SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

Can I buy some cleansheets please? I am so glad I brought back Rooney, Sturridge and Kane have been ****.

Inter October Update

New Boy Imbula scored again but we were again lucky to get a draw. Home form needs to improve if we are going to survive in this league. Bayern dominated possession but we were defensively good, again for our goalkeeper to come up short. 3 shots on target, 2 scored.

This was embarrassing. Juventus were on a different level and we seriously need to get our act together. The whole Juventus midfield ran riot.

Despite the rotten October, the best part is that a lot of tough games are behind us. And we can only move up from here. Although, the morale in the dressing room is not that great at the moment and this might be a cause of concern.

When asked about Mancini's position, Sachin provided a vote of confidence: "I believe that we have the right man in charge and that he will turn things around." This does nothing to quell the rumors in the media that Mancini might get the sack sooner.

Last edited:
**** I missed a lot other the last few days!

Will try and get an update out tonight.

View attachment 168966

Milan September and October Update!

"Unfortunately things haven't been going as well I had hoped the past 2 months, especially after such a promising August. Our manager continues to play Kompany in midfield which is one of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever come across.

I may have to consider his position if things don't change soon...I am not a man to make rash decisions but playing one of the best defenders in the world out of position can not be ignored!"

I will give a more detailed report when I have access to the FM game save tomorrow :)

I will give a more detailed report when I have access to the FM game save tomorrow :)

Disclaimer, it is illegal for you to put a little note at the bottom of your posts like that, without entitling it "Disclaimer"

October Update

October was a perfect month for Atletico with 6 points, 4 goals scored and 0 conceded.

To start possibly one of the shortest months, game wise, that league football has ever witnessed, Atletico travelled to Germany to face Borussia Dortmund. Antoine Griezmann has started the season well without really showing what he's fully capable of. All that changed in the Westfalenstadion as he scored one in each half to help Atletico secure a comfortable 2-0 win.

October was completed with the visit of the struggling Barcelona - for all their attacking riches it seems to be the defence which is currently letting the Catalan giants down. The Vicente Calderon was rocking before the game and even more so on 25 minutes as Griezmann finished well. Luciano Vietto is proving his worth this season and he got his 4th league goal on the hour. Barcelona rarely threatened in this one and Atletico could have had a few more. Only the scintillating form of Juventus is keeping Atletico off top spot currently and Iglesias will hope manager Diego Simeone can keep the run going into November.

Player of the Month - October
Antoine Griezmann

Top Scorer - October
Antoine Griezmann (3)

First up in November is the Madrid derby, a game in which Atletico will be looking to stretch their unbeaten run to 8 games.

As a side note, owner Enrique Iglesias has been eating big slices of humble pie as a player he touted around the fellow chairmen for free, Juanfran, is currently on course to win Player of the Year with a string of outstanding performances.

Disappointing start to the Platinum League

After 6 games we sit in 10th place with 8 points joint with FC Bayern & Arsenal but only 2 points away from the relegation zone! But saying that only 4 points off the top spot so looks like everyone is beating everyone after the first few months of this new league.

Marco Reus does what he normally does and stepped up with 3 goals to add to his tally and also with the 2nd best mins/goal ratio at 88.00. But unlucky for us he has picked up a major injury which has ruled him out for 6-7 weeks!

Vidal has got his running shoes on covering the most in the league per/90 mins proving how much of a work horse he really is.

But the star player for the last 6 games was the big man himself Mats Hummels! The German has played 10 solid games for us so far this season with an average rating of 7.54 putting in 47 tackles 2 PoM awards and with 91% average passing.

After Hummels performances, everyone needs to step up to make this season one to remember but there are early signs of this from a few players such as new signing and U23 player Davy Klaassen. The Dutch superstar as notched up 3 goals in 9 games(2 subs) with a cheeky 82% pass rate and 7.09 rating, it is starting to look like a pretty good buy.

Next update is on the way! I am aiming to try and sim through this first season fairly quickly so dont feel you have to do a full update for every month! :)

My next proper update won't be until Wednesday be I've had a bugs couple of days and will be busy tomorrow, but the update on Wednesday will cover the season so far and (hopefully :D) and improvement from Barca!

November Results

Platinum League

Table

View attachment 168744
Juventus still lead the way with Chelsea and PSG just the one win behind. The Milans look to be in trouble at the bottom while Dortmund are starting to falter. Barcelona and United are beginning to work their way through the table and Leverkusen see a surge up the table as well. Valencia and Arsenal safely tucked in mid-table.

Gameweek 9

View attachment 168748
Juventus continue their stranglehold on the lead of the league with a fantastic win against struggling Bayern. Leverkusen pick up a massive win over arsenal and in a massive shock, both Barcelona and Man United both win! Leonid Slutskiy's Valencia reign is off to a poor start but huge celebrations in Liverpool as Fernando Torres returns to score his third of the season, against his former club.

Gameweek 10

View attachment 168747
A huge upset as PSG pinch a win against the leader Juventus! Manchester United and Barcelona both continue their improving form by winning their matches and Man City pick up an important win against Atletico to keep it close at the top. Arsenal manage to see a poor again Bayern side and Valencia pick up a big win over Dortmund! has the managerial change worked?

Gameweek 11

View attachment 168746
Dortmunds season is starting to become catastrophic with defeat to 10 man Leverkusen, while Juventus re-establish their gap at the top of the table. PSG are edged out by two late goals from Man Utd as they continue their hot streak, but Barcelona are back to losing ways and cannot escape the drop zone as they are seen off by a very good Chelsea side! Also worth noting is a second consecutive win for Valencia!

The Cup

Third Round

View attachment 168745
Only one real shock in the cup and that is Inter being dumped out by Schalke. Leverkusen lose out to PSG, Dortmund go out to Bayern and Man City are still to play their 2nd leg but are behind to Sociedad!

Game Save - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YPiy4emMIHWmtPYzJuSFVTVUE/view?usp=sharing

NOTICE - Could Barcelona and Milan get in touch ASAP, both of you have had your managers sacked and will need to either pick your new man or let the board on the game do it for you!

Drat. We lost to Barca!

Normally I wouldn't be too mad, but in this case...

Happy we're moving up the table however. Slutskiy's reign off to a solid start.

Bayern!

Soon to be looking for a new manager if things don't improve!

NOTICE - Could Barcelona and Milan get in touch ASAP, both of you have had your managers sacked and will need to either pick your new man or let the board on the game do it for you!

I'll look now and PM you shortly :)

IMPORTANT GAME NOTICE

Hi everybody, it is really important that you all read this because the future of the game is in doubt!!

It has been pointed out to me by several people that the finances on this game are strange and they really are! I have been wracking my brains for several nights trying to work out a fair fix but have been struggling. The problem comes with teams having different amounts of debt/ income changes by change of league. Teams like Man United and Barcelona are losing almost 20 million a month, while Real Madrid and PSG are making profit and teams like Leverkusen and Dortmund are losing 7-10 mil a month.

My first thought was to just cancel out everybodys losses every month but then I realised this was not fair on the small clubs, as the big clubs could spend whatever they want on wages and it wouldnt matter because they wouldnt be making a loss.

Another problem is that the profits/losses appear to be quite random and have nothing to do with the amounts of wages being spent by clubs. Real Madrid spending 2.5 mil a week are making profit, United spending 2.25 mil a week are making a huge loss.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how to even up the finances a bit? If I gave everybody an extra 20 mil a month then teams like PSG, Real Madrid and Leverkusen will be up by £100 mil + on profit (before tv money) where as barca would be just breaking even, which isnt fair as teams like Barca and Bayern SHOULD be able to spend more a month on wages.

If a solution cannot be found then i fear this game is going to have to finish as it is not fair on a lot of teams and cant be controlled.

Would wiping out club debts work or not?!

E.g. - if Milan had a £300m loan, would wiping that off change anything.

If so, you could do that for all clubs