC/R/L's or creative midfielders that have low strength and balance. I have a habit of always clicking on ask assistant before I apply these O/I's then overwriting his settings on the positions I mentioned above but do as you wish. Ive also been setting shove on weaker foot on the above positions and Closing down on ML and MR + weaker foot to try and prevent them from landing good crosses.

Summary:

Strikers: Tight Marking, NO tackling instructions. Weaker foot if assistant sets it

AMC AMR and AML: Closing down, follow assistant tackling advice and shove on weaker foot.

MR and ML: Closing down, Tackling Hard and Shove on weaker foot.

Note: If playing against a team with only one striker and one AMC Tight marking on the AMC also needed along with Tight marking on the striker.

Mentality Instructions:

The Default mentality for the tactic is set on "Attacking" however when playing home games I set Overload or on easy away games. Feel free to experiment yourself and see what works for you.

Sideline Instructions:
This tactic requires NO Sideline South's, however if you are leading and there is 15-10min Left of the match and you want to try and ensure victory then do:
Strategy: Contain
*Retain Possession
*Take a Breather
*Play Even Safer
*Pass to feet

Player Instructions:

Very Important 15+
Mildly Important 13+
Helpful 11+
(I can see how these requirements can be hard for lesser league teams but these are just my personal estimate, anything close to these instructions can also work)
Goalkeeper - Defend

Fullback's - Defend
Main Skill Focus: Acceleration, Pace, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Stamina Crossing, Passing, Decisions.
Central Defender's - Defend
Main Skill Focus: Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Teamwork, Decisions, Passing, Bravery, Aggression, Acceleration, Pace

MCR - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
Main Skill Focus: Passing, Creativity, Positioning, Technique,
Decisions, Flair, Tackling, Marking, Jumping, Heading

MC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
Main Skill Focus: Tackling, Marking, Work Rate, Positioning, Strength, Stamina, Jumping, Heading, Anticipation, Passing, Decisions,

MCL - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Main Skill Focus: Passing, Creativity, Positioning, Technique, Decisions, Flair, Tackling, Marking, Jumping, Heading

AMC - Attacking Midfielder Or Inside Forward - Support
Main Skill Focus: Passing, Creativity, Off the Ball, Technique,
Decision's, Dribbling, Flair, Acceleration, Pace, Finishing,

Left Striker - Poacher - Attack
Main Skill Focus: Finishing, Off the Ball, Acceleration, Pace, Agility, Creativity, Technique, First Touch, Flair,
Dribbling

Right Forward - Advanced Forward - Attack
Main Skill Focus: Finishing, Creativity, Technique, First Touch, Off the Ball, Flair, Balance, Strength
, Dribbling

(If any of your Creative Mids or AMC has good long shots (15+) feel free to set his long shots to "Sometimes". Dont use this on too many players though, only one.)
Match preperation:

I let the Assistant Manager handle Match Preparation.

Previously I used Defensive positioning but I tried having my Assistant handling this for two season while I was making v5 and I liked it better that way as he is more effective in choosing Attacking movement against easier teams and defensive positioning against hard teams, especially in hard away games or away games vs rivals.

Pre Match Team Talk and Half-way team talk:
I am not stating that these talks are perfect, it's the way I do things. These team talks are from guide I have read on FM Base and other site like SI. Its also a short sum-up.

First of all note that I use decimals as pre match predictions.
Also always use "Pick up where you left off" or "I expect better" on any player that has this available pre match.

Pre Match Team talks:
Matches where I am a clear favorite (6.00+) "The Result will come"
Matches where I am a favorite (4.00-6.00) = "I expect a win"
If it's a Close Match (2.00-4.00) or against any rival team = "For the Fans"

If the other team is a clear favorite and my chances are low in a away game (4.00+) = "Wish luck" (I have rarely been in this situation so cant say for sure this one works)

Half match team talk:
Players with ratings of 7.0-7.5 always set "none" If a players has 7.5+ then set "I have faith" only on these players, everyone else should follow team talks.

Half way through a match where you set "I expect a win or the result will come" and have a draw or loosing = "Question the teams passion to win" or "Disappointing".

If its a draw against a team you had "For the fans" to begin with then use "For the fans" once again" and set Disappointing on players with under 6.5 rating.

If leading by 1 goal = "Don't get careless/complacent" and "Disappointing" on players with under 6.5 rating

If leading by two or more goals then use no teams talks only individual talk on players that deserve it ("Have faith" on players with 7.5+ and "Disappointed" on players with under 6.5)

Corners and Freekicks:
Have you tallest and best heading/Jumping defender play the right center back role as he is the one that will try to head the ball into goal during corner and free kicks.

Note: Due to the current bug in game ther player set piece instructions will sometimes untick them selves as you play on. Have a look at all of your players instructions from time to time, if the setpiece buttons are unticked and greyed out simply tick them and the players should go back to the original instructions that I set for them.

I use minimum size pitch

** Version 5 out! **

Made improvements on all fields of the tac. Mainly focused on trying to make the tac score more and removed the S/O instructions so its more Plug n Playish :)
The Full-backs are doing more runs forward giving options in the attack, having decent crossing on them helps. Changed crosses from Drill to Float. The creative Midfielders (MCR and MCL) are also pushing more forward now so they are in a better position before attempting their through balls. The central defensive mid has not changed much, he still sits back in the mid. The AMC has gotten a lot of changes, hes still effective at supplying the forwards but now acts as an Inside Forward making him almost as a third striker. The Forwards have received the most changes, ive done what I can to make them score more and for me they are scoring more, a lot more. They are also swapping positions with each other now and their instructions are very close to each other making both positions universal, if you wish you can change the way they play as long as you have the right strikers for the job and you know what your doing when changing their instructions.

As always feel free to tune the tactic towards your players IF needed.

Enjoy :)

Ive added v3 with set piece fix for those of you that want to stick to that tac.
I have also added V4.1. The only thing ive change in this version is that i've enabled counter attack and moved the defence and midfield a tiny bit closer together, reson for doing this is that I got reports from my Assisstant manager that there was a gap between midfield and defence that the opposition could take advantage of, this has now been fixed and works just the same as v4, so ill leave the choice up to you guys which version you want. The counter attack option is enabled for v4.1 but feel free to turn it off or experiment with it to see what is best for your team.

For people having issues downloading the file from FmBase, here is a fliefront/mediafire link as well as another FM base download link
Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v5.tac - Mediafire

**Older Versions**
Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v4.tac - Fm Base
Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v4.tac - Filefront
Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v4.tac - Mediafire
Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v4.1 Counter.tac - Mediafire
Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 with Setpeices.tac - Media Fire

Hi Mate i will definately try this one,i am controlling Besiktas from Turkish super league,i have really attacking players ,

Guti (real madrid)
Querasma (inter)
Shvchenko (dinamo kiev)
Diego Tristan
Alvaro Recoba
Hamit Altintop (bayern munich)

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Hi Mate i will definately try this one,i am controlling Besiktas from Turkish super league,i have really attacking players ,

Guti (real madrid)
Querasma (inter)
Shvchenko (dinamo kiev)
Diego Tristan
Alvaro Recoba
Hamit Altintop (bayern munich)

Back