Portsmouth F.C - The Rebuilding Job

Who to be!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 208784

View attachment 988408
Portsmouth Vs Leeds

Now then this is a big big match for us they are currently in third one point ahead of us...

So I'm Playing my usual 4-1-2-2-1
Linder, Dasilva Dermaku Anton Faraoni Fernandez Johnson Ekeng Sinclair Bantsimba Benzia

Leeds have got a flat 4-4-2

Here we go!

So Benzia gets an minor after 10minutes... Not good I bring on Watt

7 Minutes later sinclair on the right crosses it in to watt brings it down and smashes it home within the 18 yard box :) 1-0

Some good passing and a poor save from Linder means it is 1-1 already bah! instant reply

Leeds have a few more chances before half time draws upon us

Ekeng finds johnson just outside the box runs forward BANG 2-1

leeds are now having chance after chance were just running down the clock were not going to lose but a draw is still very much on the cards

hahaha VICTORY! went defensive rat out the clock brilliant win not so much the performance but more what it means we are now in 3rd!!!! 2 points off Sheff Utd in 2nd and 6 points off Villa who are top

Now then SaintMotBot :p

View attachment 208783
Robot wearing a saints kit i did in 5 minutes on paint shut up :p

what are we going to do with you ^^

hmmm well you are a robot so maybe we'll add a bit of this

View attachment 208781

which means

View attachment 208782

View attachment 208780

Ok back to normality

View attachment 208667
View attachment 988533
View attachment 208661

View attachment 208659

Let's see then a decent month but we did lose to cardiff and bournemouth which is a shame they were both close matches both really tight just in the end they were the ones who scored the lads played good enough tho in fairness.

Really the same could be said for sunderland and leeds too 2-1 wins on both matches both close just that we were more clinical when we hit them on the counter :)

Leaving Hull who we DESTROYED! brilliant stuff Benzia got 2 in the first half becoming coming off for a concussion sinclair grabbed another 2 he's done really well for us

So Benzia has really hit the ground running 4 apps 3 goals Daniel Johnson and Sinclair have both done really well also.
I decided to have a check up on some of my former players
So Crowley now a club icon! he had two seasons on loan! :p hes doing well at fulham not as well as he did for me tho but it is a step up

Delac has made 17 apps for sheff utd who are one point ahead of us time will tell if that was a good move for him!

Declan Rudd is at everton played a few games not many has done particularly well

McNulty who was my 1st striker in the 1st year is now playing at Hearts 18 apps 3 goals...

Duckworth went from Millwall to Wigan in a 43k move who has only made 3 apps this season

Bielik another former arsenal prodigy who was loaned to us he went to stoke in a 10m move have one good season and now is playing poorly 9 apps 6.54

Donyoh is in sweden of all places doing well

anthony gerrard went to crewe before being released he's thinking about retiring

Rodriguez sigh such a waster he's been at Saint-Etienne for 3 years and has made a total of 6 appearances he scored 23 goals for us in 30 had an average rating of 7.44!

Finally Carlton Morris is at charlton 7 apps 2 goals moved for 350k maybe should have bought him ah well

View attachment 208614

View attachment 988589

View attachment 208613
View attachment 208612

Oh no no no no no no no were in a slump as always my teams always seem to slump towards the end we cant score I dont know what to do there's only 6 games left can we hold on to the play off spots???

I Dont know!!!!

Cant even put my finger on why, morale is high fitness is solid just not clincial enough but if i go more attacking we seem to get exploited at the back!

well played FM well played its fighting back and its beating me

time I fought back with a tweak of tactic

We shall see How that goes

115782-200.png

View attachment 208609

View attachment 988595

View attachment 208608

6 well 5 games left I thought I keep the suspension going a bit with matchly updates untill the end of the season

We've been in poor form as you know so this one I decided to play with my tactic B control the match low tempo keep the ball and well it worked

Dominated Possession we are still struggling for goals Sinclair scored his after 3 attempts constantly getting blocked before eventually scoring a tap in but good enough to keep us in the play offs which all what counts and against a fellow play off candidate which is a good omen :)

View attachment 208604

View attachment 208587
View attachment 988621

View attachment 208586

View attachment 208585

30 yards! he scored from 30 yards fml, we had it in the bag jay da silva with the cross Watt got his head on it bang 1-0 early on then I held them out defensive style structured ran down the clock it was all working so well before he scored a 30 yard screamer!!

2 games 2 point gap I dont rate our chances having said that we've got wolves next surely we can win that one! right?...

View attachment 208583

View attachment 208576

View attachment 988632

View attachment 208574

View attachment 208573
Don't push the button...

Over run out played embarrassed what do we do I mean they were already relegated absolutely nothing to play for

1 game 1 point lead against wouldnt you know it southampton I gotta admit this story is becoming more and more Hollywoody

Oh I this is even better guess who there playing next?

yep wolves

View attachment 208571
You know whats funny? 1st year in championship 14th 64 points...

View attachment 208570
View attachment 988640
Ok here we go Portsmouth Vs Barnsley
Southampton Vs Wolves
and Crystal Palace Vs Derby

All 3 of us competing for that final spot its in our hands we have the 1 point lead im so nervous

So I decided to go attacking goals has been our issue and we should beat barnsley there not in great form either

Ive started with Benzia here goes something...

oh gawd what if they score within 1 minute I daren't hit play curse u fm! this is even the playoffs!

K.O

2mins: da silva throw in deep in their half finds benzia inside the box one two shoots! saved and cleared decent start none the less

Sinclair bursts down the left flank cross comes in...

BENZIA!!!

_47425581_pompey_fans_getty.jpg

Hit it so well on the volley 1-0 4mins in

18mins: throw in Dasilva again to take it very close to the corner flag sinclair gets a shot off comes to nothing

Southampton are 2-1 up palace are 1-0 down

View attachment 208566

SINCLAIR!!!!!!!

scores his 14th goal of the season came from Faraoni

View attachment 208563
View attachment 208562
Perfect ball 2-0 22mins

feeling more relaxed now not gonna lie

they kick off a few passes one misplaced we win it back anton clears it up to Benzia who runs onto it hang on surely hes not gonna score...

View attachment 208561

View attachment 208560

:P 3-0 they like to tease me this team honestly why didnt we play like this before could have had this wrapped up by now!!!

saints still 2-1 up

HT 3-0 surely we cant blow this

End to End stuff so far

and there it is 4-0 Benzia again! crossed in from Bantsimba the wonderkid game over were in the playoffs get in!!!

oh no Sinclair just got injured...

if he's out for long...

NO! jay da silva just picked up a minor injury

FT

Well we won but at what cost! at what cost!!!

ARGH!!! Sinclair is out for 3 ******* weeks

View attachment 208553

View attachment 988663

So then Sheff Utd In the Playoffs eek

And as you saw in my previous post weve never done particularly well against them...

Im up agaisnt my former GK delac and I have no sinclair in terms of tactics im also a bit stumped.

Last match I went attacking full out attack fluid high pressing everything you want in a team and it worked like a charm

However Sheff Utd probably have the better team certainly on par so maybe thats not the way forward especially with no sinclair

I could go counter? or I could go defensive and structured In the end I decided to listen to my staff

They recommend a flat 4-4-2 not a chance... but play on the counter with a little less freedom and fluidity I've never beaten them so it was worth a shot.

So then 4-1-2-2-1 its a full strength squad other than Sinclair I start with Benzia and after 30mins its 0-0 and its a dead heat so far 50/50 possession we have had more shots in fairness 4 to their 2.

so much is riding on this

they come close to breaking the deadlock right before half time with a shot inside the box that glazes over the bar

HT press forward? go back or stay the same... were doing ok but ideally we need to score before going to bramall lane I tell them they have been unlucky and change nothing they seem motivated so nervous
personal_goal_impo_3086204b.jpg

And then it Happened!!!

Bantsimba in the 56minute dribbles down the right holding off the defender somehow picks out Benzia

View attachment 208547

who scores!!!!

This is awesome! but now what do I do?
Keep things the same or defend and hold the lead???

Im going to keep things the same one goal is great but we cant defend one match and the whole of this match

64mins in Dasilva's on a yellow but I want him on the pitch argh freekick to us though maybe 50 yards out close to the half way line... fell to insua who takes a shot!
easy save

Sheff Utd are pushing now keeping me on edge another shot coming very close time is ticking is one enough? is one enough!

75mins in 1st change I take Dasilva off he's playing really well but hes tired and on a yellow my cover LB isnt very good but I stick him on limited full back even by doing so means were less attacking at this stage might be for the best

Freekick to them this time long ball in header!
so very very close...

my wingers are tired but I dont have anyone on the bench suitable so I be brave i put them from AML and AMR to MR and ML switch Bearzotti around with johnson who can paritally play on the left and sub him

80mins there attacking again might be time to go densive...
too late 1-1 reed found adams who found aye in space for an easy tap in

hang on now then this makes things intresting theyve just had a man sent off for hacking at my winger who burst down the flank 10mins left could we get another?

johnson takes a crack!

so close FT 1-1

well more shots less possesion 1-1 draw second leg is going to be tricky their man sent off is a decent cb tho so thats soemthing away goals count balls

View attachment 208540
View attachment 988678

So Huddersfield beat cardiff so they're in the final Sinclair isnt back but other than that were all good. Tactic? my staff's ideas well frankly they were nonsense so im keeping with their previous recommendation I felt we edged them last game so Im hoping this will work again but we do need to score which might be problematic we shall see...

4 mins in and Bantsimba tests the goalkeeper good sign
1 minute later they do the same to us so dont read too much into it :p
23mins: they've got the ball but were having the chances could go either way
36mins: theyve got the ball deep in our half on the left hand side cross comes in finds a man shoots! hits the post but still in play linder dives makes a right hash off it ball is on the line but not in the goal about 1 yard away Linder is on the floor with his back to the ball linder starts to get up Jean their striker pounces on the ball shooting hitting it at linder! ball is still in play! linder is now inside the goal what is he doing! jean shoots again hits the post out of play wow
another corner to them... comes to nothing

HT

Ok so they are on top we have 45 minutes to score im unsure what to do...
I keep the same but tell them to shoot on sight fingers crossed

47mins: so it turns out they have had 3 times the amount of shots weve had...

51mins: Batsimba up to Faraoni hes out wide but close to the 18 yard box he starts to cut inside looking for the cross...

View attachment 208539
View attachment 208538
sport-graphics-2008_697368a.jpg

GOAL!!!!

Bearzotti gets his head on it and we are 1-0 up 2-1 on aggregate 52mins gone can we do this!?!

Another corner another shot just wide they are all over us at the minute...

68mins: it had been coming Henri Saviet scores from a ridiclous angle Linder should have saved

screw it I doubt were going to win over 120minutes Attack!

I send the lads forward Attacking Mentality, Fluidity and pray...

its not really working theyve got more of the ball

80minutes Faraoni gets injured ARGH!!!!

82minutes Benzia has a minor injury....

84minutes were running out of time...

188a692.jpg

WE DID IT!!!! HEADER FROM A CORNER EKENG! so little time left!!!

FT

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

kool_aid_man__oh_yeah__by_mrfletch1000-d4uytdq.jpg

Aint commented much but im loving the story! And all the extra little pics lol.
Your doing a great job raising pompey from the flames! Good luck in the final!!

playoff-logo-43543-2435643_478x359.jpg

XoDS.png

Play Off Final Here we go!

Despite Faraoni Being Injured I'm feeling confident not going to lie our record against Huddersfield is much better sinclair isnt 100% fit but he can play and we have a good record for getting promoted through the playoffs!

View attachment 208504
So much better Q's this year!

Im going to attack from the off this time we have the better team we deserve to be there its time lets win it well lets win it my way COME ON!!!

K.O

10minutes: First shot comes from Sinclair just past the post!
18minutes: Benzia!!! header it was came from batsimba were all over them yet to score
26minutes: Their first chance of the game a long shot from a guy called billing wasn't that close

HT quite a boring half a few shots for both sides im still confident though Sinclair cant manage another 45 I take him off and press continue

52: Batsimba bursts down the right flank ball comes in surely this time... Bearzotti shoots! saved! Benzia! saved again! Bearzotti again! OMG corner brilliant keeping
53: Silva got a shot off came to nothing
56: Silva with the freekick goes out for ... wait a minute

cahillhand_3100245b.jpg

Handball which means

penalty-kicks-in-soccer.jpg

Da Silva to take...

52916662.jpg

He hit it straight down the middle!
for crying out loud

66: BENZIA!!!UGH SAVED surely were not going to lose this one...
I bring on Watt for Benzia maybe he can score..

81: Still 0-0 now they have a corner surely not...
nope way over come on finish them!!!

84: they come close again now im worried im going counter

88: its all huddersfield at the minute passing it around nicely

BANG! omg that was close off the bar now im freaking out I thought we had this...

ET

throw in deep in their half da silva is in space!!!

ugh saved FFS!!!

another chance missed

HTET

Silva already missed a penalty im worried

the lads are exhausted counter attacking football doesnt really work with tired players im going control

111mins: they burst down the left flank high floating ball into the middle paterson strikes he cant miss...

i-cant-watch.jpg

LINDER!!!!

saved omg

Penalties penalties for the playoff final!

how can FM be this cruel?

I cant do this what if we lose WHAT IF WE LOSE

do you know how long I haved wasted on today?!? or in general for that matter

Dasilva already missed do you let him take one?

I have no idea

View attachment 208498

You know when on TV a character is about to die and they know there about to die... I kinda feel like that

I cant this is worse than istanbul!!!

ok there going first...

Malone whoever that is Saved!!!!
oh my goodness saved that was a weird penalty he started to run from the left but changed his mind and instead ran from the right and hit it

Please Tony Watt Please Pretty please score...
yes! keeper didnt move 1-0

Paterson for them im totally hiding under my duvet right now such a child...
keeper dives the right way! no goal good peno not gonna lie 1-1

Da silva oh what was I thinking...
he missed the target... i am totally sending you back to chelsea

Vaughan I dont want to lose!!!! ... goal 2-1 :S

ok my turn Anton... hits it hard and low :D 2-2

Holmes for them mwhahahahah!!!! LINDER!!! You know i was thinking about selling him at the end of the year :p

Ok Ekeng please ...

YES! 4-3 4-3 4-3!!! we are so close...

Billing if he misses we win...

argh keeper got a hand to it but he scored...

OMG ok may a pompey lad surely i darent hit play what if he misses!?!

WHAT IF HE MISSES!!!

I mean if he misses we still have a chance...

but this is fm so prob not

so many hours into this save

I cant press it

you press it

oh right....

ok

here goes

I hate this game

Ward shoots...

LINDER!!!!!

what more does he have to do!

Ok surely this time Borja Fernandez...

Your-own-champion.jpg

PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you have steel nerves...

But yeah good job taken Pompey back where they belong!!! And Im not even Pompey fan but still good job and congrats!!

I thought you have steel nerves...

But yeah good job taken Pompey back where they belong!!! And Im not even Pompey fan but still good job and congrats!!

haha thanks m8 been a long long road but we got there!

View attachment 208029
View attachment 989264

View attachment 208028View attachment 208027View attachment 208026View attachment 208025View attachment 208024View attachment 208023

These screenshots pretty much explain themselves

6 members of the squad think that we can trying to avoid relegation is to ambitious!

My Best XI is just well it isnt far off IMO I dont agree with Faranoi on the right wing he should be at RB and Roberts or Sinclair to be honest should be there has to be Rodriguez upfront

Wage Bill was INSANELY low how did we get 6th!

and the stadium expansion well the heart is in the right place but I mean 750 seats what is the point :p

Back