Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 (Everything won as Man U) Great Results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Onox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 416
  • Views Views 157K
Quality tactic mate using v4 just finished first season won com shield,carling cup,fa cup and prem lost to barca in champs league on pens keep up good work !!!!!!!:)

i would use this tactic as it has many amazing reviews, but im gna have to wait for the wingers to be introduced, as i rely on them a lot haha :/

2015 : 10 games in competition 10 wins ( 30-2 ) with Anderlecht ( v4.1 )
only 2 things my amc ( jovetic or de bruyne ) don't perform that well , possibly the weakest role of the tactic , what u say onox ?
Also experimenting with contain instead of attack away of home vs top 5 teams in CL ( Barca , Inter , AC Milan , Chelsea , Real ) , because attacking i almost allways lose 1-0

Making the AMC preform better has been an onward struggle, at the moment he works "ok" but I really want to make him preform better, especially if you have a star AMC in general a really good one. The AMC is in my opinion the most important player in this tactic, he is largely responsible in getting a good attack/chance going and providing key passes to the forwards. Everyone feel free to experiment with the AMC and if you manage to find any good tweak that will make him preform better please share. If we manage to tweak the AMC even better the tac will be more golden than it already is. :)

i would use this tactic as it has many amazing reviews, but im gna have to wait for the wingers to be introduced, as i rely on them a lot haha :/

The wingers tactic is gonna take sometime to finish. The issue with wingers is that you have less possession than with the Total Football tac and this opens up issues in defence and less possession also makes your chances more important to score on because against really good teams in a away match low possession and a strong opposition defence can equal very few chances for you and many against you :S This is mainly the reason i've not been a fan of tactics with wingers. These issues don't exist with the total football as you are largly in control of the match. I have played away games against strong teams with them having less than 3-4 shots in total and i'm not talking about "on goal" but in total.

Im gonna try and do some hard work in making a strong winger tactic that still manages to keep good possession. I'm nowhere near the point that i'd even consider releasing a beta version and I also have exams coming up in two weeks :S

I have yet to decide what basic formation I will use for the winger tactic as I feel I will have to start using a DMC but nothing is decided yet. I have also lately continued working on v5 more as im really motivated to "perfect" by using feedback here and results of own trial and error.

I'll keep you guys updated, thanks for the great feedback from you guys till now keep it up!

PS: If anyone can try playing around with the AMC and try to tweak him that would be great, feel free to adjust anything you feel might help, role, creativity, passing, run with ball / run from deep etc. Post any findings you think can help, also make sure you give some reports on ratings, what team you play, what AMC you used and ofc what changes you applied :)

Just downloaded and done some of my own tweaking with Barcelona.

Obv they have the best squad in the game but I like the results.

Changed full backs to attacking wingbacks, defensive line high and pressing.

Smashing A.Madrid 4-1 away (4-0 up within 30minutes)

Smashing FC Basel away 7-0.

Always scored atleast 3 goals so far.

Looking good. Thank you

Onox , i will try tweak the amc , as u said , if this could be tweaked , the tactic would be an iron rock instead of a rock :p

but : i have Jovetic & De Bruyne , but good amc's , but it's they're not really support attacking mids i guess.
mc/amc would be good there , but i like to play the creative mc ( hamsik ) as left mc .
so those 2 positions could be" overwriting themselves" , if u understand what i mean
2 positions that are almost the same .
maybe lets try an other role for the amc ( attacking ? ) but i doubt about that as he's link as you said ;)

Just downloaded and done some of my own tweaking with Barcelona.

Obv they have the best squad in the game but I like the results.

Changed full backs to attacking wingbacks, defensive line high and pressing.

Smashing A.Madrid 4-1 away (4-0 up within 30minutes)

Smashing FC Basel away 7-0.

Always scored atleast 3 goals so far.

Looking good. Thank you

Interesting tweak to the Full backs making them attacking wing back, I used this in the V1 version but at somepoint changed them to defending fullback for defansive purposes. However, given the fact that our possession is very good with the latest tac I find it reasonble to give them a more offensive duty. I will experiment with this myself and see if its worth changing for v5. I dont know how effective it is to push the D-line up though, I used to have it high in the first version but dropped it a bit later on as I thought this was better for the defence. Its hard to tell if these tweaks are good or bad when playing with a high end team like Barca as you will probably win any game more or less no matter what tweak you make. Im not trying to bash your results m8, they look interesting and I will test them especially making the wingbacks offensive. Im just stating that its hard to get a proper result of tweaking with major teams. :)

Have you tried making any tweaks to the AMC? Im currently testing the AMC as a Advanced Playmaker suport role with wide play set to normal and not move into channles. When im done I will test him as an Inside forward with wide play set to move into channles and I will tweak his instructions to make him sort of like a third supporting striker. I will check both tweaks and see what works best, this will take sometime however as I am going to give each tweak half a season for results. Anyone who want to do some tweaks to the AMC themselves and test to see what works best is wlecome to try and I appreciate any feedback :)

Thanks for the feedback btw(H)

Yeah, I think these tweaks would only be good for a technically gifted side like Barcelona.

I would be the first to admit that and other small sides would prob get destroyed. I just thought it would of been a waste to have Alves as a defensive fullback.

I haven't tried changing anything towards my AMC. Reason being: It's Messi. Anything I change it to, he is still going to be god.

I've changed the FullBacks to support.I've played a few games like this and they got an assist or two.Is there any diffrence betwen Defend and Support because i didn't noticed much diffrence besides the assists?

I've changed the FullBacks to support.I've played a few games like this and they got an assist or two.Is there any diffrence betwen Defend and Support because i didn't noticed much diffrence besides the assists?

There wont be much difference to the fullbecks when changing roles because most of the player instructions have been manually altered which means they dont change auto by changing players role. If you really want to change the way they play you would have to go into player instructions and play with the settings there. Like for example Runs from deep, Mentality, closing down, running with ball, passing, through ball etc. These setting auto change if you leave them on default but most of them are on manual instructions so if you want to see changes you would have to alter the setting yourself or put them back to default and use in game role settings. Hope this makes sense :)

Interesting tweak to the Full backs making them attacking wing back, I used this in the V1 version but at somepoint changed them to defending fullback for defansive purposes. However, given the fact that our possession is very good with the latest tac I find it reasonble to give them a more offensive duty. I will experiment with this myself and see if its worth changing for v5. I dont know how effective it is to push the D-line up though, I used to have it high in the first version but dropped it a bit later on as I thought this was better for the defence. Its hard to tell if these tweaks are good or bad when playing with a high end team like Barca as you will probably win any game more or less no matter what tweak you make. Im not trying to bash your results m8, they look interesting and I will test them especially making the wingbacks offensive. Im just stating that its hard to get a proper result of tweaking with major teams. :)

Have you tried making any tweaks to the AMC? Im currently testing the AMC as a Advanced Playmaker suport role with wide play set to normal and not move into channles. When im done I will test him as an Inside forward with wide play set to move into channles and I will tweak his instructions to make him sort of like a third supporting striker. I will check both tweaks and see what works best, this will take sometime however as I am going to give each tweak half a season for results. Anyone who want to do some tweaks to the AMC themselves and test to see what works best is wlecome to try and I appreciate any feedback :)

Thanks for the feedback btw(H)

You could try to play the amc as trequarista ( worked well in my own tactic but only had 1 striker in front of him ) , just a suggestion ;)

Yeah I will give that a try as well, only thing im afraid of is that a Terquarista is supposed to be on a heavy attack duty so there might be a gap issue between mids and forwards or in general a supply of ball issue. But I guess we never will know until we try :)

This tactics dude is a total ownage. Even though I don't got like best midlefield line, I still manage to get at least 5 clear chances per game and often dominate the possesion (55%+), won quite much using this tacts with my Juve, thanks :)

Yeah I will give that a try as well, only thing im afraid of is that a Terquarista is supposed to be on a heavy attack duty so there might be a gap issue between mids and forwards or in general a supply of ball issue. But I guess we never will know until we try :)

might be a passing related thing
i 'm trying attacking mid attacking , other tweak here could be to put the mcl on more attacking role and/or swap positions with amc .

the mlc and amc seem to pass everyball correct , might put them both on direct passing
to be continued .... :)

Last edited:
bad bad bad

most constructive post ever wtf

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Onox , tried some other roles for the amc without success , maybe it's a pass or closing down related thing i think . now trying direct passing , and will try less cd too .

Im currentlly trying that myself, ive increased passing to direct, ive increased his mentality by one tick twoards attack, ticked off roam from position and wide play set to normal. I think its better, so far after 20 games the average rating of the amc is around 7.3 which I think is good. Im playing around with wing back tweaks now trying to make them more offensive and ive made the right creative striker roam from position. ive also been playing without the S/I Pass to feet and im not noticing much difference in possession so I guess its safe to leave it off. I will report more once I got the data ready :)

sounds good :)
btw the amc if he has good dribbling i'd set him to run with ball often , no ? been playing like that since the start , was my only tweak till i tried tweaking the amc
i'm happy with my fullbacks here on defend for the moment , but i have good ones :)
or it could be just his fwd runs rarely , option 2 ;)

Last edited:
Onox. How do you think this tactic would suit Everton, starting new 1st season and what players do advise buying or should i say loaning seeing as you only get 2 mil to spend:(

Everton should have already a good AMC (Cahil) and if I remember right they have ok strikers? I would suggest you check your mid field to see if they are on par with the requirements on the first page, same goes for defence. I have never played with everton m8 so I dont know and im not home at the moment either so I cant view the team :/ I know others playing everton have had success using this tac so im sure you will get the hang of it :)

I've given this tactic a try with a new Man Utd save just to see what it can do and so far so good, it's produced some surprising results i must say.

I've noticed though that without Rooney in the team playing as the Advanced Forward I do struggle to find goals and create less chances. Of course i understand this may be due to not having another player of Rooney's standard sat on the bench waiting to play, any suggestions as to players i could be or any role changes i could make to solve this would be great. As of yet with the use of Berbatov and Macheda in that role instead of Rooney i do struggle.

However, here's some screenies of what it can do.

manutdvmancityinformati.png

manutdvmancitystatsmatc.png

blackburnvmanutdinforma.png

sunderlandvmanutdinform.png

javierhernndezprofileat.png
waynerooneyprofileattri.png

Back