PAV BetaBlockers 3-4-3/ 4-3-3

• Thread starter Thread starter ThePav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 371
  • Views Views 200K
Since the new update(18.1.2) things are going **** up unfortunately im using the 433 with genoa

Just wondering if anyone has personalised roles for strong players in their positions? Pogba for example I always swap to an attacking mez and try to give him a bit more freedom and to make up for it I'll change the BWM slightly depending on who's playing there, I'll occassionally swap the wing back PI's too if I'm in a comfortable position.

Cheerz mate

I've just tweaked it slightly been playing on it all weekend, set pieces and roles adjusted making the 4-3-3 a lot more solid and harder to break down while still being pragmatic up top. Just updated the links so you may have to re download. I found that the original 4-3-3 was no longer working either and the ink i updated earlier was better but still not as effective as the original was a week or so ago.. so hopefully the new link that should fix it as looks a lot better in my test

Guys, Final update of 4-3-3 for this weekend, sorry for constant updates but i've been doing very subtle tweaks, so if you downloaded please download to this one. If anyone tests the new 4-3-3 this week, be good to see if its fixed the issues since update like it has in my save it uses possession in midfield so much better. New throw ins, corners, free kicks included as well in 4-3-3 if they work will move over to the 3-4-3 so let us know how you do.

Guys, Final update of 4-3-3 for this weekend, sorry for constant updates but i've been doing very subtle tweaks, so if you downloaded please download to this one. If anyone tests the new 4-3-3 this week, be good to see if its fixed the issues since update like it has in my save it uses possession in midfield so much better. New throw ins, corners, free kicks included as well in 4-3-3 if they work will move over to the 3-4-3 so let us know how you do.

Just to check I have downloaded from the OP but it still has the same file name is this correct? THanks

Hi everyone. I was intrigued by this tactic; it looked interesting, so I decided to run with it and see how it goes.

Started a game with Bradford City (League 1), plugged in the tactic, made a few trades and went on my way. Overall, this worked amazingly well.
  • League: 1st (46 played, 34 wins, 9 draws, 3 losses, 109 goals for, 39 goals against)
  • League Cup: Lost in 2nd round
  • FA Cup: Lost in 1st round
  • Checkatrade Trophy: Won
View attachment 76943View attachment 76942View attachment 76941View attachment 76940
Note: Calendar omits 1-2 loss vs. Shrewsbury away on 11/25/2017

As one might expect, most of my goals came from my center forwards. The only recruit in that sector was Leon Best as a free agent. Dominic Poleon, Charlie Wyke, and Alex Jones were already at the club. These 4 made up 83% of my goals.

View attachment 76939View attachment 76938View attachment 76937View attachment 76936

In general, and as you can see from below, this tactic is good but does leave you open. Interestingly enough, I never truly dominated but almost always came out on top. I haven't tried it in a league where the strikers aren't 3rd division level so perhaps that will change next season for me. It is worth noting that I never lost a game by more than 1 goal (except against Leicester, but that's a PL team). Below are the game statistics of a 5-2 win against Wigan.

View attachment 76935

Make of that what you will. I hope I was somewhat helpful in evaluating this tactic. To conclude I would like to give a big shout-out to PAV for creating this beauty! Can't wait to take it to the Championship and higher!

Full disclosure, I did use Genie scout to recruit a few players as free agents, though only 1 of them became a regular starter in defense (Best ended up as a backup once Wyke came back from injury).

I don't own the game yet, simple question: do tactics with strikers finally works fine? I remember last year the best tactics were strikerless (which I hate).

Just an update, Ive made it to the semi finals of the euro cup. Sadly didn't win but we did one **** of a job.
Runner up in the dutch cup lost to a youth team, conclusion it was just not our day.

finaly i've won the dutch league with vitesse arnhem and the prediction was 5th.

My strikers Max Romero, Luc Castaignos and Walter Gonzalez did amazing scoring over 125 goals together.

Sorry but i'm not much of a screenshot guy.

I've just tweaked it slightly been playing on it all weekend, set pieces and roles adjusted making the 4-3-3 a lot more solid and harder to break down while still being pragmatic up top. Just updated the links so you may have to re download. I found that the original 4-3-3 was no longer working either and the ink i updated earlier was better but still not as effective as the original was a week or so ago.. so hopefully the new link that should fix it as looks a lot better in my test

Pav - is it not possible to upload the corner routine as a seperate file to add into the tactic. Be interested to try for 3-4-3.

Still using original 3-4-3. Still cruising.

Yet another red card when at 0-0.... yet another crushing victory. Still a 100% win record when going down to 10 men. Still taking off the Mezzala and switching wingbacks to support. Still enjoying watching my depleted team make an absolute mockery of the opposition.

View attachment 76797

Last edited:
i downloaded both the 4:3:3 and 3:4:3 tactics on Saturday and are working great for me with Leicester. The only times 4:3:3 counter has failed to deliver for me is against teams that park the bus (a few 0-0 bore draws) or very strong attacking teams like Man Utd where i've ended up conceeding 4-5 goals. I have noticed I'm conceeding more goals today with the 4:3:3 including the updated tactic.

As a striker a recommended signing is Walter Gonzalez, Maximilliano Romero.
Both scored 40+ a season, signed Gonzalez on a 1,5 mil deal. Sold him on clause just now for 12.5.
Romero is still going strong but not groing stats wize.

Pav - is it not possible to upload the corner routine as a seperate file to add into the tactic. Be interested to try for 3-4-3.

Yet another red card when at 0-0.... yet another crushing victory. Still a 100% win record when going down to 10 men. Still taking off the Mezzala and switching wingbacks to support. Still enjoying watching my depleted team make an absolute mockery of the opposition.

View attachment 1135068

Yh no worries will do it for this evening when i'm back from work.

Hi everyone. I was intrigued by this tactic; it looked interesting, so I decided to run with it and see how it goes.

Started a game with Bradford City (League 1), plugged in the tactic, made a few trades and went on my way. Overall, this worked amazingly well.
  • League: 1st (46 played, 34 wins, 9 draws, 3 losses, 109 goals for, 39 goals against)
  • League Cup: Lost in 2nd round
  • FA Cup: Lost in 1st round
  • Checkatrade Trophy: Won
View attachment 1134915View attachment 1134916View attachment 1134917View attachment 1134918
Note: Calendar omits 1-2 loss vs. Shrewsbury away on 11/25/2017

As one might expect, most of my goals came from my center forwards. The only recruit in that sector was Leon Best as a free agent. Dominic Poleon, Charlie Wyke, and Alex Jones were already at the club. These 4 made up 83% of my goals.

View attachment 1134919View attachment 1134920View attachment 1134921View attachment 1134922

In general, and as you can see from below, this tactic is good but does leave you open. Interestingly enough, I never truly dominated but almost always came out on top. I haven't tried it in a league where the strikers aren't 3rd division level so perhaps that will change next season for me. It is worth noting that I never lost a game by more than 1 goal (except against Leicester, but that's a PL team). Below are the game statistics of a 5-2 win against Wigan.

View attachment 1134923

Make of that what you will. I hope I was somewhat helpful in evaluating this tactic. To conclude I would like to give a big shout-out to PAV for creating this beauty! Can't wait to take it to the Championship and higher!

Full disclosure, I did use Genie scout to recruit a few players as free agents, though only 1 of them became a regular starter in defense (Best ended up as a backup once Wyke came back from injury).

what version you use?

View attachment 1135068

When you take off the MEZ do you move the other CM into the centre or leave it?

As a striker a recommended signing is Walter Gonzalez, Maximilliano Romero.
Both scored 40+ a season, signed Gonzalez on a 1,5 mil deal. Sold him on clause just now for 12.5.
Romero is still going strong but not groing stats wize.

Did well with him too, still got Gonzalex after 2 seasons with Stuttgart, paid £750k and he is now worth £32m

I would love to try this one out, though I can't find any of my players to fit in the front line (except for the center striker). It's a team that only has 2 strikers, the rest are all wingers. How can I fix this? Is retraining them an option &nd is this fast enough?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Back