I think this is a very good tactic, am using it in a new game with arsenal with pretty good results! Until now that is... didn't lose a single game and only conceded 3, until Man Utd away that is. The match started pretty good, I took the lead but soon after that my team collapsed for some reason. Eventually ending up with 10 men and Rooney scoring six times in the 8-1 (!!) defeat. My GK Enyeama was rated a 1.0 in this match ... Anyone had something similar with this tactic? Also I draw a lot against lower ranked teams, Wigan, Bolton etc.

Props for the tactic though!

I think this is a very good tactic, am using it in a new game with arsenal with pretty good results! Until now that is... didn't lose a single game and only conceded 3, until Man Utd away that is. The match started pretty good, I took the lead but soon after that my team collapsed for some reason. Eventually ending up with 10 men and Rooney scoring six times in the 8-1 (!!) defeat. My GK Enyeama was rated a 1.0 in this match ... Anyone had something similar with this tactic? Also I draw a lot against lower ranked teams, Wigan, Bolton etc.

Props for the tactic though!

Despite being highly rated by everyone my self included Enyeama is not that good in the prem.My second season as Burnely he was my top player despite conceeding 10 in 3 games(Thats alot)
Who are your defenders.
Vermaelan-Arsenals best and a very good defender.
Koscielney-Quite good but not good enough.
Djouro-The same as above
Squillaci-Might as well have no one there.
Still tho defensivley u got smashed.

Barcelona V3

Barcelona is said to be one of or even the best team in history. Barcelona in the years of Josep Guardiola have won La Liga (2), Copa Del Rey, Supercopa de Espana (2), Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup. In only 2 years in managing top flight football. With him making a completely new Barca tactic, in controlling the game, the modern midfielder, the Dani Alves modern right-back role, and with Xavi being one of the top passers.

View attachment 136679

Have worked to make Busquets to become the modern midfielder, becoming the 3rd defender, possibly one of the hardest tasks, but I have done my best in the matches, he is either near the CB's or actually the 3rd CB. Dani Alves has been running up and down the field just like in Barca, he has assisted the perfect goal (post before). Messi and Pedro, have the same idea as they play in real life, and they are constantly switch positions to drive the opposition crazy. The point of the Barca football is to take the ball into the box and score, only rare chances are done were Barcelona shot from distance, as in this tactic. Xavi is getting 60-100 passes a match, and is being influential in assisting the goals, and is seen in many chance to pass the ball to a better position that shooting. Lastly Barcelona control the game, lowest Possesion is 54 with a top team like Sevilla.

Sevilla Match

View attachment 136682
View attachment 136683

I posted the Sevilla match, because it was jut perfect, the away match was won 2-0 and had most of the chances, then it came home, Sevilla were given no breathing space and they were destroyed 5-0.

Match Prep
Defensive Positioning

Tactic
View attachment 136685

Barcelona V3

Barcelona is said to be one of or even the best team in history. Barcelona in the years of Josep Guardiola have won La Liga (2), Copa Del Rey, Supercopa de Espana (2), Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup. In only 2 years in managing top flight football. With him making a completely new Barca tactic, in controlling the game, the modern midfielder, the Dani Alves modern right-back role, and with Xavi being one of the top passers.

View attachment 136679

Have worked to make Busquets to become the modern midfielder, becoming the 3rd defender, possibly one of the hardest tasks, but I have done my best in the matches, he is either near the CB's or actually the 3rd CB. Dani Alves has been running up and down the field just like in Barca, he has assisted the perfect goal (post before). Messi and Pedro, have the same idea as they play in real life, and they are constantly switch positions to drive the opposition crazy. The point of the Barca football is to take the ball into the box and score, only rare chances are done were Barcelona shot from distance, as in this tactic. Xavi is getting 60-100 passes a match, and is being influential in assisting the goals, and is seen in many chance to pass the ball to a better position that shooting. Lastly Barcelona control the game, lowest Possesion is 54 with a top team like Sevilla.

Sevilla Match

View attachment 136682
View attachment 136683

I posted the Sevilla match, because it was jut perfect, the away match was won 2-0 and had most of the chances, then it came home, Sevilla were given no breathing space and they were destroyed 5-0.

Match Prep
Defensive Positioning

Tactic
View attachment 136685

I hate you so much right now.Im just after finishing pre season with Barca trainning with V2.Is V3 majorly different as in if I where to switch now could the team adapt quickley.

Barcelona V3

View attachment 136679

Sevilla Match

View attachment 136682
View attachment 136683

Match Prep
Defensive Positioning

Tactic
View attachment 136685

More results

The problem with you guys you want more results ect and demand things, which demotivates me. You want more results to show you i am not making things up fine. I will load FM up Now

You're wrong. I want you to show more results to prove your tactic was good.
As for you ventura116 not deserve response.

@LGFIRE : In V3: No Shouts? Or OI?

Last edited:
Is it just me or has every question ive asked on this thread been ignored or do you just not have an answer.

Is it just me or has every question ive asked on this thread been ignored or do you just not have an answer.
Sorry i did not notice it, yea i think you can just change it, there shouldnt really be a problem

Can you tell me what way you have placed the defence and player instructions for them because I have conceeded 7 goals but I havnt scored that many so I might try and combine this tactic with a different tactic to see if it will be good defensivley and offensivley.

Again one of the closest I have see that matches Barca's play in real life, if u want more input, I wrote an article on adapting Barcelona tactics to FM, anyways good tactic

show me the results

Good olde ventura116. How I missed you :S

LGFIRE, be prepared for many silly posts and countless PMs from ventura116. He done it on my Barca tactic thread for FM10. I just eventually stopped replying.

Anywho, I'm gonna try you tactic out as well as try to develop my own again

Again one of the closest I have see that matches Barca's play in real life, if u want more input, I wrote an article on adapting Barcelona tactics to FM, anyways good tactic

Thanks mate, but im going to do small tweaking, since I think there should be small fixes in a few positions

Good olde ventura116. How I missed you :S

LGFIRE, be prepared for many silly posts and countless PMs from ventura116. He done it on my Barca tactic thread for FM10. I just eventually stopped replying.

Anywho, I'm gonna try you tactic out as well as try to develop my own again

Yea i noticed....... thanks can wait to see what you say