SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

That is essentially what I said yes. Changes are being considered for the next seasons draft, however the game will not be changed just on the whim of one of the top teams just because they dont like losing players.

This game is designed to be a unique challenge, and I feel that making too many alterations will drag it back towards being a regular chairman game which this is not supposed to be.

At the end of the day this game relies on my time and effort to make it all work, so the one player at a time draft system simply will not work on that front. I will take under consideration the home grown player suggestion.

I was just bringing up a problem that I had and suggesting that it could be looked into being changed. I'm very sorry for having an opinion on the draft that you came up with. In future, I just won't mention any problems :)

I really wish what I said was taken a bit more seriously though rather than you just brushing it off immediately...

Can we activate release clauses of say Players of Barcelona/Atletico?

Sorry to hear you have issues with the game. I said all along that this was very much a work in progress and an experimental thing. Steps need to be made to ensure that small teams have a chance in this league, and I feel the best team will be the players with the best knowledge of the transfer market/players from lesser leagues which brings a fairly unique challenge. The draft was originally supposed to work one player at a time, so that the issue of all the good players being taken instantly wasn't going to happen, but time constraints didnt allow for that to happen. Another rule of the draft is that you will lose no more than three players from your team, meaning that if you will only lose some players, but you will also gain some.

As has been suggested already, you are fortunate enough to have a massive team with serious financial clout which makes the game easier for you as you can get replacements and recruit young stars.

At the end of the day, everybody is in the same boat, so nobody is at a disadvantage more than anybody else.

All I can suggest is that you are more than welcome to leave if that is what you wish.

Drafting every season seems a little overkill to me. Why don't we do the draft every 3-4 seasons or something like that?

Or maybe do a draft every season but only for squad players. Maybe each team can submit a list of 20 players (starting XI + subs + hot prospects or something) and the rest go into the draft pool, along with free agents.

You can indeed, however a lot of these clauses have already been cancelled due to new contracts being offered by the chairmen of these clubs. If you are interested in any of these players, drop me a message and I will check the list for you to see if you can make the deal happen. :)

Also if a player has a release clause which is greater than 2xValue...Would we get him for twice his value or his RC?

Doubt it, given that those would be C2C transfers. So it's really up to the chairman of said club.

Having said that, I'm in the process of restructuring players' contracts to remove those pesky things :P

Also if a player has a release clause which is greater than 2xValue...Would we get him for twice his value or his RC?

The way I do it in my game is the lesser of the two fees. I presume the same applies here too.

I was just bringing up a problem that I had and suggesting that it could be looked into being changed. I'm very sorry for having an opinion on the draft that you came up with. In future, I just won't mention any problems :)

I really wish what I said was taken a bit more seriously though rather than you just brushing it off immediately...

Once again I can only apologise if you have any problems.

I can assure you though that sarcasm/petulance will not get you anywhere. I have already aknowledged several times that there are problems, and also stated that changes are under consideration. All comments are taken seriously and I am keeping a running list of any opinions or suggestions that anybody offers.

I do quite like the idea of selecting a limited squad and any players not in it go to a draft pool, perhaps much like the MLS system.

As far as I am concerned though, the problem has been raised, you have made your point. Let it lay.

Real Madrid Transfer List

Gareth Bale - 47.5 million just over half what he cost a world class player for a decent fee

Karim Benzema - 37.5 Million one of the best strikers and would likely also be willing to blackmail players of other teams on your behalf

Mateo Kovacic - 27.5 million good young CM ideal if you want another player to be meet the U-23 rule and at 21 would do that for the next couple of years

Kovacic is sold

If you want any other player let me know​

Last edited:
Once again I can only apologise if you have any problems.

I can assure you though that sarcasm/petulance will not get you anywhere. I have already aknowledged several times that there are problems, and also stated that changes are under consideration. All comments are taken seriously and I am keeping a running list of any opinions or suggestions that anybody offers.

I do quite like the idea of selecting a limited squad and any players not in it go to a draft pool, perhaps much like the MLS system.

As far as I am concerned though, the problem has been raised, you have made your point. Let it lay.

Okay, thats fine. It's just the way you said it just made it seem like to me you were pretty much brushing it aside. I'm glad it's being taken under consideration and I'm sorry if I came off as a bit of a ***** :)

Oh, what's the situation with finances again? Like do we get a load of money at the end of each season? As well as prize money and money for game wins and draws?

Alright, time for something more important.

-Mission Leverkusen calling PatrickLFC, I repeat, Mission Leverkusen calling PatrickLFC-

Oh, what's the situation with finances again? Like do we get a load of money at the end of each season? As well as prize money and money for game wins and draws?

Yes! Plus as of now 100 Million after as year or round about I guess

Alright, time for something more important.

-Mission Leverkusen calling PatrickLFC, I repeat, Mission Leverkusen calling PatrickLFC-
[video=youtube;gwlt4VSKnOA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwlt4VSKnOA[/video]

To make it more authentic

REMINDER TO ALL PLAYERS!

Transfer window will close at 9 pm GMT tonight! that is in just over two hours time!

I will aim to get the full transfer update out tomorrow.

After the update, a second chance window will open to all players for a further 24 hours in case people have missed out on targets. Unlike in other chairman games, this window will operate just like a normal window whereby C2C, Foreign, Loan and Free will all still be available to all players.

I also wanted peoples opinions on this release clause in chairman own clubs issue.

I am sorely tempted to uphold release clauses that have not been negotiated out of contracts, however I appreciate this is pretty inconveniant to everybody just randomly losing players without warning.

The system I am considering implementing is that if a release clause is activated, both the existing team and the perspective buyers both make a wage offer with the highest offer securing the player? let me know what you think!

The system I am considering implementing is that if a release clause is activated, both the existing team and the perspective buyers both make a wage offer with the highest offer securing the player? let me know what you think!

I'd say that is fair my only concern is that it will mainly affect Spanish teams as they have to include a release clause in every contract where as for everywhere else it isn't that common

I'd say that is fair my only concern is that it will mainly affect Spanish teams as they have to include a release clause in every contract where as for everywhere else it isn't that common

This is indeed a problem, however several players have already had those contracts removed and have been very proactive in doing so.

Perhaps we should not do release clauses in this window? give everybody the season to sort contracts out, and then everybody will have plenty of notice when it starts next window? perhaps in January?

This is indeed a problem, however several players have already had those contracts removed and have been very proactive in doing so.

Perhaps we should not do release clauses in this window? give everybody the season to sort contracts out, and then everybody will have plenty of notice when it starts next window? perhaps in January?

Agreed. I think release clauses should be left alone for now. BTW, are we allowed to trade off players we drafted?

Agreed. I think release clauses should be left alone for now. BTW, are we allowed to trade off players we drafted?

You are allowed to conduct deals with drafted players. They are yours to do as you wish now :)

Back