Peterborough after 2 seasons qualified to Champion league-4-2-2-2-false defence.

tbh i dont know how on earth uve had success with this tactic...for example i lost 3/5 then played wolves away in cup(im liverpool) and lost 2-1..it was the result it wa the fact i had 2 shots to thier 18.im about 10 games into season and have got 17 points in league..i dont know why this tactic isnt working for me i really dont

tbh i dont know how on earth uve had success with this tactic...for example i lost 3/5 then played wolves away in cup(im liverpool) and lost 2-1..it was the result it wa the fact i had 2 shots to thier 18.im about 10 games into season and have got 17 points in league..i dont know why this tactic isnt working for me i really dont

The basic principles of the tactic are absolutely fine and I can see why people are having success. However....

If I am completely honest, it didn't work for me with Liverpool either, despite giving the tactic plenty of time to work. I did start using the tactic around 10 games into my first season so was aware that it may take time for the side to get used to it but it never happened.

Watching all games closely, I could see where the problems were with the tactic in relation to my squad so set about making various tweaks to try and suit the style I wanted. Following the tweaks, we went on a run with only 2 defeats in 17 games and also went on to win the FA Cup against Spurs. Now in the following season, I have only been beaten once in 10 games (that was my fault with team talks) including defeating Man City in the Community Shield. I currently sit 3rd in the PL and have kept clean sheets in 6 of those 10 games.

I'm happy to share the tweaks I have made, but didn't want to jump into Meraklija's thread and post any mods to the tactic without him being aware.

Last edited:
That would be interestinf Darandio. Discussion is always good.

Only thing ive switched is set pieces: quick to mixxed. With quick it leads to a lot of loss of the ball it seems.

Can you mention like the two or three best players for each position in the game? It would be great to see what type of players are the best. Is it always a good way to filter yours search after ex. a poacher in the player search or what do you recommend?

The basic principles of the tactic are absolutely fine and I can see why people are having success. However....

If I am completely honest, it didn't work for me with Liverpool either, despite giving the tactic plenty of time to work. I did start using the tactic around 10 games into my first season so was aware that it may take time for the side to get used to it but it never happened.

Watching all games closely, I could see where the problems were with the tactic in relation to my squad so set about making various tweaks to try and suit the style I wanted. Following the tweaks, we went on a run with only 2 defeats in 17 games and also went on to win the FA Cup against Spurs. Now in the following season, I have only been beaten once in 10 games (that was my fault with team talks) including defeating Man City in the Community Shield. I currently sit 3rd in the PL and have kept clean sheets in 6 of those 10 games.

I'm happy to share the tweaks I have made, but didn't want to jump into Meraklija's thread and post any mods to the tactic without him being aware.

I would say every team is diferent,every team respond diferently on the tactic,also I am happy that some like to observe their team in matches and try to adjust their team instructions.

Looks like plenty people having problem with Liverpool,so after this Holidays i will take them and i will try to win Premiership.
I MUST SAY I SEEN PLENTY MISTAKES BY SOME PEOPLE

1-PEOPLE STILL STARTING GAME IN JULY
2-PEOPLE GOING IN SEASON WITH BAD MORAL
3-PEOPLE DONT NOW WHAT TRAINING TO USE BEFORE START OF SEASON
4-PEOPLE DONT NOW HOW TO INCREASE TEAM MORAL
5-PEOPLE STILL BUYING PLAYERS WITH LOW DETERMINATION
6-PEOPLE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT ATRIBUTES ARE NEEDED FOR CERTAIN POSITIONS

I completely agree, it's going to be completely different for everyone, different teams and different signings, the variables are immense.

With your permission, can I attach my version of your tactic for others to try if they are interested? Or would you prefer a completely different thread in order to keep this one as it is, with full credits to yourself of course?

Can you mention like the two or three best players for each position in the game? It would be great to see what type of players are the best. Is it always a good way to filter yours search after ex. a poacher in the player search or what do you recommend?

This is very tricky question,i to many things need to be considered so ther is not certain answer there.

Example In my team best player have only 3 star report his name is M.Bostwick his value form 500 now reached more then 8m I will just tell you i never seen this guy to have match rating less then 7 he is animal even if Anchorman it is not his natural position.

Who is best player for position of AMCR for this tactic?

This I asked few people and nobody didnt have corect answer.

Who is best player for position of AMCR for this tactic?

I am sure that nobody will have same answer like me?

A player like Gerrard would in my opinion be a really good player in the AMCR because he also has defensive skills? But if I did as I always would do, then I would place a good technical player like Özil or Iniesta whom I am sure aren't the best players for the position!

Further to my posts earlier about the modifications I have made to the tactic. Following the latter part of season 1 where we became stronger and went on to win the FA Cup, here are the results for the early part of season 2.

Like I said above, if anyone is interested and with Meraklija's permission, I'll gladly attach. Or if he prefers, I can start a new thread, with full credit to him for providing the basis for the tactic.

1 not everyone has played this game since CM3
2 some people play this game more casually and arent into learning everything
3 this game has so much to keep in mind and learn, tactics, morale, training etc

I bet more people fail or use downloaded tactics then make their own tactics and do good over a long period of time.

So yes i'm interested to see more info by you on the points you mentioned. Not long ago i didnt go deeper into player positions then: 'okay Gaston Ramires is good and he is AMC so i will play him AMC in whatever role' not looking at PPMs or even specific stats that would be good/bad for the role he plays.

Looking forward to see the Liverpool progress, they have some good players but also miss squad depth.

For AMRC in first season Jack Willshere seems good or Marek Hamsik but he does have 'goes deep' ppm.

1 not everyone has played this game since CM3
2 some people play this game more casually and arent into learning everything
3 this game has so much to keep in mind and learn, tactics, morale, training etc

I bet more people fail or use downloaded tactics then make their own tactics and do good over a long period of time.

So yes i'm interested to see more info by you on the points you mentioned. Not long ago i didnt go deeper into player positions then: 'okay Gaston Ramires is good and he is AMC so i will play him AMC in whatever role' not looking at PPMs or even specific stats that would be good/bad for the role he plays.

Looking forward to see the Liverpool progress, they have some good players but also miss squad depth.

For AMRC in first season Jack Willshere seems good or Marek Hamsik but he does have 'goes deep' ppm.

I wil,just tell if you seen what player instructions have AMCR all will be verry clear for you.

AMCR in this tactic is more defensive and more focused on helping team .

Will Hughes is perfect for this role but he must be coretly guided and trained, even he is very young and his mental stats are slovly increasing he was in top 5 players in Premiership by distance covered,imagine him on later stages.

My ideal AMCR for this tactic is K.Honda his defensive and mental stats are insane also he have good tehnical skills and high long shot ability.

Hmm i almost got Honda for free last season. Finished 4th 3d season slowly improving. Im gonna play Adryan as amlc Gaston Ramirez Amrc.

Got Fierro, Chicarito, Kadlec and Caceido up front.

Hmm i almost got Honda for free last season. Finished 4th 3d season slowly improving. Im gonna play Adryan as amlc Gaston Ramirez Amrc.

Got Fierro, Chicarito, Kadlec and Caceido up front.

Nice next season you can fight for title.

So what you like in this tactic?

Me personaly likes even with posesion of 35 percent i have much more shoots and clear chances then oponent.

I like also passing of my 4 midfilders,basicly they playing Futsal and making fun with oponent.

Nice next season you can fight for title.

So what you like in this tactic?

Me personaly likes even with posesion of 35 percent i have much more shoots and clear chances then oponent.

I like also passing of my 4 midfilders,basicly they playing Futsal and making fun with oponent.

Im also a fan of the lower but efficient posession. i dont like fall asleep tactics by barca .... mourinho real madrid football is much more exciting with lightning fast counters. i also noticed how much more morale and player confidence matters in fm 2013 than fm 2012. i think thats good. in my save my real madrid team had really low morale and i struggled even with 7-8 CCC per game i didnt win because they just didnt score. second season i worked with teamwork and after i started winning more and more games morale rose and i crushed La Liga with most scored and least conceded

I like that it is completely different from other tactics. Efficient use of the ball, low possession, no wingers.

In real life i prefer systems with wingers, but I am dutch and here 4/5 teams use 433 or 4231

my friend i don't know why but your first tactic work much beter then update......ore not?

Again, using my modified version of this tactic (it was a wonderful base with which to work with) it looks like I may well have a title challenge this year.

"Possession isn't everything, it's what you do with it that counts"

my friend i don't know why but your first tactic work much beter then update......ore not?

For me the updated tactic works better. If you just switched your team will have problem with the change in width probably.

i did change some stuff:
- throw ins to mixxed = less loss of the ball in retarded spots
- play through middle changed to mixxed. Too much narrow teams with 1 or 2 dmcs.

currently 2nd in league with Southapmton 4th season after 7 games, won 2/2 in CL and beat Arsenal away for cup.